Preview Round 6, 2019: St.Kilda v Adelaide - Marvel Stadium, Saturday 27th April, 4:35PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Saints

Votes: 81 81.8%
  • Crows

Votes: 18 18.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the best thing about it is we are still a young team.

Someone posted the breakdown of players by games tally somewhere and it was remarkable how young we are.
So many playing in the senior 22 who have played fewer than 20 games, and no one over 200, and so many new faces.

It was very interesting to see.

I'd like to see that. Apparently we're ranked 9th for average age at the moment; but then that's after topping up with Rowe who I don't think will play unless things get dire.

Given we haven't played Hanners Armo or Snake yet (the latter two unlikely this year) I'd love to see our week to week average games and average age in terms of the team fielded compared to the rest of the comp.

I'd like to see that. Apparently we're ranked 9th for average age at the moment; but then that's after topping up with Rowe who I don't think will play unless things get dire.

Given we haven't played Hanners Armo or Snake yet (the latter two unlikely this year) I'd love to see our week to week average games and average age in terms of the team fielded compared to the rest of the comp.
Our list might be 9th, but our current 22 would be one of the youngest.

This will sound crazy to most.. But I want to bet on the saints to win the GF this year.. I have my reasons. I'll give you one.. Who ever pointed the bone at us has been undone by long he is our talisman I know it. ... Please tell me how to bet where to bet.. 200 bux at 34 to 1.. I'm all over it.. Serious I have no idea.

On TRT-LX2 using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll send my bank account details, you deposit $200, and when the Saints win the flag you come find me to collect your $6,800. Trust me, I'm a saints supporter

The team is chock full of confidence. Jack Steele earlier today was quoted saying we are a good side in the competition & are a chance of playing finals. But this was my favourite quote: “We’ve always been a good running group but when you look at your opponents through a game & see how gassed they are compared to you it gives you confidence”.

I’m loving the confidence & swagger this group is showing. Not arrogant but confident in their own skin & not shying away from their strengths.

I’ve also noticed that Steele has really been the guy we have been rolling out in the media a lot. He’s a good looking chap, speaks well, highly professional & confident. Loving it at the moment.
He's a dead ringer for Walter Jnr in Breaking Bad.

On FIG-LX1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another player who we under rate each week and who has improved this year in a number of areas is Shane Savage. His kicking to targets rather than bombing long has improved, he is becoming more attacking in marking duells and his pressure acts have also become more aggressive.
He's clearly fitter than he's ever been. Moving very very well at the minute is steak knives!

On FIG-LX1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

We should go into this game with no fear, it is an excellent challenge for us and it will show where we are as a team in 2019.

Adelaide have smashed us over the years and they are a great team with a dangerous forward line and some A grade mids.

That said, i think one of our strengths is our forward line which also is dangerous and our emerging midfield

The last time we defeated Adelaide they sacked their coach (from memory, its vague and long time ago, we won by over 100 points i think).

I am really looking forward to this game. Geary out is a big loss, but hopefully McKenzie slots back in (he is an underrated player as well) if not the positive with so many injuries is that white or marsh or hind might get a go.

Go Saints.

View attachment 660772Re-post for those asking above, thanks to Kildonan for providing initially. That’s our side from the weekend, and probably fairly close to our best 22? Some excellent performances from the newest guys, but look at the names in that 50-100 game middle band...
79 games per player with Geary in,

72 games per player with Geary out and McKenzie in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Could be all year... Could.

Not saying its not serious, but really?

Source?

Hey doc, what's the worst case scenario?

Doc: could be out all year if we accidentally amputate his leg.

Headline: Geary could be out for the year...
LOL Modern journalism!

The only scars I have are the mental ones inflicted by this ******* footy club..
Hah yes but whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger right?! Mind you think I nearly did die in the last minute of the drawn GF.

Someone told me with modern technology people may now live 200 years. Great, I said. Maybe if I live 200 years I may get to witness another Saints Premiership!

View attachment 660772Re-post for those asking above, thanks to Kildonan for providing initially. That’s our side from the weekend, and probably fairly close to our best 22? Some excellent performances from the newest guys, but look at the names in that 50-100 game middle band...
That 50-100 games group is why this form should be sustainable. They are the ones who have stepped up and are taking the game into their own hands.
They've completed enough pre seasons that running out a full season should be expected.

True test will start to arise for Billings going forward.
I think the crows will really clamp down on him this week and will continue through the season now.
He’s shown himself to be up to the task and our barometer. It’s up to him to continue to work and push through, and the team to support him.
I recon has messaged up for the challenge. If he steps up again these next 4 weeks he’s an AA lock.
Credit to the kid for becoming what be is becoming.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the crows will really clamp down on him this week and will continue through the season now.
He’s shown himself to be up to the task and our barometer. It’s up to him to continue to work and push through, and the team to support him.
I recon has messaged up for the challenge. If he steps up again these next 4 weeks he’s an AA lock.

He may get some more close checking, but the positive thing is that if that is the case, we have a glut of wingmen who can step up to the plate on any given day. Newnes, Sinclair, Acres for starters.

The other positive is that if Billings is being blanketed, he could easily be moved forward or back to shake the tag and get his hands on the ball to very good effect. One of the great benefits of not drafting 'pure mids' (as this forum is quite obsessed about) is that you get the advantage of versatility.

Agreed. He is going to cop a ton more of attention from here on but that will be true for the whole team. Other sides will now do more homework on us to nullify our game rather than simply playing their own.
The true test for the boys is about to come.

Win against the Dees was terrific, to win against the Crows is the real baromteter on how we are travelling..

They did have Jones try and play a negating role on the weekend for the first three quarters before they ended up giving up on the idea.

Two things will work in his favour, one is that he's clearly fitter than ever and working his arse off up and down the ground. The other as people have already pointed out is that he is able to go forward and have huge impacts on games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back