Discussion Round 6, 2021 (Anzac Round) - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday, April 23
Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs (MO) (N)

Saturday, April 24
Geelong v West Coast (GMHBA)
Gold Coast v Sydney (MS)
Carlton v Brisbane Lions (MRVL) (T)
Melbourne v Richmond (MCG) (N)
Fremantle vs North Melbourne (OS) (N)

Sunday, April 25
Hawthorn v Adelaide (UTAS)
Collingwood v Essendon (MCG)
Port Adelaide v St Kilda (AO) (N)

Because they didn't want to wear white shorts.
And for anyone reading who thinks this is a bit of an assumption, the club tweeted it was the reason

And for anyone reading who thinks this is a bit of an assumption, the club tweeted it was the reason
And to further elaborate, they also insinuated that their supporters were stupid because they said they didn't want to be seen as the away team.

And to further elaborate, they also insinuated that their supporters were stupid because they said they didn't want to be seen as the away team.
I forgot about that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah this jumper actually doesn’t help the clash at all. Still a mess of light and dark. Sounded good in theory but not great in practice.

Either Crows in full home with Hawks in white shorts regardless of whose home game it is, or we need a white jumper just for this game.

I know that understandably white clash guernsey's are much maligned, and I completely agree, but this might be one of the match ups that could benefit from it.

Did you actually have a problem with Hawks in gold/brown and Crows in navy/white, Red Crow?

(Not having a go; I'm just curious as to how others interpret degrees of clashes.)

My problem with that setup is you end up with a mix of light and dark as well as a heap of mutual gold. The gold on our home really pops against the navy, so against Hawthorn’s jumper theres just a lot of gold going on.

Crows in home/white is probably pretty similar to today, you’d just be trying to focus on the white shorts as the differentiator.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back