Game Day Round 6, 2020 - Brisbane Lions vs. Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tickets for club members only went on sale at 9am this morning. But the Lions allocation sold out in about 2 minutes. Contact the club for a link as maybe we will get what the Cats couldn't sell? You could try Ticketek, but I doubt it is released to general public.
Tickets are still available to Lions members.No sell out yet.

They went up at 9, came down at 9:01 because Ticketek only put up family packs, and went back up at 10 when that was corrected.

You're right that only club (and SCG, etc) members are being allowed to purchase tickets though.

This feels weird.
It does feel very weird, waking up on a Thursday Morning and seeing the game day thread up and running.
Anyway, great opportunity for the club to make a further statement on the Competition against good opposition on their home ground 🤔😂.
A hard fought win, or we blow them away? The latter would be awesome.
Go Lions 🦁

Im still not used to going into games as favourites...Im nervous. Although on paper and form...we should get up here. Neutral territory, all our mids are on form right now, Zorks back, Fagan is a strategic genius...
Danny Daly should start being included when the accolades are being handed out

I read the last page of the preview thread first up this morning ... and got to the one where they posted the highlights of the 2019 match ... but didn't see the date and thought that somehow I had missed the game and all of Thursday and today was Friday (which is normally a good thing). I mean I knew I wasn't feeling the best but I didn't think I was feeling *that* bad.

In any case on with the game on objective Thursday evening!

I know I shouldn't be but I'm a tad worried about the size and strength of Tom Hawkins and Esava Ratugolea as a duo, our up field defence must bring the pressure and not leave Darcy Gardiner one out against one of their twin towers.

Thursday Night footy! AWESOMESAUCE :D

Lions by a lot!

LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
LIONS
:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im still not used to going into games as favourites...Im nervous. Although on paper and form...we should get up here. Neutral territory, all our mids are on form right now, Zorks back, Fagan is a strategic genius...

Hey, same thoughts! Wasn't confident last week, not confident this week... but more confident after seeing the effort on the weekend when we finally put it all together. I don't think Geelong has the legs to constantly pressure like some other teams so we _should_ be ok, but historically we don't do well in prime time games.

I know I shouldn't be but I'm a tad worried about the size and strength of Tom Hawkins and Esava Ratugolea as a duo, our up field defence must bring the pressure and not leave Darcy Gardiner one out against one of their twin towers.

Hopefully we don't leave anyone one out against anyone.

I was less confident last week. Before that game we hadn't really shown last years form. With Zorko coming in I'm feeling we should win. I think it'll be close and fairly low scoring.

On goal kicking. Only 3 teams this year have kicked more goals than behinds and Fagan mentioned that will limited training time it's hard to schedule time for goal kicking.

If he's such a strategic genius why is he playing guys like Ah Chee, Burchall, McStay, Rayner, Lester... Shouldn't these guys be in the seconds. Meeh...

If he's such a strategic genius why is he playing guys like Ah Chee, Burchall, McStay, Rayner, Lester... Shouldn't these guys be in the seconds. Meeh...
Lester has been superb this season.
McStay just had one of the best games of his career.
Birchall is building nicely.
Rayner has been very good this season.
Ah Chee is jury out for me at this stage.

Major concern with our small backline. Andrews is Andrews but feel that we are one big bodied KPD less. Last year Adams did an outstanding job on Hawkins and we saw on Saturday night when you have a ‘too small’ backline when we beat Port what can happen. Major concerns with this one. Sorry for being a downer!

Lester has been superb this season.
McStay just had one of the best games of his career.
Birchall is building nicely.
Rayner has been very good this season.
Ah Chee is jury out for me at this stage.

That'sthejoke.gif

Major concern with our small backline. Andrews is Andrews but feel that we are one big bodied KPD less. Last year Adams did an outstanding job on Hawkins and we saw on Saturday night when you have a ‘too small’ backline when we beat Port what can happen. Major concerns with this one. Sorry for being a downer!

Lester to kick 6 after swapping positions with McStay!

Esava is a big boy but doesn't play it as much as he could because he doesn't consistently attack the ball at its highest point. Gardiner can take him IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back