Friday, July 10
Collingwood v Hawthorn (GS) (N)

Saturday, July 11
Fremantle v St Kilda (MS)
West Coast v Adelaide (G)
Melbourne v Gold Coast (GS) (N)
Essendon v North Melbourne (MS) (N)

Sunday, July 12
Port Adelaide v Greater Western Sydney (MS)
Richmond v Sydney (G)
Carlton v Western Bulldogs (MS) (N)

Round 6 thread ?
i wonder if geelong will wear blue shorts tonight thus making brisbane introduce white via shorts?
Always. Brisbane would still be in their "Fitzroy" tops which don't have red shorts.

Really hoping for Geelong home/white and us home/home. Or at least Geelong home/navy and us home/white. Feel like we will wear the red even though we aren't playing in Victoria.
Red is worn vs Hawthorn in Launceston so I assume it's "away vs Vic teams".

Sponsorship logos have dictated Brisbane have to wear Red or white jumpers in away games, not sure if their sponsors are swapping this year for home and away or not, if they are then Geelong will have to be in Navy Shorts and Brisbane in Red with White Shorts

Red is worn vs Hawthorn in Launceston so I assume it's "away vs Vic teams".
It’s also worn away against West Coast, Fremantle and Port Adelaide when they could probably just wear their home (or the white clash), so i do expect them to wear it tonight as it’s an away game.

Not sure on the correct term but all logos on field are added through the broadcast. Behind the goals camera showing no logos on field

Not sure on the correct term but all logos on field are added through the broadcast. Behind the goals camera showing no logos on field
Yet they still make the Premiership logo so flat, go figure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane in blue shorts would work.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Looks like they hadn't bothered (or didn't have the chance?) to repaint the logos on the ground. You could see faded remnants of the Rebel logo in each goalsquare.
Are there any NRL games scheduled at the SCG this weekend? Only reason why they wouldn’t paint the logos...

No NRL games at SCG this weekend, but the Roosters have a game there next Thursday.

Speaking of NRL, the Warriors strip tonight is a contender for worst footy jersey of all time.
20200710_191954.jpg

More predictable white shorts from the Hawks. Although in this case I wouldn't advocate for the alternative (Pies in dark/light vs Hawks in light/dark). The problem is Hawthorn's mismatched home kit, and also the fact that white shorts are turned to as a default even though there is no need to introduce white.

I also don't think shorts matter as near as much in preventing a clash in footy as they do in other sports like soccer. I would have no issue with both sides in dark shorts tonight. The 2002 and 2003 grand finals are a great example of how it can work with no issue.

More predictable white shorts from the Hawks. Although in this case I wouldn't advocate for the alternative (Pies in dark/light vs Hawks in light/dark). The problem is Hawthorn's mismatched home kit, and also the fact that white shorts are turned to as a default even though there is no need to introduce white.
The problem is Hawthorn don't have gold shorts.

Are there any NRL games scheduled at the SCG this weekend? Only reason why they wouldn’t paint the logos...
Roosters are coming back + Waratahs are be semi perminant from tomorrow night

Better than adding the oppo's colour to your kit.
Yet last week everyone is asking for the Hawks to wear a white clash? Make up your minds people!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back