Discussion Round 6, 2021 (Anzac Round) - Photos and Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Friday, April 23
Greater Western Sydney v Western Bulldogs (MO) (N)

Saturday, April 24
Geelong v West Coast (GMHBA)
Gold Coast v Sydney (MS)
Carlton v Brisbane Lions (MRVL) (T)
Melbourne v Richmond (MCG) (N)
Fremantle vs North Melbourne (OS) (N)

Sunday, April 25
Hawthorn v Adelaide (UTAS)
Collingwood v Essendon (MCG)
Port Adelaide v St Kilda (AO) (N)

“ Secure your piece of history with this Commemorative Guernsey, made right here in Melbourne and support the RSL's ANZAC Appeal with a portion of profits being donated. “
Portion of profits? So they're going to keep some of the profits what a bunch of mongrels.

Fantastic stuff! Though they’ve changed the order of the hoops which annoys me greatly. Should always be in the blue-red-gold pattern, and they’ve got it right for the SANFL kit.

I quite like the gold collar and cuffs. Actually think the regular gold jumper would look better with red collar/cuffs/number instead of navy too.
Yep should be a yellow hoop first on the red base, navy hoop first on yellow base. Looks like they've gone lazy and just taken the yellow design and changed the base.

Maybe something like this:

adelaide-kits-v2.png

Last edited:
View attachment 1111213If you are using the colour wheel as a guide, gold contrasts with navy blue far more than red. Interesting decision.
Yeah it's an unnecessary use of a clash this one but maybe Adelaide don't have a blue away jumper (obviously the standard yellow would be worse)

Yeah it's an unnecessary use of a clash this one but maybe Adelaide don't have a blue away jumper (obviously the standard yellow would be worse)
Yeah I completely agree, the standard Yellow-base clash thankfully did not get a run (would have been lunacy).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was about to say this, not sure why a dark home wouldn't work?
Is it a home vs away sponsor issue? I think the simple reason is that someone ****ed up and completely forgot this match up.

It's not like the Collingwood vs Essendon issue which just boggles the mind being a marquee game that is highly planned for each year.

I'm guessing the Crows hierarchy want to keep the home jumper as a home jumper. Keep in mind they used to wear their white clash (when it was introduced) vs Hawks until this match.

As I said in the other thread, they should have just copied the SANFL jumper. Navy cuffs would definitely help here

Is it a home vs away sponsor issue? I think the simple reason is that someone f’ed up and completely forgot this match up.

It's not like the Collingwood vs Essendon issue which just boggles the mind being a marquee game that is highly planned for each year.
Pretty sure they (Crows) don't have home and away sponsors unless they swap the Toyota slogans around.

Its not a sponsor thing or a home jumper only thing. The AFL think our home jumper clashes with Hawthorn. Haven’t seen the two home jumpers against each other sonce 2008. It was actually one of the earliest matchups we were directed to wear a clash jumper in when we were made to wear red in the 2007 EF.

Its not a sponsor thing or a home jumper only thing. The AFL think our home jumper clashes with Hawthorn. Haven’t seen the two home jumpers against each other sonce 2008. It was actually one of the earliest matchups we were directed to wear a clash jumper in when we were made to wear red in the 2007 EF.

The person that makes these decisions at the AFL must be an idiot as the Crows home definitely contrasts well with the Hawthorns traditional Golden Yellow based kit (The brown based kit is another matter).

Really only the GWS home kit is problematic from an overall finding contrast perspective as it is both a light kit from the back and dark kit from the front.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back