Game Day Round 6, 2019 - Geelong v West Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important clash that could see us go clear on top of the ladder. A loss brings us back to the pack.

Can we avoid consecutive losses at KP?

Can the reigning Premiers avoid consecutive losses?

All this and more in today’s episode of game day melts and celebrations.

Enjoy!

Pretty miserable out there at moment with rain and wind

I don’t necessarily think we are better in wet but I feel Eagles are far better in the dry.

Our midfield continues to struggle at clearances. Hopefully that improves today
Would be surprised if it’s not clear and dry by game time.

We are 7th for clearances. We seem to have patches in games where we struggle and others where we dominate. Probably related to the mix of personnel in there.

Would be surprised if it’s not clear and dry by game time.

We are 7th for clearances. We seem to have patches in games where we struggle and others where we dominate. Probably related to the mix of personnel in there.
Last week started dreadful then got back into it

McEvoy dominated ruck which had a large say in that

Eagles ruck don’t strike me as particularly fearsome

Last edited:
I'm disappointed in you lot in Geelong,all bloody week you're had to organize a shitty cold miserable wet day,and you serve up a perfect day for footy,same on all of you.
It's ******* freezing

Should win, and it'd be good to atone for an incredibly frustrating performance against them over there last year.

It'll be a bit novel to potentially have the edge over the Eagles in the ruck. If Stanley has a big one then I don't see them getting past us.

I reckon it will be a hard game of footy! Both teams don't want to let this one slip; Geelong don't want consecutive losses @ home and WCE have gotten pumped in a couple already this season and would be looking to re-establish themselves as a contender and no better game to do that than to beat the ladder leader @ their home fortress.

Should win, and it'd be good to atone for an incredibly frustrating performance against them over there last year.

It'll be a bit novel to potentially have the edge over the Eagles in the ruck. If Stanley has a big one then I don't see them getting past us.
That's probable a question for Kirsten;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's ******* freezing

And patches of rain coming through sporadically - hard to get a read on what the weathers going to be like in an hour let alone 5 hours when the game will be underway

Important clash that could see us go clear on top of the ladder. A loss brings us back to the pack.

Can we avoid consecutive losses at KP?

Can the reigning Premiers avoid consecutive losses?

All this and more in today’s episode of game day melts and celebrations.

Enjoy!

Sort of like ... Same Bat Time , Same Bat channel .... LOL

yep there is a lot results and outcomes that are possible.

I dont think we have been very good in recent years of being able to go beyond the week after week grind . Apparently the club approach really set itself for GWS... Mmm that worked out well.

You are right on the ladder. Wins and percentage are really important. Close wins and close losses may determine finals or not for many a club. WC probably see this as a free hit... I doubt they would have banked this as a win.. yet for us I doubt we would have not banked most of our home games. Counter to this I doubt we would have banked the chance to be 5 and 1. So more than anything , this afternoon will be about being able to rouse our game when its required.. a lazy sunday game at KP doesnt feel like big time Fri Night but its a big game no doubt. Time to switch on. No on mass bad day.

I hope to see Hawkins have a big game. In hinesight one could understand that big Tom was distracted a bit last week.. so hoepfully this week with a more normally lead up he is back in town.

Ablett will have no fears of any neg noise today but Im not convinced that the confines of KP suit him as much as the bigger grounds now. But he showed the type of form that would have lifted his confidence.. no matter what im sure doing it would be a good boost to his inner self.

Just what do we get from in the in's . Constable back and fresh. 2E ..he would have confidence on what he brings but he would also know who has been rested this week.

Sav .. he showed his best form of the year in iq against GWS. Lets hop he feels good and grabs a couple

West Coast will try to bring their game but if we are switched on ..I think we win ..if we are efficient , we can win comfortably. Waste chances or give them a sniff ..could be another negative KP result.

Reckon it might be tough for WC. KP doesn't suit their game anymore. If they can't kick and mark they'll struggle.
The old lesson from junior footy, "Punch their hands when it's cold!'
We should clog everything up for them and it'll be cold and hopefully wet.

I put 25 on West Coast paying 3.50 to win. Can't really say no to those odds. For a few reasons. Reigning premiers, obviously. And there were so many games like this last year where Geelong had an opportunity to press an advantage and get ahead of the comp and then failed dismally. It'll be worth the 25 to be wrong. And worth the 90 to be right. Really hope we win the game and I lose my bet.

Dang. All the Sunday chores are done and 4 hours 'til kick-off. That's too much time to start worrying and/or drinking!

Very intrigued by today's match. West Coast are good - very good - but as last week showed they're nowhere near invincible. As long as we're clever going forward then we go a long way to stopping Hurn and McGovern from running their own race. I'd be looking to get the ball into the hands of Joel, Ablett and Duncan as much as we can in the half-forwad line, delivering into 50. Hawk and Sav have to provide strong contests in the air - if they do I back our smaller guys to do well once the ball hits the deck.

Midfield battle is huge, obviously. As steady as our defence is, the Eagles forward-line is good enough that repeated entries through midfield dominance will eventually make our defenders look like hacks. Oscar Allen carved us up in JLT - Kolo has been much better since then, hopefully he can redeem himself if they're matched up.

Hopefully Tuohy doesn't look too rusty. His run in the VFL showed he was fit but hardly screamed "great form". That being said, Clark could use the rest and I guess I'd have Tuohy back in ahead of Zuthrie.

I really rate and respect this current West Coast team so I'm looking forward to seeing how we go against them. Win this and go to the 'G next week for another huge match with a boatload of confidence. Lose and next week becomes a real danger game to fall behind the pack. I do like sections of the season like this, though, because it's all up to the team. If they're good enough, they can set their year up over the next fortnight, having already provided a great foundation. Hopefully they're up for the fight.

If they're good enough, they can set their year up over the next fortnight, having already provided a great foundation. Hopefully they're up for the fight.

Exactly this. Last year saw so many genuine chances to set up a flag assault go begging against poor opposition teams. The Eagles are a quality side but at home in the wet, given our form line, this really is ours to lose. If we win this game today, I'd say it'll be a huge sign that we've turned a corner from last year's disappointing effort. Really hoping our new lads give the Eagles a bath. Rohan - Dal - Constable - time to step up, boys! Close that gap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back