Friday, July 10
Collingwood v Hawthorn (GS) (N)

Saturday, July 11
Fremantle v St Kilda (MS)
West Coast v Adelaide (G)
Melbourne v Gold Coast (GS) (N)
Essendon v North Melbourne (MS) (N)

Sunday, July 12
Port Adelaide v Greater Western Sydney (MS)
Richmond v Sydney (G)
Carlton v Western Bulldogs (MS) (N)

Yet last week everyone is asking for the Hawks to wear a white clash? Make up your minds people!
Neither of Hawthorn's two club colours (gold and brown) provide adequate contrast vs GWS' charcoal and orange. The gold clashes, the brown clashes. That's the full list of Hawthorn club colours, and the entire list clashes. So a non-club colour is required. It could have been fluro-blue, it didn't have to be white.

This week we're calling for the same process to be used. Use club colours first where possible. Hawthorn can't wear brown shorts vs Collingwood's black kit, so what's the other club colour they have (which also happens to be the main colour of their tops)? Gold.

There are situations where non-club colours are required. But don't go past other club colours to get there.

There's been no changing of minds here.

Do they swap front/back sponsors for home/away? If they do, did they for the away Showdown?
Nah, Toyota always on the front and Optus on the back. It’s one of those ones where it isn’t a clash in Adelaide but it is in Perth (or Brisbane)

Neither of Hawthorn's two club colours (gold and brown) provide adequate contrast vs GWS' charcoal and orange. The gold clashes, the brown clashes. That's the full list of Hawthorn club colours, and the entire list clashes. So a non-club colour is required. It could have been fluro-blue, it didn't have to be white.

This week we're calling for the same process to be used. Use club colours first where possible. Hawthorn can't wear brown shorts vs Collingwood's black kit, so what's the other club colour they have (which also happens to be the main colour of their tops)? Gold.

There are situations where non-club colours are required. But don't go past other club colours to get there.

There's been no changing of minds here.
The Hawks and Giants colours don't actually clash as bad as you think they do.

The Hawks and Giants colours don't actually clash as bad as you think they do.
Granted it was better than I expected but I was surprised how much "airtime" the matchup got online as a "how come Hawthorn aren't wearing a clash top?" issue.

Is this the first time the Coles logo is painted on? Looks oddly proportioned...
It's been painted on most games. At the Gabba this weekend (unsure about other weekends) its been CGI. SCG was CGI as was bushfire game. When it's painted it's only in the 3m circle.

The white shorts lightens things. Full navy vs full royal wouldn't be enough contrast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coles logo isn't that bad, at least it is small and not a massive eyesore like this over in the MLS at the moment:
d2006ad0-c2c5-11ea-b97f-d8db72e5338f

Canterbury have done an awful job here. The stripes are so low they only take up a 6th of the jumper, there's a massive gap between the 35 and the sponsor and then you have one of the stripes cut off even more for a pointless club logo in an awkward position.
Screenshot_20200713-112449.png

Canterbury have done an awful job here. The stripes are so low they only take up a 6th of the jumper, there's a massive gap between the 35 and the sponsor and then you have one of the stripes cut off even more for a pointless club logo in an awkward position.
View attachment 911417
I was happy to hear North would be back in the blue on white. Until i saw how badly it’s been butchered.

Obnoxiously large pin stripes
Blue number instead of black
Grey outline around number
Pointless club logo on back
Cutoff stripes for sponsors/Canterbury on the front

It's awful.

Obnoxiously large pin stripes
Blue number instead of black
Grey outline around number
Pointless club logo on back
Cutoff stripes for sponsors/Canterbury on the front

It's awful.
I like the blue numbers (not the grey outline though). I don't know why it took the club so long to use them. I agree with everything else though. Canterbury have never done a good job with North's jumpers. Even their collar is an awkward shape and way too thin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back