Review Round 6, 2021 - Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Easy fix for umpiring issues ... just develop a sensor that detects when someone is conciously lying (not mistaken, chooses to do what they know to be wrong by either commission or omission) and have it wired to their testicles, a light, and a counter ... The testicles get a zap, the light on their head starts to flash, and a counter penalises them a certain portion of their pay and is accessible in real time by the umpiring head and the coaches (and for extra evil shows up on the score board).

As they say in the dog training world ... reward the behaviour you want repeated.

I think they should play Adams on the number one forward and play Harris on number two. Let Harris zone off and play to his strengths, i.e. zoning off, reading the ball flight and marking everything. Adams is far better in a one on one goal square gorilla contest and quicker on leading forwards. I know that oppo would prefer Harris locked down deep rather than having him lurking at half back intercepting every forward entry. Essendon did it with Fletcher, rarely got the best forward.
I'm pretty sure that in previous years we've taken him off the #1 forward to allow him to play that role better.

It's just that this year so far the #1 forwards have often been a necessity for him to take because of availability (Payne or Adams being out) or others haven't had the height or reach to go with them, leaving him stuck between his instincts and his responsibilities.
I

Spot on. Harris is most valuable when he has license to zone off and mark everything. He has a poor record as as a deep back playing against gorillas (e.g. Hawkins). I thought that was the reason we recruited Adams. Payne is better in those deep one on one coteststs as well. Harris is most valuable at half back when he can zone off and use his play reading and marking ability.

You rang?

993828.png

well at least when he comes back later in the season there will be no doubt for his lingering back issues. If all goes well he can come back firing to push out our #1 lead ;) or just get us back on track to a solid finish.

think we'll adapt quite well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well at least when he comes back later in the season there will be no doubt for his lingering back issues. If all goes well he can come back firing to push out our #1 lead ;) or just get us back on track to a solid finish.

think we'll adapt quite well.

If we are to get injuries, I think this is the better part of the season .......then they can all recover and come back fighting fit ready for the finals!:)

So we're looking at this run of games without Lachie (going off the 6-8 week timeframe):

Port
@ Freo
@ Suns
Richmond
GWS
Melb (NT)
Bye
@ North

Could potentially go 2-5 there. Bit worrisome.

Firstly, what an absolutely amazing and heroic effort by Lachie not only to play on yesterday through obvious pain and discomfort but to make a materiel contribution to a really gutsy win.

Secondly, get better soon champion but take as much time as you need to get better.:hearts:

In the meantime, I have every confidence your team-mates will rise to the occasion and cover for you.

Go Lions!!!

Back