Review Round 6, 2020 vs GWS

Remove this Banner Ad

That was a very good win against a very good side!

I thought we were excellent for the first two quarters, and should have gone into the break with a bigger lead. Yes it wasn't pretty, but it was very good effective team defence against a quality opponent. Also considering that Westhoff was best on ground....... For GWS!

Third quarter we looked a mess! But to our credit, ground it out and managed to hold them. Then great last quarter to finish the game off.

Looks like the Sutcliffe question is moot as he while he recovers, Georiades, Duursma, and potentially a few other lads will move ahead of him.

I think Ladhams in for WestHoff, and Duursma/Georgiades replaces Sutcliffe next week.

Yeah mate - we certainly can't get carried away. But in a 17 round season, 5 or 6 more wins from here should guarantee top 4, and from there, who knows? But for now, let's focus on Carlton.

I was thinking probably 9 wins in such an even competition to make the 8. So 12 wins will be top 4 for sure.

Banking early wins in a hub is massive bonus. Especially considering Port should get the likes of Geelong and Collingwood at AO.

Bit annoyed none of the boys flew the flag after this. Weak as piss act.
Really? Have a look again and see what our boys are doing. GWS ball, so all the Port players are off and running out to positions, most with there backs turned. Anyone running back to defend Marshal is an idiot, and should be castigated. Play the game! I am sure Marshall, and anyone that saw it, would have noted that players name down for later!

Really? Have a look again and see what our boys are doing. GWS ball, so all the Port players are off and running out to positions, most with there backs turned. Anyone running back to defend Marshal is an idiot, and should be castigated. Play the game! I am sure Marshall, and anyone that saw it, would have noted that players name down for later!

Ehh - fair call

Let's not forget our lads were at Alberton at 5am this morning to make the flight up. Have played one game at home all year.

Could have been excused for not turning up or challenging this year instead are 5-1, clear on top.

Victorian clubs bitch and moan about this.

We, on the other hand, just get on with it and go out there and win.

Farrell didn't record his career best game according to the algorithm. Which game would be better? The day he kicked 4 against Freo from 6 kicks and we lost? Sometimes I wonder the worth of Player Ratings.

1594544573781.png

Victorian clubs b*tch and moan about this.

We, on the other hand, just get on with it and go out there and win.
We've all but done the hard yards on the road now - hopefully by the time teams like Collingwood and Geelong play Port in Adelaide, they'll be a little jaded after being on the road for several weeks (Collingwood players suffer nose bleeds when they have to travel as far as Marvel Stadium :).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not happening with the current interpretation
I don’t see how the interpretation can be anything but careless, high contact and low impact.
It certainly wasn’t deliberate and off the ball so it can’t be intentional, and perryman played the rest of the game with no concussion so it has to be low impact. Anything else and they are judging it on the look not the outcome which they have not done in the past.

There is no way a professional umpire could ignore that and not pay Marshall a free for high contact.

Just one of many blatant acts of thuggery from the Giants that went unwhistled.

Farrell didn't record his career best game according to the algorithm. Which game would be better? The day he kicked 4 against Freo from 6 kicks and we lost? Sometimes I wonder the worth of Player Ratings.

View attachment 911021
Possibly the showdown when he kicked 3 first qtr goals? Regardless today clearly his best game. Looking forward to seeing if he's hungry to back it up or rest on 1 good performance .

4th best career game aparently.

Career best was R9, 2019 vs Gold Coast.

“most uncharacteristic from Alex Rance”

Rance was a sniper.

Hitting somebody from the front would have been uncharacteristic for Rance. Hitting someone from behind is perfectly in character.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back