Discussion Round 6, 2019 - Photos and Discussion (ANZAC Day)

Remove this Banner Ad

Essendon-Anzac-2019.gif

Collingwood-Anzac-2019.gif

What they look like currently based off the ISC artwork which is almost always different from what the finished jumpers look like.

Morse Code
- .... . -.-- / .-- . -. - / .-- .. - .... / ... --- -. --. ... / - --- / - .... . / -... .- - - .-.. . --..-- / - .... . -.-- / .-- . .-. . / -.-- --- ..- -. --. --..-- / ... - .-. .- .. --. .... - / --- ..-. / .-.. .. -- -... --..-- / - .-. ..- . / --- ..-. / . -.-- . --..-- / ... - . .- -.. -.-- / .- -. -.. / .- --. .-.. --- .-- .-.-.- / - .... . -.-- / .-- . .-. . / ... - .- ..- -. -.-. .... / - --- / - .... . / . -. -.. / .- --. .- .. -. ... - / --- -.. -.. ... / ..- -. -.-. --- ..- -. - . -.. --..-- / - .... . -.-- / ..-. . .-.. .-.. / .-- .. - .... / - .... . .. .-. / ..-. .- -.-. . ... / - --- / - .... . / ..-. --- . .-.-.- / - .... . -.-- / ... .... .- .-.. .-.. / --. .-. --- .-- / -. --- - / --- .-.. -.. --..-- / .- ... / .-- . / - .... .- - / .- .-. . / .-.. . ..-. - / --. .-. --- .-- / --- .-.. -.. ---... / .- --. . / ... .... .- .-.. .-.. / -. --- - / .-- . .- .-. -.-- / - .... . -- --..-- / -. --- .-. / - .... . / -.-- . .- .-. ... / -.-. --- -. -.. . -- -. .-.-.- / .- - / - .... . / --. --- .. -. --. / -.. --- .-- -. / --- ..-. / - .... . / ... ..- -. / .- -. -.. / .. -. / - .... . / -- --- .-. -. .. -. --. / .-- . / .-- .. .-.. .-.. / .-. . -- . -- -... . .-. / - .... . -- .-.-.-

You'd have to take out the / marks

Also it's this in English, which is above the jock tag:
They went with songs to the battle, they were young,
Straight of limb, true of eye, steady and aglow.
They were staunch to the end against odds uncounted,
They fell with their faces to the foe.
They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old:
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

hey mero, just out of curiosity on your sugar daddy guernseys, or guernseys with text. Do you manage to find the actual data that goes on there, or is it just Lorem Ipsum?

Essendon-Anzac-2019.gif

What they look like currently based off the ISC artwork which is almost always different from what the finished jumpers look like.

You don't usually leave cutouts for sponsors do you Mero? Are we not just saying that the Amart logo is in a black box? I don't see it as any different to the North home guernseys of the last 10 or so years

You don't usually leave cutouts for sponsors do you Mero? Are we not just saying that the Amart logo is in a black box? I don't see it as any different to the North home guernseys of the last 10 or so years
Yeah, I've already changed it.
But it was after I posted the image to the website, then linked to it.

hey mero, just out of curiosity on your sugar daddy guernseys, or guernseys with text. Do you manage to find the actual data that goes on there, or is it just Lorem Ipsum?
A little bit of both.
Where I can find it, I do. And this is my preference.
However...
Where I can't find it, either mfcrox finds it or I use Lorem Ipsum

anzac day exists because of terrible events and professional football clubs piggybacking off of what is supposed to be a solemn and reflective day for the country in order to make a profit is problematic. especially when retail versions of these jumpers are sold under the guise of donating that profit to the RSL, etc.

either donate the entirety of the profit or don't sell retail versions.
Just a heads-up, and not singularly directed at you Dylan, but we generally steer clear of the "politics" of ANZAC jumpers when we're discussing them here - our focus is more on the design, aesthetic etc.
I acknowledge your passion and also that others feel differently but, as with Indigenous jumpers, discussing or debating the, shall we say motivation, behind them can probably be better discussed in a Footy Industry thread :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just a heads-up, and not singularly directed at you Dylan, but we generally steer clear of the "politics" of ANZAC jumpers when we're discussing them here - our focus is more on the design, aesthetic etc.
I acknowledge your passion and also that others feel differently but, as with Indigenous jumpers, discussing or debating the, shall we say motivation, behind them can probably be better discussed in a Footy Industry thread :)
Disagree.

I think what is happening with the jumpers, the retailing of them and the reason they are there at all (to make money) falls under our banner.

I don't think his post was overly political or extreme either.

anzac day exists because of terrible events and professional football clubs piggybacking off of what is supposed to be a solemn and reflective day for the country in order to make a profit is problematic. especially when retail versions of these jumpers are sold under the guise of donating that profit to the RSL, etc.

either donate the entirety of the profit or don't sell retail versions.
Solemn? It's the second biggest day for alcohol related violence and arrests. Grouse!

I think what is happening with the jumpers, the retailing of them and the reason they are there at all (to make money) falls under our banner.
Is there not a main-board thread about it already?
I agree with Dylan8 on the issue, but my thinking is that this board is about the discussion of footy designs from an aesthetic perspective. The main board would discuss footy designs from a practical perspective (eg. are clash jumpers even needed, back in my day... etc), with a bit of overlap with the clash jumper thread they have going on over there (that really should be here).

Either way, just have at it fam

EDIT: We argue about the colours of pieces of cloth on this board, so to an extent we can sustain some level of political discussion, I just think that there's other boards which are fit for that sort of purpose.

Disagree.

I don't think his post was overly political or extreme either.
Fair enough. I come for the jumper designs but each to their own.
To clarify, I wasn't calling those particular posts overly political or extreme but I feel the topic itself can get that way.

Not sure about that. I think it's relevant to an extent. We often talk about clubs 'selling out' with sugar-daddy jumpers, etc. To me, creating an ANZAC Day jumper as a money spinner (often with 'part proceeds' to the RSL) is even worse.

Dyl is an ex-mod of this board, I think he knows where the line can be drawn.

Thanks for your concern though.

Richmond's ANZAC jumper.
Proceeds from each sale will be donated to the RSL’s ANZAC Appeal, supporting our current and former serving men, women and their families, in times of need.

Key Features behind this design:
  • The third and fourth stanza of Laurence Binyon’s poem “For the Fallen” displayed in Morse code, replicating the architecture of the walls of the Education Centre courtyard at the Shrine of Remembrance
  • A written version of the poem “For the Fallen” is also above the locker tag
  • A list of Richmond players who died serving our country is displayed on the back of the guernsey
View attachment 651810
Some better photos of the jumper.
AVOjLme.png
otH6QUn.png

The morse code really needs to go onto the back; and the Lest We Forget is always so tacky on these.

Always disappointing to see clubs pay respects to those fallen ay?

I thinks its more positioning it in the tramp stamp position that causes the issue.

Always disappointing to see clubs pay respects to those fallen ay?
Come on dude...

It’s the integration. It looks awkward.

I think a better approach is something like Essendon - using the thin sash of the era, subtle changing of elements to reflect imagery. Words and big logos look awkward.

Essendon-Anzac-2019.gif

It looks like a final player issue photo on the Essendon shop site. No red on the inside of the collar.

eb19jsy14m-front.jpg

On the Collingwood site it looks like a photo of a retail guernsey. There is a big white part underneath the number box (where the Emirates logo is).

cw19jsy14m-back.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back