Preview Round 6, 2021 - Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would take satisfaction in burying the Blues. It has turned into a bit of a 'line in the sand' game for them though, their fans are furious, so expecting a big effort from them. Confident we will win.

Pardon the intrusion but you WILL win. They simply lack on-field leadership, and how often do you see them running in numbers? They still have work to do as a team.
Good luck on Saturday guys.

From AFL Site
Eli has the dreaded TBC against his name so maybe out for some time

brisbane.jpg

PLAYERINJURYESTIMATED RETURN
Noah Answerth Suspension Round 7
Jarrod Berry Adductor Test
Connor McFadyen Knee 5-6 weeks
Oscar McInerney Ankle Test
Archie Smith Ankle Test
Ely Smith Ankle TBC
Jack Payne Foot 2-4 weeks
Cam Rayner Knee Season
Updated: Tuesday, April 20

From AFL Site

brisbane.jpg

Noah AnswerthSuspensionRound 7
Jarrod BerryAdductorTest
Connor McFadyenKnee5-6 weeks
Oscar McInerneyAnkleTest
Archie SmithAnkleTest
Ely SmithAnkleTBC
Jack PayneFoot2-4 weeks
Cam RaynerKneeSeason
Jeez that suspension for Noah has turned into the longest suspension ever because of the ridiculous VFL/AFL overlap - a clusterfk example of officialdom at its worst...for heavens sake he is on an AFL list and 2 games should have been 2 games missed not this never ending saga.

From AFL Site

brisbane.jpg

Noah AnswerthSuspensionRound 7
Jarrod BerryAdductorTest
Connor McFadyenKnee5-6 weeks
Oscar McInerneyAnkleTest
Archie SmithAnkleTest
Ely SmithAnkleTBC
Jack PayneFoot2-4 weeks
Cam RaynerKneeSeason
Lions site has him at two weeks.

Jeez that suspension for Noah has turned into the longest suspension ever because of the ridiculous VFL/AFL overlap - a clusterfk example of officialdom at its worst...for heavens sake he is on an AFL list and 2 games should have been 2 games missed not this never ending saga.
Apologies if this has been answered but what the hell did he do?Murder someone?

Second day in a row now that Carlton has been copping it in the media. Mark McClure on 360 unloaded again backing up his article in the Age today, Robbo had an article in the HUN about them today too.

No chance our boys will be expecting anything other than the Blues coming out firing.

I keep on hearing this, but how the f*** does it help their football? Desperation is a recipe for failure.

This game is not theirs to win, it is ours to lose.

I keep on hearing this, but how the f*** does it help their football? Desperation is a recipe for failure.

Our girls played with desperation (and even spoke about it) in the GF on the weekend and that worked for them.

I'm just referring to their appetite for a contest on Saturday.

Willingness to chase, tackle, run, and not give up.

I have no doubt if we play well we win regardless of what mindset & determination Carlton turn up with.

Seeing Carlton was copping it from everywhere I thought I should watch the game v Port.
Also we play both in the next fortnight
In the end they got well beaten by a team that finished top of H & A ladder in 2020
Carlton missed some very easy shots on goal in the early part of the game
They had 2 more shots at goal than Port. final score Port 15.6 to Blues 9.14
However they never looked like getting the better of Port after 1/4 time

We just need a good start and should grind our way to a win

Seeing Carlton was copping it from everywhere I thought I should watch the game v Port.
Also we play both in the next fortnight
In the end they got well beaten by a team that finished top of H & A ladder in 2020
Carlton missed some very easy shots on goal in the early part of the game
They had 2 more shots at goal than Port. final score Port 15.6 to Blues 9.14
However they never looked like getting the better of Port after 1/4 time

We just need a good start and should grind our way to a win
Port were just too good , too classy for them but Carlton weren't totally hopeless.

The way the media has carried on you'd think they were thrashed by the Roos.

The footy media seems like politics these days ,they all get on one issue at the same time and do it to death.

I wish they'd picked another week but it might drag a few more through the gates this weekend.

I think if we are at our best we will win comfortably. Hoping we have found our form.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like this is more of a danger game than Essendon. Carlton will be up for this game and I think they'll fancy their chances against us down there off the back of 2019.
They might. In 2019 we were coming to an end of a run and the boys were really tired whereas this time we seem to be just hitting our straps. Cripps went nuts and we sat there and watched him . Zorks went off at half time and we sort of gave up. We should be ready for them this week.

I think it’s based on PAs injury profile and the thought that Carlton should have been able to be competitive.Apart from the start of the game, they weren’t. The score flatters them a bit because they scored some junk time goals.
Yes a few injuries to Port and last week they were $1.95 with Carlton as favourites at around $1.85. That said you would think their collective pride would get Carlton up for this weeks game. If the Lions ressies play earlier in the day that might be an indication like last week, when the Lions won the ressies easily and then the first. At least a 3 goal win.

Oscar trained strongly, Jarrod Berry less likely to play

Oscar trained strongly, Jarrod Berry less likely to play

Surely Deven Robertson comes straight back in for a exact swap for Jarrod Berry you would think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back