Remove this Banner Ad

Rocket72

Club Legend
Oct 16, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks
Re-watched the final quarter. Cousins was absolutely massive. Watching it in real time with the nerves made it hard to recognise individual brilliance aside from particular moments. Impey, Hardwick, O'Meara, Kosi and Cousins looked like our only 5 players for about 10 minutes at one point.

The play in particular that lead to the Kosi 'juggle' mark near the boundary line showed for me why Cuz should be in the side going forward. He started just behind centre wing and got the jets on (ones I swear i'd never seem from him before) and got involved in a chain of possession leading to that short left foot kick to Kosi. He ran about 80 metres getting involved with the footy multiple times, burning opponents and ultimately giving us a shot at goal. It was sensational and unfortunately probably a little forgotten amongst the chaos of the final term.

You are spot on, Cuz was great and he'd already run hard all day. I'm not sure that his tank was a stand out factor when he was recruited so I think it's just hard work on his part to get to that level of fitness. His kicking can be school-boy level, but sometimes that's because he's blown himself up to get the ball.

May 28, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Ah yes, because our opinions on football are different to yours we must be miserable. That definitely makes sense.

Having said that I'd rather be around someone that's miserable than someone who has an incessant, transparent and condescending need to tell people that he's definitely intelligent. You just have to believe him.

To be honest the constant negativity is bloody depressing. A little more balance would go along way & be hugely refreshing... i often agree with much of what is written but try & balance it out with something good I am seeing.

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
To be honest the constant negativity is bloody depressing. A little more balance would go along way & be hugely refreshing... i often agree with much of what is written but try & balance it out with something good I am seeing.

I don't believe that I am constantly negative - take a look in the JOM, Wingard, Jeka, Day, Scrimshaw, Lewis (I've been his biggest defender), CJ, Greaves, etc etc threads.

The only things that I am personally "negative" about have been the same things/issues over the last few years - game plan issue, and continuously playing average players that don't offer us enough over young up-and-coming players.

Injecting the whole playing group with sh*t that no one fully understands gets my vote
At least there was some kind of purpose to that, however reckless, unethical, immoral and dishonest...you will get bigger and faster, and play football gooder! Who cares if your spleen and testicles shrink to the size of Tic-Tacs!

Last edited:
I don't believe that I am constantly negative - take a look in the JOM, Wingard, Jeka, Day, Scrimshaw, Lewis (I've been his biggest defender), CJ, Greaves, etc etc threads.

The only things that I am personally "negative" about have been the same things/issues over the last few years - game plan issue, and continuously playing average players that don't offer us enough over young up-and-coming players.
game plan issue deep sigh!!!!!!!!

Aug 31, 2008
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Nuggets
So you think we are still using the same game plan?

I'd say it's been tweaked.

Also having players like CJ who take the game on and act on instinct and given a licence to attack also changes things.

Even if it was a complete 180 degree change, does that somehow make the last few years of boring, dour, defensive low-scoring football any less of a pain to watch?

May 28, 2007
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn

you aren't too bad.... tell hodgey tho :)

I'd say it's been tweaked.

Also having players like CJ who take the game on and act on instinct and given a licence to attack also changes things.

Even if it was a complete 180 degree change, does that somehow make the last few years of boring, dour, defensive low-scoring football any less of a pain to watch?
Yes finally thank you it started last year. We need the cattle to implement it. Familiarisation, Execution and the opposition are the real barriers. The more you practice it the better you get at it. We were hampered last year not being able to train it as a team. But you can see the way we want to play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you aren't too bad.... tell hodgey tho :)
Yeh, you're probably getting lumped in with HR on this one. Wouldn't say you were overly negative.

Hawker55

Club Legend
Mar 17, 2011
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Everton, Denver Broncos
Anyone notice how frustrated Wingard was getting? He was annoyed at not being used, sometimes he had a point, mostly he just expected the ball to come to him just because he called. I haven't seen him play enough to know whether he always does that? Or was there something about this game? I'm hoping he was just really eager to do well.

I took that as him trying to get into a game that was passing him by. He had some magnificent attack on the ball - three great tackles for holding the ball results and a lot of in and under work, but was getting frustrated that it wasn't his day.

Hawks851

Senior List
Jul 3, 2015
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Anyone notice how frustrated Wingard was getting? He was annoyed at not being used, sometimes he had a point, mostly he just expected the ball to come to him just because he called. I haven't seen him play enough to know whether he always does that? Or was there something about this game? I'm hoping he was just really eager to do well.

what i noticed with chad if he mucks up he busts his arse of to fix it im sure out of his 6 tackles at least 5 were holding the ball. you can tell he really hates losing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back