Preview Round 6, 2020 vs GWS @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

The Power squad will take a three-hour flight to the Gold Coast on game day, with players and staff to assemble at their Alberton base at 5.30am Adelaide time.

Port play Sunday’s early game – a 1.05pm AEST kick-off against GWS – and will then fly back to Adelaide after the Metricon Stadium fixture.

5:30am meetup at the club meaning the players will be getting out of bed at 4-4:30am
3 hour flight for a 1pm game
Its so good of the AFL to dump this on a side, and they probably throw in that North did it travelling to Sydney in Round 2.

Ignoring that for North it was a shorter flight and there isn't a also a 30 minute time zone difference impacting the travel arrangements.

Good teams don't lose 2 in a row.
That will answer the "Are we good yet" question.

Can we bounce back, or are we going to hop into the negativity death spiral.
I have no idea. ........

Plan B and Plan C need to be sitting there in sealed envelopes ready to go.
If the Giants kick 2 in a row, then break the seal and go to Plan B.

What is this plan B and plan C that you speak of ?
And is Hinkley aware of this innovative concept ?
Could someone send him an email, STAT.

They are doing everything to get us off the top of the ladder.
Just makes me want to be there even more.

The early morning wakeup will be to our advantage, the players will be just that little bit tired and will drop any concerns and just play the game hard.

Port by 36 points.

So, we haven’t beaten GWS since 2015, with 3 losses at Adelaide Oval and 2 in Canberra.

Despite the game being held at neither of those venues, you feel like we’d need a lot to go right to break that streak.

I'm not an expert (obviously) but I think sleep is more important for recovery than the game itself. Plenty of people struggle to sleep before big games across a variety of sports and still manage to perform.
On this, I used to compete for my life saving club. Every second weekend in winter we were up 4am for the 3 hour drive to Portland or Woodside beach for a Sunday carnival.

On the beach by 7, racing by 9. I don't think lack of sleep ever had much of an impact one the gun went. ******* 8 degree water saw to that I guess.

Driving home in a warm car afterwards though...

I'm not an expert (obviously) but I think sleep is more important for recovery than the game itself. Plenty of people struggle to sleep before big games across a variety of sports and still manage to perform.
Play "lift" music thru headphones to get some sleep on the plane, and have an early night Saturday too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL taking this FIFO thing to the next level. This should be standard for all clubs playing at Adelaide Oval too unless the team is in a hub here. The season is already so compromised, some things such as travel should be on an equal footing.

They are doing everything to get us off the top of the ladder.
Just makes me want to be there even more.

The early morning wakeup will be to our advantage, the players will be just that little bit tired and will drop any concerns and just play the game hard.

Port by 36 points.

Barring some 119 loss, I don’t believe we will lose top spot mathematically, by the end of this round either

I wonder if any of our players watched the Brisbane v. Geelong game tonight. Probably not.
Brissy not that great against a side with a bit of size, toughness and professionalism eh? Just shows how totally pissweak we were last week.
could also have something to do with Brisbane playing away from home for the first time in a month too

As always through the Hinkley era this is a must win game, something to show we are the real deal, something to show we have changed

GWS by 24
Yea after leading by as much as 40+ when the game’s still got heat in it only for a few late ones and Kern to wallpaper over he cracks again

watching the Geelong senior players say to themselves enough is enough and then go to the Brions “open wide baby here it comes” last night reminded me of what port used to be and what we aren’t anymore 😟

So, we haven’t beaten GWS since 2015, with 3 losses at Adelaide Oval and 2 in Canberra.

Despite the game being held at neither of those venues, you feel like we’d need a lot to go right to break that streak.
Todd Marshall - mr 95% win rate - didn't play in those other games. We'll be fine.

I'm predicting a worst on ground performance from Nick Haynes.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back