Game Day Round 6, 2019 - Gold Coast vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking forward to the game. Hoping for another close affair.

lioninthesand, from the preview thread, agree to some extent that I don't like the Miller / Zorko act. In previous iterations they've both acted in a way which leaves me feeling a bit sour about the situation. Disagree with your assertion that Miller hasn't been good on the day. First Clash last year he won the Marcus Ashcroft Medal, 2 brownlow votes for his 21 disposal, 7 clearance game.

Think both forward lines have a winning score in them and both defences somewhat vulnerable. Comes down to quality of the midfield supply.

Beautiful morning here on the coast.Some kids footy before heading down.We should win this one.Go Lions 🦁

Very confident that we'll win today, on the other hand a loss today would be as depressing as any we have had through all these bleak years IMO considering the 1st 3 games and the disappearing Lid.

Come on boys, bring intensity, desire and desperation... chase harass and tackle.

Expecting a close win. Suns seem to be shutting down midfields which is a worry because we don’t have a lot of depth after Neale but their forwardline is almost non-existent so I’d expect us to kick enough goals to at least narrowly get over the line

I have a feeling Lyons will have a big game... Seems like a perfect revenge game candidate.
If he does, we win. Him having a big game will likely mean we’ve won the contested footy. If we win contested footy, Gold Coast won’t stop us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a feeling Lyons will have a big game... Seems like a perfect revenge game candidate.

Lyons actually said that showing GC how good he can be was a motivating factor in preseason/games.

He’ll have a blinder.

In NT at the moment on a road trip . All services pretty patchy .
No idea if I will see the game today .
These boys make me so nervous .
They will ALL have to play at their best , no passengers ,or Suns will run all over us .
Please win boys .

Lets hope for an entertaining game and the Lions can put on a display that the supporters can be proud of. I expect a five goal win with the quality of the two sides but the Lions must use brain and brawn to have a decisive victory.

Have commenced my two hour trip from Northside to Nerang. First game at Metricon since round one 2017 so am hoping all this travel is worth it!

The boys have had two s**t weeks so now more than ever we should back them in to bounce back and show them our support. No negativity needed, let's just back them and have a blast being supporters willing them over the line.

This is s “must win.” While we were thrashed against Essendon and Collingwood, in the context of the season plenty of teams will lose to these two. A loss to Gold Coast would be a completely different proposition. We need to not only win, but we need to pump them. We also need to dispense with the stop start possession game on the flanks and own the corridor. Winning contested possessions will be vital today. Witherden and Gardiner also need to step up. Excited to have Cutler back in the side. Zorko needs to not get sucked in, but needs to let his football do the talking. Big Oscar will dominate today and Stef will silence his critics. Ryan Lester will star and cement a place in the seniors. Now that it’s game day, throwing as much good karma at Lewis Taylor as possible! Come on Taylor! Show us what you got. Take a contested mark, run both ways and lay some successful tackles and all is forgiven.

As for McStay ...

Lids are still off!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back