Preview Round 6, 2020: Collingwood v Hawthorn, 10 July 2020, 7.50pm @ Giants Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m happy for Ceglar to ruck if McEvoy plays deep forward and provides occasional support. He looked our most dangerous contested mark.

Yes agreed. This has worked pretty well the last few years. Plus this week the Pies have no real KPFs to speak of. No need for McEvoy back there

I’m happy for Ceglar to ruck if McEvoy plays deep forward and provides occasional support. He looked our most dangerous contested mark.

Haven't we looked best with Big Boy & Ceglar rotating through ruck / forward line and bench?

I know all that stuff about prolonging McEvoy's career, by not playing in the ruck... but you go where you are needed. And he is needed in the ruck!

Henderson and Scully are done both can’t tackle to save their life. Finn needs to come in for one of them.
I think Henderson is a good hard tackler actually, but he hasn't been at his best this year. Glass a decent shot if Clarko asks Andy Otten for a recommendation, but any changes likely to come from those who just missed the cut: Harry Morrison, James Cousins, Oliver Hanrahan, Jon Patton

I'd say that Patton and Morrison get the nod (if there's a backline opening).

Haven't we looked best with Big Boy & Ceglar rotating through ruck / forward line and bench?

I know all that stuff about prolonging McEvoy's career, by not playing in the ruck... but you go where you are needed. And he is needed in the ruck!

It's been a while since we went with that setup. McEvoy got injured sometime last year (think Round 12 or 13?) and we solo rucked Ceglar. Then McEvoy came back and we played him as a defender for the remaining games. And we've persisted for 5 rounds this year. Clarko doesn't seem to want that setup which is weird because it was a staple of our side for so long.

I'm honestly failing to see what he brings to the team ever since he came in last year . Endurance, yes, but not a hell of a lot else on offer.
I'll probably be shot down here, but what about Tom Scully having a rest? 12 possessions against the Tigers, 10 touches against North and 11 tonight. Doesn't get enough footy or tackle hard enough.

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Morrison for Scrim (hopefully CJ but will probs be Harry)
Patton for Lewis
Finn for Shiels

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We all should know by know clarko will only make the 2 changes cause of injury. Lewis and scrimmers out even tho Puopolo ceglar O’Brien Henderson should be out too the passengers

I would like to see this occur but won’t happen-

Out-Scrimshaw Lewis Shiels injured
Scully O’Brien Puopolo Ceglar Dropped

In- Patton Cousins Glass Finn and reverse raffle the next 3 to come in as some entertainment in the hub .

3 wins banked from 5 now needing 7 or 8 from 12 with 5 of those from the current top 8 and 7 outside. Next two are outside the 8. Obviously need 2 wins from every 3, not win one lose one. Not impossible

Patton for ML
Finn for Scrimmers
Theres plenty more that could be done but we all know it won’t be ...
On the clock ...
pop
Cegs
Henderson
TO
Won't happen but how many games like tonight does burgers have before he gets the tap.
Sorry but should also say he has earned the right for a couple of bad ones but how many?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back