Preview Round 6, 2019: Hawthorn v Carlton, 28 April 2019, 3.20pm @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
you know being a hawks supporter russell wouldn't play an injured player for any reason

We’ve had plenty of players ‘play sore’ over the Russell-era at the Hawks.

Both Nash and Lewis as half forwards picked out and delivered by foot to Sicily Pack marks in the goalsquare in JLT.

They are seriously talented re goal assists

Last edited:

We have the graveyard timeslot this year that rubbish teams get given.

Hopefully we can pick up a few wins and stick it up theAFL.

Sunday 3.20 in Tassie..... yikes.🤦‍♂️

This is just untrue mate.

The Sunday timeslot is Channel 7s second (or third) favourite timeslot behind your Friday and Thurs night games.

We've been on free to air TV every week in a spotlight game. Really can't complain. When we're in the 4:40 Saturdays or 1:20 Sundays every week then we can start complaining.

Anyway wow I didn't think I'd see ToB again. Best of luck to him.

The Sunday timeslot is Channel 7s second (or third) favourite timeslot behind your Friday and Thurs night games.

We've been on free to air TV every week in a spotlight game. Really can't complain. When we're in the 4:40 Saturdays or 1:20 Sundays every week then we can start complaining.

Was emergency last week? Might be a plan to rotate players and keep the squad fresher

Sicily doesn’t sit on people’s heads. He floats in from of the pack and takes u contested marks. Or he judges the ball in flight better than his opponent and works him under the ball from behind and then marks. He isn’t going to address the need you describe.

Correct the sitting on people head was just a figure of speech.
He is our best contested mark and judge of the ball in our team.
The 1need up fwd is someome that can take a mark, provide a aerial contest and not get out marked, so i disagree with you there he has all the attributes.
We have been struggling in this aera for yrs any member will admit this.

We need to make the most of our forward 50 entries with limited supply. Tob is in I reckon the coaching panel is slowly moving to the idea it is very hard when he is starring down back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's simple the club just doesn't rate Miles, KPI's must not be that impressive, got told to explore his options last off season and obviously not to many other clubs were keen either.

Maybe this year we could help him facilitate a trade to the handbaggers, a straight swap for Nakia Cockatoo sounds good to me 😉

How many free to air games do 7 get? Hard to believe a Saturday 7:30 game is less preferable than 3:20 Sunday, the Sunday games are horrid.

We've been on free to air TV every week in a spotlight game.
Ummm this is just untrue.

We've been on free to air once and it was when I was out. Maybe in your city they've been on free to air every week, but not where it counts. (where I live)

Tim in means we’re losing a player late.

Why?
Other than the fact we always make a late change, we dropped 2 talls in Nash and mirra, and brought in two talls in stratts and TOB. Carlton have also gone in bloody tall. Nash out means gunston goes forward, with tob and stratts in defence
Morrison and shiels also straight swap.

Blues have gone in bloody tall, hope it’s a cold windy day down in tassie

We have the graveyard timeslot this year that rubbish teams get given.

Hopefully we can pick up a few wins and stick it up theAFL.

Sunday 3.20 in Tassie..... yikes.🤦‍♂️
Shocking timeslot. My wife and kids back at school Monday and 3hrs roughly each way in the car from Hobart. Only thing that will save this from being an abysmal crowd is the fact its a 'big' Vic club.

Fairly happy with the changes. Nash and Morrison are young players with tonnes of potential, they're just both going through a trough in form. Best thing for them is to step back a level and find the confidence. Mirra was always going to be a 'yo-yo' type player. Called up in case of emergency but mostly your classic backup defender

Shiels and Stratts back in is a massive boost; hopefully meaning we can regain some sort of stability throughout the lineup. I can't say I'm overjoyed to see O'Brien back, but I can concede that should Carlton go in with all their talls, he will be required. Just has to do his job

Morrison back to the VFL for 1-2 games is the best thing for him in order to turn his season around as he wasn’t going anywhere.

What position does he play in the VFL?

We have three potentially elite level wingers ahead of him in the seniors. I think he has to develop some more strings to his bow, which could take some time. I think we can get the best out of his cool head, decision making and skills, but I'm not sure where yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back