Review Round 6, 2020 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Compare the pair;

2nd Qtr v Brisbane Centre clearances Port 1 v Bris 5, all clearances 7 v 12, scores Port 1.1 v Bris 6.6, I50 5 v 18.

4th Qtr v GWS Centre clearances Port 5 v GWS 1, all clearances 13 v 4, scores Port 4.3 v Bris 2.1, I50 17 v 5.
This is the critical point.
And against Carlton next week??

Amon, Burton, Houston, Duursma, Butters, Farrell. Over the past 2-3 years we keep adding great users of the footy to the best 22. Just gotta lose the flog in the box and we're looking good.

I just love it that at such a critical point in such a big match, a player with less than 20 games made up his mind to run from 20-30m behind Butters, to call for the handball, and to take on the responsibility. The execution was perfect, but the intent was brilliant. GWS never saw it coming.

Loved the goal Amon kicked on his right foot , that was a very classy kick fora left footer .
Also loved the run and bounce and carry from SPP .
Like Farrell working back Into defence to ru it out with his good delivery .
you have to hand it to list management really . We needed rucks , look at us now and we needed good kicks , look at us now .
Nowan All Australian mid and 30 more games into Marshall

I just love it that at such a critical point in such a big match, a player with less than 20 games made up his mind to run from 20-30m behind Butters, to call for the handball, and to take on the responsibility. The execution was perfect, but the intent was brilliant. GWS never saw it coming.
I wonder if it was a set play? Burton ran past Butters a few seconds before on his right which could have been a dummy run catching the GWS defenders off guard.

How does Jeremy Cameron get away with kicking a set shot in the third with blood streaming from his nose?

How does Jeremy Cameron get away with kicking a set shot in the third with blood streaming from his nose?
Then when Port are on the rebound a couple of minutes later runs straight up to an umpire to slow the game down.

Umpires need to have better game sense than that.

We need to drop Westhoff for Georgiadas.
Why? Last 2 weeks delivery to forwards has been terrible. Too flexible a player to drop, 3 tall forwards may not work every week, but Hoff can ruck, play back, wing. He ain’t getting dropped and as much as we would all love to see Georgie he will just have to bide his time like most young players do, with no SANFL it is even harder to bring untried talent into side.

That he's got the confidence to back his raw talent and do that is a credit to the coaches *ducks head*

Can you imagine the rush of pure joy he would have had post-game being interviewed for his near BOG. Stoked for him, and as a former fixture on the emergency list hopefully a source of inspiration for teammates patiently waiting for their own run at it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No doubt our defense played better the midfield mix working better obviously helped them with the ball not getting down there with ease like the previous week.. I'd still like to see Watts down there at some point for added height & classy ball use.

Wines had some ordinary moments but he certainly moves better than Rocky I'd back him in from here & I think he'll tidy up his ball use at least by hand.

No doubt our defense played better the midfield mix working better obviously helped them with the ball not getting down there with ease like the previous week.. I'd still like to see Watts down there at some point for added height & classy ball use.

Wines had some ordinary moments but he certainly moves better than Rocky I'd back him in from here & I think he'll tidy up his ball use at least by hand.

Just tell him to practice handballing 2 feet above teammates heads. With his current execution it'll hit them on the chest.

Why? Last 2 weeks delivery to forwards has been terrible. Too flexible a player to drop, 3 tall forwards may not work every week, but Hoff can ruck, play back, wing. He ain’t getting dropped and as much as we would all love to see Georgie he will just have to bide his time like most young players do, with no SANFL it is even harder to bring untried talent into side.
Have you seen us play with only two key forwards? I still have nightmares about Sam Gray being a KPD. Let alone what being 1 of 2 talls will do for Marshalls performance.

Westhoff being picked on versatility despite having no impact on the contest isn't good selection. He isn't peak Adam Hunter. If you're out of form, you get dropped.

Great writeup of the game and you can tell that they actually watched the game instead of pulling out the tired cliches you may see in other publications.

Fantastic result against a top team, even if the game itself was an arm-wrestle throughout. Really neutralised the strengths of the Giants for the majority of the game.
Listening to media this morning we are apparently playing another top team this coming weekend.
I am sure the AFL and umps will want their Carlton dream being kept alive 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Back