Review Round 6, 2021 - Carlton vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Carlton?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's hope all the players in the team at the moment play so well that those injured sit in the Twos.

One thing I noticed on Saturday is that McStay got on the lead four times to receive easy ball. One was his first quarter goal. Reminded me of Bradshaw. Several on this board have been saying for quite awhile that Dan could play this sort of role. I hope they are right.

I have not seen Dan on a lead so much

New faster style of play lends itself to Dan M being a leading and marking type

New faster style of play lends itself to Dan M being a leading and marking type
He used to lead, but mainly up along the boundary for the long kicks to a contest - the #2 defender was usually able to match him. Now that's Hipwood and Dan looks like he's playing more of a targeted leading role, similar to what has been filled by McCarthy and Rayner at times.

i hoping when McStay gets a few games in yes he be like Bradshaw type for us. Joe/Hippy you think take best 2 defenders.
Charlie finding form as well stretch some defenses..
Really depends if we start lowering our eyes kicking into 50 not just bombing it

I'm hearing they did in fact have the sprinklers on at Marvel before the game, sounds like a blatant attempt by Carlton to get one up on our boys

Not as bad as Geelong removing the flags around their ground before our game

Looks like it dried out by qtr time ;)
Yep, seemed to dry up during the 2nd. Players might have to start travelling with two pairs of boots though!

Not as bad as Geelong removing the flags around their ground before our game
What was that all about? Insurance incase they lost the coin toss haha

Yep, seemed to dry up during the 2nd. Players might have to start travelling with two pairs of boots though!

What was that all about? Insurance incase they lost the coin toss haha

More a goal kicking issue

I'm hearing they did in fact have the sprinklers on at Marvel before the game, sounds like a blatant attempt by Carlton to get one up on our boys
Apparently this has been common at all Marvel games this year. Lots of complaints about teams slipping lots especially in the first quarter due to it being really wet underfoot. I think its an attempt to try and preserve their crappy grass more

Back