Preview Round 6, 2019: St.Kilda v Adelaide - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 27th April, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 81 81.8%
  • Crows

Votes: 18 18.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes looking forward to it.

Just a couple of things.

He is 18 so still developing.

He is a rare quality but hasn't had a preseason and has not much of a tank.

Look at our forwards like Kent, Parker, Bruce, and Long, all have big tanks and our defensive structure demands our players stream back than push forward like blazes.I dont know King can do that yet.

Must admit, adding Carlisle, Hanners and Winx to the seniors is a nice thought though.
Si you don’t think he will play senior football this year??

The team is chock full of confidence. Jack Steele earlier today was quoted saying we are a good side in the competition & are a chance of playing finals. But this was my favourite quote: “We’ve always been a good running group but when you look at your opponents through a game & see how gassed they are compared to you it gives you confidence”.

I’m loving the confidence & swagger this group is showing. Not arrogant but confident in their own skin & not shying away from their strengths.

I’ve also noticed that Steele has really been the guy we have been rolling out in the media a lot. He’s a good looking chap, speaks well, highly professional & confident. Loving it at the moment.

I would really love us to pull a big crowd this week. Get Marvel really loud and put some pressure on Adelaide and the umpires. We haven’t had that for awhile, so I hope we can make it really tough for travelling teams.
I think anything 30k+ would be really good, mainly because it would be 98% Saints fans! We are very loud as well...

Think we will start seeing much better crowds to games like these now we have won a few which is a shame... because it shouldn’t matter but I absolutely get that it does.

Not sure how I'd feel about this.

Love to see us blooding the kids, but I'm not sure I'd be that happy if I were Mckenzie or White who are in good form.
Needs to have earned his spot, things have changed, a year ago getting him in and giving him experience was a good idea but having the opportunity to go 5-1 makes me think we stick with what was working in d-Mac.

Let coff have a solid 2-4 weeks of good footy then if a spot is available bring him in and hopefully he makes the spot his own!

We all want them to play, but did he say who should be dropped for them though?
Roo is great to listen to.
Personally I think it is exciting.

Clark
Coffield
King
Bytel

Then

Carlisle
Gears
Hanners.

Although encouraging, one thing we have learnt over the last five weeks is that names on paper doesn't mean much.
Marshall
Wilkie
Paton
Parker
Long
Kent

Not household names but playing beautiful football.

We have plenty of upside. We don't know what King and Bytel are capable of, Bytel will be 2020 and King maybe a game or two this season.

Carlisle won't be ok till 2020, Hanners we don't know about.

Only certainty is Gears ( and who thought that would be the case?).

So while Coff and Clark aren't in the ones there is good reasons. It is encouraging to hear they are doing what is required.

Great there is competition for spots.

the optimus in me is thinking this week we can throw off one of the dark clouds over us in beating the Crows (without looking i cant even remember the last time we beat them) but the negative nancy in me is worried we will see a repeat of the last time we were sitting in the top four after a good win against the tigers ... after that game we fell into a mighty hole
to me this weeks game means more than 4 points .. if we can continue our form and win it (and its very very winable) then i can see the confidence grow and grow and this year could lead to something unexpected for us that could see us contending very very soon ... lose and we will have to work extra hard to build that momentum up again and we will have a big task to prevent a spiral happening ....
i legit have butterflies over this game

the optimus in me is thinking this week we can throw off one of the dark clouds over us in beating the Crows (without looking i cant even remember the last time we beat them) but the negative nancy in me is worried we will see a repeat of the last time we were sitting in the top four after a good win against the tigers ... after that game we fell into a mighty hole
to me this weeks game means more than 4 points .. if we can continue our form and win it (and its very very winable) then i can see the confidence grow and grow and this year could lead to something unexpected for us that could see us contending very very soon ... lose and we will have to work extra hard to build that momentum up again and we will have a big task to prevent a spiral happening ....
I genuinely feel like we will almost repeat what we did this week vs the Crows.

Apart from sundays win over the GC they have been insipid and their first quarter was just that.

Home crowd, home ground and a milestone for a gun at their club got them up and about for the rest of the game, also the Gold Coast played their worst game of the year to date too.

If North can take care of the Crows, I have zero concern that we can’t.

Once again it's important to win the 1st Q as we did against the Demons first one for the season & also our 3rd Q as Adelaide 1st & 3rd Q appears to be their best, we know we can finish games off but would like to be in front from start to finish.

If all things equal & we turn up as we have this season this should be another 40+ win, Adelaide have beaten only Sydney & GC at home & during a 300 game milestone which you would expect & got beat by NM at Marvel the week before.

Experts were tipping Melbourne against us because they had a win against Sydney & said it would kick start their season off ... it didn't as we know & Kingy said it might also kick start Adelaide's after their win emotion only gets you so far & coming back to Marvel stadium won't help there cause.

whoooah whoooah .... dont tar West Australians with the WCE brush ... yes most WCE fans are West Australian but they are a special breed unto their own ... born into a life of self importance and arrogance stemmed from the financial and on field success of their club, most of them a decent people with the exception of when footy is mentione then they turn into the uber flogg that is the WCE supporter ... its getting worse over the years with them as they get more success and their team is lauded with praise and gushhing love from the local media outlets so when anyone or anything not equally gushing towards them is seen as an evil (look at the pathetic "outrage" over Eddie comentating the derby)...
Crows supporters are much the same ... again deep down i dont think they are bad people just you dont ever want to talk footy with them

Only wine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

the optimus prime in me is thinking this week we can throw off one of the dark clouds over us in beating the Crows (without looking i cant even remember the last time we beat them) but the negative nancy in me is worried we will see a repeat of the last time we were sitting in the top four after a good win against the tigers ... after that game we fell into a mighty hole
efa

the optometrist in me is thinking this week we can throw off one of the dark clouds over us in beating the Crows (without looking i cant even remember the last time we beat them) but the negative nancy in me is worried we will see a repeat of the last time we were sitting in the top four after a good win against the tigers ... after that game we fell into a mighty hole

efa

the opera in me is thinking this week we can throw off one of the dark clouds over us in beating the Crows (without looking i cant even remember the last time we beat them) but the negative nancy in me is worried we will see a repeat of the last time we were sitting in the top four after a good win against the tigers ... after that game we fell into a mighty hole
EFA.

Just looking at averages for Jack Newnes:

- disposals 24.4 (best in his career)
- contested 8.2 (best in his career)
- kicks 15.8 (best in his career)
- clearances 3.6 (best in his career)
- inside 50s 4.8 (best in his career)
- goal assists 1.0 (best in his career)
- score involvements 6.8 (best in his career)
- rebound 50s 3.8 (best in his career)
- metres gained 443 (best in his career)

I guess this is just his natural progression that we missed out on last year with his injury. But regardless, I'm super happy that he's taken that next step!
Career best form.. He blows me away sometimes the lad.

On TRT-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Just looking at averages for Jack Newnes:

- disposals 24.4 (best in his career)
- contested 8.2 (best in his career)
- kicks 15.8 (best in his career)
- clearances 3.6 (best in his career)
- inside 50s 4.8 (best in his career)
- goal assists 1.0 (best in his career)
- score involvements 6.8 (best in his career)
- rebound 50s 3.8 (best in his career)
- metres gained 443 (best in his career)

I guess this is just his natural progression that we missed out on last year with his injury. But regardless, I'm super happy that he's taken that next step!

Another player who we under rate each week and who has improved this year in a number of areas is Shane Savage. His kicking to targets rather than bombing long has improved, he is becoming more attacking in marking duells and his pressure acts have also become more aggressive.

Can't remember the last time we beat Adelaide, as someone else posted they are our nemesis.

Huge game that could set up the whole season with a win.

Remember going to watch a game where the Saints played the Crows out at football park, where we where beaten by about 20 points. My mate who still lives in Adelaide continually reminds me that i stupidly tried to take on the western stand over their blatant hypocricy over some umpiring calls and their abuse of Riewoldt who was still playing. The Adelaide supporters are up there with the worst in the comp.

Have been hanging out for a win ever since

Last edited:
Another player who we under rate each week and who has improved this year in a number of areas is Shane Savage. His kicking to targets rather than bombing long has improved, he is becoming more attacking in marking duells and his pressure acts have also become more aggressive.
Couldn’t agree more.

He’s gone under the radar a bit but he has been absolutely fantastic in every game so far.

He’s playing his role to perfection and has added a couple of elements to his game as well that you pointed out.

Agree. Someone was banging on about him not being AFL standard recently - has been huge.

Couldn’t agree more.

He’s gone under the radar a bit but he has been absolutely fantastic in every game so far.

He’s playing his role to perfection and has added a couple of elements to his game as well that you pointed out.

I agree too. His effort and toughness has clearly gone to another level, but what has really surprised me is his kicking efficiency, which I really didn't think he was capable of. He's now better defensively, and better offensively. It's huge for the backline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back