Discussion Round 6, 2019 - Photos and Discussion (ANZAC Day)

Remove this Banner Ad

Even with the current rules (well, 2018s – who knows what's going on now Geelong wear navy shorts a lot more), the solution is pretty easy for North.

Just use thicker stripes.

In the 2000s, the new materials and looser fits meant there was more of a white jumper with three blue stripes. All clubs were guilty of this though (Pies, Hawks). As jumpers got tighter again in the 2010s, it's not like the stripes got thicker. Basically the old 80s jumpers could look like a blue jumper with two thick white stripes, like braces-type. The stripes got more centralised later on. Push the stripes back onto the cuffs and you change the look.

All you need is to revert to that.

Either put a white, Hawthorn 2008 like number panel on, or put a blue panel on the back.

Depending on shorts, most clashes can be sorted.

Otherwise make the bounding roo predominantly white.

Make the Indigenous all royal; wear that as an alternate.

North are still just a club with blue and white stripes. It's not like West Coast changing colours.

It was a historical North element, it had been around since 1933 (just checked) and broke up the blue and white really well in my opinion. Like Gibbsy mentioned earlier, this is just another small part of their identity they've lost.
Yea I know, as I follow these discussions and footyjumpers. However, like black shorts, I see it as something from the past that randomly hung around even after it lost its necessity.

The Crows should wear a yellow version of their clash against teams like St Kilda who have a large amount of white in their home strip

The Crows should wear a yellow version of their clash against teams like St Kilda who have a large amount of white in their home strip
St Kilda don't have a large amount of white - less than Essendon have red or Richmond yellow.
I've never seen a game where St Kilda's opponents wear white and the contrast has been less than great.

St Kilda don't have a large amount of white - less than Essendon have red or Richmond yellow.
I've never seen a game where St Kilda's opponents wear white and the contrast has been less than great.
I'm not saying it's a clash, just saying Adelaide would stand out a lot more in yellow, and it's one of their traditional colours.

I'm not saying it's a clash, just saying Adelaide would stand out a lot more in yellow, and it's one of their traditional colours.
I agree on the traditional colours bit.
And yes, they'd stand out...against the narrow strip of white on the front of the Saints' jumper.

I just don't think the Saints' white stops the white jumpers from contrasting as much as the yellow ones would.

GWS warming up in dark shorts, so Home v Home in Sydney tonight. Love it, hope it looks good on TV its always fine in the flesh

GWS warming up in dark shorts, so Home v Home in Sydney tonight. Love it, hope it looks good on TV its always fine in the flesh

How awesome would Swans in clash with home shorts make it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Minimises both mutual white and mutual red/orange. Best of the current options.

Seeing Nike ads pop up on the SCG boundary. Kind of strengthens the rumour the Swans will sign with them. hope not!

Seeing Nike ads pop up on the SCG boundary. Kind of strengthens the rumour the Swans will sign with them. hope not!

Likely just as a footwear sponsor, on a related note Asics still pop up as a sponsor on the boards at Panthers Stadium even though Penrith switched their kit manufacturer to Classic in 2018

The guy who said "Nike", also said something about Carlton signing with someone. Can anyone find this post, because I am about 90% sure he said Swans with Adidas........

Remove this Banner Ad

Back