Discussion Round 6, 2019 - Photos and Discussion (ANZAC Day)

Remove this Banner Ad

Being stubborn and throwing up blinders to the situation isn’t an answer. History has no say in modern presentation of the game. If there is a quick and easily solution that allows both teams to wear their preferred jumper that should always be the answer. This is a simple light V dark match-up ruined by Geelongs petulance.

At the very least WC should be in coloured shorts too. Wouldn’t make the contest look any worse.

Also congrats on the 20/20 vision.

What’s annoying me hear is everyone is complaining about Us in blue shorts.

The issue is West Coast aren’t in Royal shorts

Sometimes people lose sight of the fact that clubs design there home uniform and it’s up to the visiting team to work with them.

This why EPL have 3rd kits (We are no where near that point)

Why should Geelong wear White shorts when Sydney never have to wear them?

Once again at Kardinia Park tonight if there was an issue it was West Coast was not in Royal shorts.

Lastly, for the record I genuinely hope we continue to wear white shorts in home fixtures against Carlton and Collingwood, there are times where they are needed to avoid 3rd kits coming in.

Wow, you’ve gone staunch since you started supporting them five minutes ago.

Nothing to do with my support of club, Insimply think like Sydney we should be able to wear Navy and have the opposition in their home shorts.

Also for the record I am in my 4th season as a Geelong Member and on track to attend my 50th Geelong game as a Geelong supporter this year, something I could never achieve with Brisbane and thus made the change.

Sydney's guernsey is more red than white, for starters.
If they started wearing their white jumper at home, I would expect them to wear white shorts with it when hosting Brisbane and Gold Coast.

Sydney's guernsey is more red than white, for starters.
If they started wearing their white jumper at home, I would expect them to wear white shorts with it when hosting Brisbane and Gold Coast.
Has more to do with there being a majority of clubs that rock a blue or dark base. Red is one of those colours that seems to skirt all that.

Has more to do with there being a majority of clubs that rock a blue or dark base. Red is one of those colours that seems to skirt all that.
Well that too - the away shorts policy goes out when the opposition wears red :p
That said, if the colours don't clash I don't see why they shouldn't both wear coloured shorts.

Here is my break up in what should be worn against Geelong for every home game:

Navy Shorts: Adelaide, Brisbane, Esendon, Fremantle, GWS, Gold Coast, Hawthron, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, St Kilda, Sydney, West Coast and Western Bulldogs.

White Shorts: Carlton, Collingwood & North melbourne.

If North and Collingwood go to a white base jumper then we would wear white still and they would have to provide a clash jumper and wear dark shorts still.

Like Sydney, no team should wear white shorts against us (Ithink Brisbane Vic Jumper with Royal Shorts would look great).

Looks like a big bowl of white shorts this Sunday;)

Shame we haven't gone all-in for a Country Jumper this year, the 2016 version was one of my favourite Cats jumpers:

Geelong-Country-2016.gif

Might be an 'every second year' thing, or it might have been towelled given the Retails sold pretty poorly last year (half price on the clearance racks only a couple of weeks after the match)

Here is my break up in what should be worn against Geelong for every home game:

Navy Shorts: Adelaide, Brisbane, Esendon, Fremantle, GWS, Gold Coast, Hawthron, Melbourne, Port Adelaide, Richmond, St Kilda, Sydney, West Coast and Western Bulldogs.

White Shorts: Carlton, Collingwood & North melbourne.

If North and Collingwood go to a white base jumper then we would wear white still and they would have to provide a clash jumper and wear dark shorts still.

Like Sydney, no team should wear white shorts against us (Ithink Brisbane Vic Jumper with Royal Shorts would look great).
What's the differece between Carlton and Melbourne? Still a lotta navy and white mixing around.
I think if the Oppo are majority navy that's a no-go.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What's the differece between Carlton and Melbourne? Still a lotta navy and white mixing around.
I think if the Oppo are majority navy that's a no-go.

Melbourne had the red back against Us, Carlton's clash simply wouldn't work against us, not unless they went away from navy and White and I think thats a no go.

Melbourne had the red back against Us, Carlton's clash simply wouldn't work against us, not unless they went away from navy and White and I think thats a no go.
The Crows would be the same as Carlton. On have a navy or a white kit.

The Crows would be the same as Carlton. On have a navy or a white kit.

Enough Yellow and red in the jumper that no its not the same.

Oh boy.....

So we're gonna see Essendon wearing white shorts....

Going by the picture, we will be too :tearsofjoy:

Seriously though I have a feeling that the navy shorts could be a Kardinia Park rule/custom/idea and not a home match rule/custom/idea, so we'll wear white

Going by the picture, we will be too :tearsofjoy:

Seriously though I have a feeling that the navy shorts could be a Kardinia Park rule/custom/idea and not a home match rule/custom/idea, so we'll wear white

Could be right, the on farm video has Essendon in Black shorts and Geelong in white

Very ethical questions here about virtue vs utlitiarian ethics here.

TLDR you can be in favor of Cats full home if you want. But if you are then WCE should have royal shorts and Carlton have to wear pink.
I too have done high school and uni philosophy. This argument is missing a few steps. Overzealous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back