Discussion Round 6, 2021 (Anzac Round) - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday, April 23
Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs (MO) (N)

Saturday, April 24
Geelong v West Coast (GMHBA)
Gold Coast v Sydney (MS)
Carlton v Brisbane Lions (MRVL) (T)
Melbourne v Richmond (MCG) (N)
Fremantle vs North Melbourne (OS) (N)

Sunday, April 25
Hawthorn v Adelaide (UTAS)
Collingwood v Essendon (MCG)
Port Adelaide v St Kilda (AO) (N)

While we're on big 4 clubs, does anybody think that a royal blue clash for Carlton (like Melbourne) would look nice. It'd look more traditional than white clash, which they aren't too fond on wearing.
Sky Blue like the 1990s mnm jumper
1618924902549.png

Reminder to never enter the herald sun comments section (on anything, for that matter).

“get a colour tv”... “white shorts will make all the difference”... these are the types that abhor any sort of change despite when it is demonstrably better for so many people other than themselves

It’s just nuts. But hey they are herald sun readers.
Just the sheer lack of idea by the AFL is crazy

That doesn't answer my question
The red clask kit is being used and is the same as last year. No, the red kit will not be worn on Sunday as essendon and Collingwood aren't considered a clash, never has been. It is seen as fine because Collingwood have a kit that is essential 50/50 black and white; the Collingwood ANZAC kit for 2021 is a lotore black then previous kits.

The red clask kit is being used and is the same as last year. No, the red kit will not be worn on Sunday as essendon and Collingwood aren't considered a clash, never has been. It is seen as fine because Collingwood have a kit that is essential 50/50 black and white; the Collingwood ANZAC kit for 2021 is a lotore black then previous kits.
I'm well aware that Essendon won't wear their red kit on Sunday but if you think for one second that black doesn't clash with black, I would suggest booking an eye test. Sunday is going to be a terrible viewing experience. Hopefully the AFL community learns something from it.

View attachment 1108395
really don’t think it’ll be much worse than this

also the Anzac jumper is more red than our usual home kit.
That's the thing.

It's passable, sure. Is there a better option available though? Yes.

It shouldn't be a case of 'it won't be that bad', it should be a case of 'lets provide as much contrast as we can'

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood vs Essendon hasn’t been an issue before, I don’t really understand everyone is making a big fuss about it all of a sudden. I get that the clash could be better, but the fact that most people who are being critical have never cared before irks me

Collingwood vs Essendon hasn’t been an issue before, I don’t really understand everyone is making a big fuss about it all of a sudden. I get that the clash could be better, but the fact that most people who are being critical have never cared before irks me
It’s because it the jumper that Collingwood is wearing is darker than their usual home as it includes less white

It’s because it the jumper that Collingwood is wearing is darker than their usual home as it includes less white
Given Essendon are wearing white shorts, it probably makes no difference how much white Collingwood have

View attachment 1108780
Crows wearing red guernsey this round

Should've been navy collar and cuffs like the SANFL side 😔

Adelaide - SANFL

Last edited:
Yeah not sure whats wrong with navy. AFL must think its a clash, but then they have no issue with Collingwood/Essendon this week. Typical...
I'd say it'd be the Crows' doing. Something about upholding the inviolable sanctity of the home guernsey... and if they happen to sell a few new jumpers in the process, then 'hey!'.

Last edited:
View attachment 1108780
Crows wearing red guernsey this round

Fantastic stuff! Though they’ve changed the order of the hoops which annoys me greatly. Should always be in the blue-red-gold pattern, and they’ve got it right for the SANFL kit.

I quite like the gold collar and cuffs. Actually think the regular gold jumper would look better with red collar/cuffs/number instead of navy too.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back