Preview Round 6 2019 - Richmond v Melbourne, MCG. Wed April 24th 7.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Im one of his biggest critics but he has been fantastic lately
Last week was my first live match after having to listen to the last 2 on the radio. Thought Ellis was very good in the first half, but was back to his normal panicking in the last.
He was playing mainly on the wing where he belongs. Will be ok if he continues there and stays away from the backline.

Spot on. Superb is way over the top for Bolton. George's elite pressure was as good as it's been against the Swans. Apart from his 8 tackles he also had a game high 68 pressure acts. Also got a goal, something Bolton failed to do.
Bolton is a talent and his time will come, but not just yet.
Let’s no forget it’s a short break and I think Castagna might be better able to see out the match.

Spot on. Superb is way over the top for Bolton. George's elite pressure was as good as it's been against the Swans. Apart from his 8 tackles he also had a game high 68 pressure acts. Also got a goal, something Bolton failed to do.
Bolton is a talent and his time will come, but not just yet.

george is a turnover merchant, ok he gets some tackles but he aint a matchwinner and he finally kicked a goal. f. me

george is a turnover merchant, ok he gets some tackles but he aint a matchwinner and he finally kicked a goal. f. me

You need to watch the game again. Without your hate coloured glasses.

George plays the Richmond way. Sure he makes you pull your hair out, but he makes so many contests, tackles, chases, pressures and gets the ball forward at all costs.

No surprise at all that it was Bolton out. Unlucky but it was a no brainer really.
Funny how people react though, no Castagna fan but I laughed when he was called a plodder! He’s many things but he ain’t that!
Poor old Brando has played well last two and someone even wanted him out.
Bolton has a long way to go and more chances will come but he’s the obvious out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No surprise at all that it was Bolton out. Unlucky but it was a no brainer really.
Funny how people react though, no Castagna fan but I laughed when he was called a plodder! He’s many things but he ain’t that!
Poor old Brando has played well last two and someone even wanted him out.
Bolton has a long way to go and more chances will come but he’s the obvious out.
Agree it probably had to be Bolton dropped but I think he has more upside than Castagna. For one thing he will be able to play midfield even in small bursts. Castagna doesn’t seem like he can play midfield. Also skill and class is what we needed to improve on. Bolton looks better in long run than Castagna on that front.

Bolton simply doesn't have the tank atm.
Casta's does and is bigger bodied for his size than Bolts.
He'll no doubt get another chance.

Bolton is really going to be a gun in the long run. He is so similar to M.Walters and I think he could become our next mid/forward star.

But he is still pretty slim and in the Sydney game was pushed aside too often which George or Baker won’t be. He was stiff to get dropped but hopefully he is willing to stick around to reach that potential

Shiraz in it's youth, cabernet in age is my go.
I can remember in 1989 drinking a Muscat that was very very old I think it was over 40 years old, Newport beach
Outside the old power station ,, we found the bottle of Muscat in the cellar a tg the Red Eagle Hotel
It was a beautiful drop

Neale-Bullen and Garlett are dangerous ins. Was hoping the big lug Preuss would stay in as hes a liability(Dees just havent worked it out yet) and havent been inclined to look at it bc Gawn really wants him in the side. Anyhow, still think we'll win relatively comfortably but they'll be better and have more run than theyve shown so far

I would not be surprised if he in particular has a night out against Melbourne with Jack and Lynch taking the two best defenders.

I reckon he and Dusty will be making the Melbourne coach very nervous.
2 best defenders???? Melbourne????? Surely your taking the piss??? They don't have any defenders at all

Bolton simply doesn't have the tank atm.
Casta's does and is bigger bodied for his size than Bolts.
He'll no doubt get another chance.

This is probably the most accurate assessment of all really
Bolton played the 2nd least game time after Balta with 69% and clearly was exhausted after the game and was puffing more than most and the lack of endurance and in turn game time also contributes to his possession count and influence on games and he needs to get that upto around 85% playing the role he plays.

He has improved alot with where he was at this time last year but still needs another pre season to get that extra 20% game time thats required

Garlett the kind of player that always kills us. Dunno why the Wagners were even in at all before, so dropping them is good for Melbourne.

Their team more closely resembles what it should have been from the start of this year.
Last 2 games combined
Geffy 16 possession, 3 goals, 89 ranking points ,,,nothing to worry about

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back