Preview Round 6, 2020: Collingwood v Hawthorn, 10 July 2020, 7.50pm @ Giants Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 10, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
ROUND 6 TEAM
Collingwood v Hawthorn
GIANTS Stadium
Friday 10 July, 7.50pm

B: Sam Frost, James Frawley, Ben Stratton
HB: James Sicily, Ben McEvoy, Blake Hardwick
C: Ricky Henderson, James Worpel, Tom Scully
HF: Isaac Smith, Tim O’Brien, Chad Wingard
F: Paul Puopolo, Jon Patton, Jack Gunston
R: Jon Ceglar, Liam Shiels, Tom Mitchell
INT: Will Day, Jaeger O'Meara, Harry Morrison, Josh Morris

IN: Will Day, Josh Morris, Jon Patton, Harry Morrison

OUT: Mitch Lewis (hamstring), Jack Scrimshaw (ankle), Shaun Burgoyne (rested), Harry Jones (omitted)

Clearly Frost's lack of scoreboard impact has seen him moved to defence.

Oct 3, 2006
Manchester
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
EPL
Any chance of reading the B side of this broken record?

Yeh what would we know. Im sure Timmy will have his break out game soon enough... Prove us wrong than Tim. Actually takes some marks and try for first time this year to make double digit possessions. Harry is as vanilla flavoured as you can get and he consistently shirks a contest. Don’t like bagging our players but enough is enough. I too have been a long time supporters of both players but we now what they are and and they just don’t cut the mustard at their respective positions.

What is the point of bringing Morrison in when surely he is just keeping the seat warm for Impeys pending return??

The excitement of Morris and Day debuting has been dampened by the above two players getting a game and Jones being dropped and not even named as an emergency. Can’t recall ever being this disappointed in team selections..

Hot Diggity

All Australian
Jun 19, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jones will play. Will be a late out and I’m expecting either Shiels or Henderson.

Scully under the pump. He needs to get a kick and get involved. People saying he does a lot of running is great if he is getting somewhere near the pill, but not sticking tackles and turning the ball over with sloppy disposal ain’t going to cut it under Clarko.

Let’s hope we actually move the ball and look like we have some urgency to play the game tomorrow PLEASE 🤞
From the moment he walked into the place Scully has looked like a bloke who doesn't want to be there.

HAWKSBESTEVA

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Yeh what would we know. Im sure Timmy will have his break out game soon enough... Prove us wrong than Tim. Actually takes some marks and try for first time this year to make double digit possessions. Harry is as vanilla flavoured as you can get and he consistently shirks a contest. Don’t like bagging our players but enough is enough. I too have been a long time supporters of both players but we now what they are and and they just don’t cut the mustard at their respective positions.

What is the point of bringing Morrison in when surely he is just keeping the seat warm for Impeys pending return??

The excitement of Morris and Day debuting has been dampened by the above two players getting a game and Jones being dropped and not even named as an emergency. Can’t recall ever being this disappointed in team selections..
No no no Timmy averages pressure acts and almost marks balls , VITAL for our team 🤣

Jan 17, 2008
Brisvegas
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Have you ever considered trying to understand why a player is selected instead of just complaining about it? Could be worth a shot 👍

rei154

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
No no no Timmy averages pressure acts and almost marks balls , VITAL for our team 🤣
Mate it's not about pressure acts for him. If you've not noticed Timmy runs his defender all over the park, whilst often dragging one or two more with him. This generates space and creates gaps in the defense. Name one player on our list who has the same tank and ability to fly for the ball as often as TOB?
If you have a look at our North/Richmond game, TOB goes up against two, ball hits the deck, one of ours are waiting for the spillage and it then goes forward for a score. Would it be better for him to clunk em? Probably, but our game plan works well with him in it doing what he's doing.
You're more than welcome to find someone on our list who plays his role better though- in fact I'd love to hear it.

madhawksfan

Premiership Player
May 12, 2010
Canberra
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Excited to see Day and Morris get a run. Miffed about Jones being dropped. Thought he was more than serviceable on debut. Hard to believe he was worse than some others who held their spots.

Hopefully Patto can clunk a grab and create some spillages.

Going to be tough against a desperate Pies but at least they are missing some top end talent.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
Wow this place is brutal. Excited to see the kids debut! We'll probably be seeing more fringe faces with the packed schedule.

Morrison is only 21 and provides something different to Jones. Hope he does well. Just quietly I think some are over-stating Jones' game. He was tidy but it was an 11 touch game with a fair bit of time at stoppages. He'll need to learn how to operate with Mitchell, O'Meara and Worpell throwing themselves at the ball when that's been his domain at BH.

If the breaks were even I'd back us but 7 days Vs 5 after a physical game means I'm not confident.

Oct 27, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Atlanta Braves, Falcons, Everton
has to be one of those otherwise doesn't make sense — anyway i'm sure we'll see him again soon enough
d - The schedule of games is being compressed and Clarko is trying to find a balance of blooding the new kids and resting the old warriors. When was the last time we had 2 new kids debut in the same game? I can't think of any since Rioli and Stokes round 1, 2008.

He will be back in the team before the team returns to Melbourne. Bookmark it.

HAWKSBESTEVA

Club Legend
Jun 14, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Mate it's not about pressure acts for him. If you've not noticed Timmy runs his defender all over the park, whilst often dragging one or two more with him. This generates space and creates gaps in the defense. Name one player on our list who has the same tank and ability to fly for the ball as often as TOB?
If you have a look at our North/Richmond game, TOB goes up against two, ball hits the deck, one of ours are waiting for the spillage and it then goes forward for a score. Would it be better for him to clunk em? Probably, but our game plan works well with him in it doing what he's doing.
You're more than welcome to find someone on our list who plays his role better though- in fact I'd love to hear it.
He more then often just spoils Gunston and Patton when they go up for a mark, just because he jumps at every ball doesn’t mean he deserves a spot. He simply doesn’t do enough and that’s been the case throughout his whole career. 4.2 kicks a game 0.8 goals a game and only taken 2 contested marks for the whole season is why he doesn’t deserve his spot

Jun 11, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
GSW

wouldn't bother man, same people bagging same players, same old s**t

you know, you could just say 'i disagree with this selection for x reason but as a Hawthorn supporter i hope x player proves me wrong' but of course it has to be personal attacks and ridicule

not doing a whole lot of supporting...

Spursfan

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
Wish they went with michington or cousins instead of Morrison, Morrison is vanilla snd doesn’t really play a part in this side

TBH I don't see any of these 3 being best 22 going forward. Happy to be proven wrong of course. I'm hopeful Jones/Day/Finn/Morris show some more potential

Mar 26, 2011
Where kookaburras chuckle.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
LA Lakers
You don't win four premierships in your lifetime without nous. But I do believe Al needs to bring Luke Hodge back to the club. He's our modern day John Kennedy and we need him back...and not with Brisbane. He's the driver. The cream was Rioli and a once in the lifetime...but we have Wingard now and he is also a once in the life time if we all truly embrace him. If so...another premiership will be on our doorstep. A team is nothing without inspiration...we're not playing like that at the moment.

Absolute joke we’re going to be 2 players down with Morrison and O’Brien in the team.

There's a way of expressing yourself that isn't unneccesarily insulting and demeaning of our players. Please try to find it, and soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back