Preview Round 6 2019 - Richmond v Melbourne, MCG. Wed April 24th 7.35pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish i was as confident about this game as some of you guys are and the dee's supporters about Richmond winning

For some reason the melbourne games are really difficult for me to gauge and keep thinking that this mob will pull out some sh!t against us and win the unexpected game.

I am very concerned about Jay Viney. I think he is an absolute JET , and I reckon he could rip us apart, he is so hard at the ball.

I will be dissappointed if we do not win, but I expect him in particular to be fired up.

Hey crew, due to the trains from my area being completely cooked. My mates and I are going into richmond a little bit earlier than usual. What's a good pub near the ground to have some pre-game drinks? Cricketers arms is a classic but always packed. Is the london tavern a decent choice?

Hey crew, due to the trains from my area being completely cooked. My mates and I are going into richmond a little bit earlier than usual. What's a good pub near the ground to have some pre-game drinks? Cricketers arms is a classic but always packed. Is the london tavern a decent choice?
Absolutely. I doubt it will be any less packed though.

The only time I've been there was after the Geelong QF, so it was definitely special circumstances. I remember seeing all the past Herald Sun premiership posters on the wall. I hope they've added "17 to the mantle!
It's a great pub. Excellent choice. I guess if you get there early enough you should get a decent spot.

Really hope it isn't Balta that makes way for Jack. Nank will get monstered if he goes up against Gawn and Preuss alone. Plus Baltas pace will be handy against a slow demons side
I'm not sure well else it could be. One of the small perhaps. Maybe Higgins?

No way. Higgins was good and we can't afford to drop another midfielder. Unless there is an injury it has to be one of Bolton and Castagna but I'd be disappointed if Bolton makes way. Rioli, Bolton and Baker can still bring the pressure and higgins and Jack are good at it too so I'm going with Castagna.

Balta was good against the Dees in JLT too...

No chance.

If any smalls go out it will be Bolton. He only played 69% of game time. That's normally a good indication of a coaches trust in a player. The only other player with less was Balta with 59%.

I am very concerned about Jay Viney. I think he is an absolute JET , and I reckon he could rip us apart, he is so hard at the ball.

I will be dissappointed if we do not win, but I expect him in particular to be fired up.

Im more concerned about Oliver than Viney, Viney is a bulldog thats under the pack with no hurt anywhere else , Oliver & Patracca can hurt you more
Salem needs to be attended to and Ellis will have to play a very good game to keep salem quite. Hunt is also a player that always gets under our guard

Balta must play this week imo, Apart from helping Nank with Gawn/Preuss he will also be needed to give richmond the option to have him drifting across the HB line cutting off ball coming into Preuss or Gawn in the foward line.

Out: Bolton
In: Riewoldt

No way. Higgins was good and we can't afford to drop another midfielder. Unless there is an injury it has to be one of Bolton and Castagna but I'd be disappointed if Bolton makes way. Rioli, Bolton and Baker can still bring the pressure and higgins and Jack are good at it too so I'm going with Castagna.

It won't be Castagna. If he was going to be dropped it would have been last week.
No chance.

If any smalls go out it will be Bolton. He only played 69% of game time. That's normally a good indication of a coaches trust in a player. The only other player with less was Balta with 59%.
Bolton or Balta.

Yeah, no more than 65K i reckon, dee fans will stay away. Only got 77k last year.
Not sure. There are no guest passes available in 3121 and trains are back running.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not a Castagna fan in regards to all of his * ups.but he won’t be dropped. He played ok on Saturday and was responsible for a lot of the high pressure stuff.

Give Cotch a month off and just make sure he’s right for when it really matters.
Also I really loved reading about Brando and just his professionalism in regards to preparation focusing on how he sleeps/eats on short break. That’s the s**t we do that really makes the difference i reckon and he’s a genuine leader in that area of footy and you can see it with his endurance.
Just gave me a lot of positive vibes and tells me that they are very switched on.

Last edited:
Caddy on SEN confrmed Jack is in
Will be the first time he has played with both Jack and Lunch in the same team

Go tigers
I would not be surprised if he in particular has a night out against Melbourne with Jack and Lynch taking the two best defenders.

I reckon he and Dusty will be making the Melbourne coach very nervous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back