Preview Round 6, 2020: Collingwood v Hawthorn, 10 July 2020, 7.50pm @ Giants Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
Selection committee can GAGF ! Harry out for Morrison. Poor form from the club, did well in his debut and deserved a bit of continuity.

So the love child Morrison is back in and TOB holds his spot, both will be lucky to have possessions between them

Doesn't seem right. Neither are up to it. Hopefully Morrison shows some of that debut season form though.

Jones out ?! Speechless...

Morrison in ?! Even more speechless...
Wait..what? The world has gone mad.

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

MJA33

All Australian
Aug 19, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jones out ?! Speechless...

Morrison in ?! Even more speechless...
I think this is the main issue, I wouldn’t be as pissed they dropped or rested or omitted Jones if Finn or Cousins came in. Morrison does not make our team or midfield any better.

hamohawk1

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Can't believe TOB has been left in, here are his stats since the commencement of the season.

Screen Shot 2020-07-09 at 6.42.36 pm.png

I'd cop that off a 1-2 year player, or a defender. But you cannot tell me these numbers justify not playing someone younger/ different. Players like this aren't taking you to a flag.

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jones will play. Will be a late out and I’m expecting either Shiels or Henderson.

Scully under the pump. He needs to get a kick and get involved. People saying he does a lot of running is great if he is getting somewhere near the pill, but not sticking tackles and turning the ball over with sloppy disposal ain’t going to cut it under Clarko.

Let’s hope we actually move the ball and look like we have some urgency to play the game tomorrow PLEASE 🤞

I hope only the 5 day break was why Harry was dropped - hopefully back next week

best of luck to the young blokes on debut
Yep, that's how I read it. Would have probably kept his spot if it was a full week between games.

At least we can look forward to the Jones boy and Finn as inclusions next week, sadly at the expense of Day and Morris regardless of how they go. :oops:

HawkVan

Cancelled
Jun 12, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
With the AFL flagging games will be coming thick and fast, with a number of five days breaks, I think we might be keeping our ink dry with Jones. He should get a good run at it in the midfield as Mitchell will definitely be rested coming back from an ACL, and you'd think all of O'Meara, Worpel and Shiels might have to be rested at some point too.

Clarko has already flagged a number of changes on five day breaks. It's looking a bit more of EPL in how you manage your squad on quick turnarounds.

If we can't win it, we should just pump games into the kids on our list and see what we have for 2021 onwards.

JaegarTime

Team Captain
Jul 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jones will play. Will be a late out and I’m expecting either Shiels or Henderson.

Scully under the pump. He needs to get a kick and get involved. People saying he does a lot of running is great if he is getting somewhere near the pill, but not sticking tackles and turning the ball over with sloppy disposal ain’t going to cut it under Clarko.

Let’s hope we actually move the ball and look like we have some urgency to play the game tomorrow PLEASE 🤞
He isn’t an emergency so won’t play unfortunately

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The afl have signalled they want to complete round 12 within 32 days at an average of 4.5 days per match. We are going to be rotating players through the side and clarko won t want to lose too much experience (and training age) from the side from week to week. So expect the kids in and out and for morrison to fill gaps as he clearly has a strong understanding of the game plan and can play a role even if he isn’t in the best 22.

Last edited:

Lickmesocks

Premiership Player
Oct 2, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
200 mms of rain heading towards Sydney early next week.

The boys better enjoy their last few days in Coogee paradise.

Bumps"N"Grins

Premiership Player
Oct 15, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Sell the team Dolan
Come on guys let's get around the selected side.
I'm sure Jones wasn't dropped to spite ourselves, remember Morrison did play a nice game against Brisbane round one.
I've got my knocks on some players but there's too much doom and gloom around without having bag out players before the ball has been bounced.
Time to get around them all, we are Hawthorn.

Makes sense in a way resting Silk, although he could be parked at FF and dob in a few. Happy to see Day get a call up, future champ in my view.

Unsure about Jones missing out. Might need some fast turnarounds in coming weeks though...

Sent by shoephone via Tapatoe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back