Preview Round 6 2021: Hawks v Crows, UTAS, Sunday 25th April @ 12:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Expecting a very ugly game. Even when we were good tassie games were hard to watch.

Really hope to see some more attacking play including some overlap run. Would love to see CJ get a quarter or two on the wing. At some stage day and Sicily will be back and we should be working out who is best up the ground.

Hartigan has had the honeymoon grace period, but needs to go. He was only brought in for depth but is a long way off it. Cant compete without grabbing at jumpers, he's fodder for half decent fwds
I think Timmy and Kozi actually competed last week, and although Nash couldn't get near it, provided some good contests, not sure who makes way for Lewis.
Get Cousins in for Sheils, and bring in Finn and let him do the Worpel tag job while Worp tries to rediscover his mofo at Box Hill
In :Lewis, Cousins, Maginness
Out: Worpel, Sheils, Hartigan
*One of O'brien/Kozi to play full back.

Hartigan has had the honeymoon grace period, but needs to go. He was only brought in for depth but is a long way off it. Cant compete without grabbing at jumpers, he's fodder for half decent fwds
I think Timmy and Kozi actually competed last week, and although Nash couldn't get near it, provided some good contests, not sure who makes way for Lewis.
Get Cousins in for Sheils, and bring in Finn and let him do the Worpel tag job while Worp tries to rediscover his mofo at Box Hill
Agreed. I'm off Hartigan already.

TOB at full back?
Kosi was trialed forward over preseason as had been showing nothing down back to date.
Unfortunately Hartigan is best we have for the big forwards. The cupboard is bare.

1. I've lost track of the number of defenders posters on this site have wanted to throw out in their first year at the hawks. It takes time to learn a new system.
  2. He's done pretty well on a number of power forwards so far (eg. Hawkins, Lynch). Who else would you suggest takes these players? Frost? He got done a number of times for holding on Sunday.
  3. Perhaps he'd do a little better if the ball wasn't flying into the defensive 50 every two seconds. Defensive work starts up the field, not just the 50 metres around our defensive goal.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No. Hardwick is one of the best lockdown smalls in the comp and is tough as nails. We need him back there. There isn’t a spot for him as a small forward.
That he is and he can also take a mark and kick straight. I highly doubt it will happen but I'd be very interested in what would become of it if it did. Yep def no spot for him in the forward line considering we're kicking heaps of goals.

TOB at full back?
Kosi was trialed forward over preseason as had been showing nothing down back to date.
Unfortunately Hartigan is best we have for the big forwards. The cupboard is bare.
Kosi has played ok, but ultimately we need someone who can hit the score board
Obrien has matured mentally and physically since he last played back. Any one of those guys would be better than Kyle. There is clearly no room fwd for Kosi, Timmy and Mitch at same time, so it should be "play back or play 2's"

1. I've lost track of the number of defenders posters on this site have wanted to throw out in their first year at the hawks. It takes time to learn a new system.
  2. He's done pretty well on a number of power forwards so far (eg. Hawkins, Lynch). Who else would you suggest takes these players? Frost? He got done a number of times for holding on Sunday.
  3. Perhaps he'd do a little better if the ball wasn't flying into the defensive 50 every two seconds. Defensive work starts up the field, not just the 50 metres around our defensive goal.
Ohh boy - You think Hartigan is going to be the answer? Have you seen him play? You know why Adelaide didnt want him, right? Chip Frawley was and is a much better defender than Kyle Hartigan.

Ohh boy - You think Hartigan is going to be the answer? Have you seen him play? You know why Adelaide didnt want him, right? Chip Frawley was and is a much better defender than Kyle Hartigan.
Chip's body is cooked. He was a great servant to this club, but I'm not sure he was going to take us forward in 2021.

Kosi and TOB have both spent the entire pre-season training foward. I guess we just throw out structures, training, lessons learnt/progress made due to Hartigan getting done for holding a couple of times. I laid out why I believe the structures are the way they are. Consistency in messaging and development is extremely important in a young developing team.

At 29 years of age, Hartigan is unlikely to be the long-term answer (hopefully that's DGB), but in my view, he needs to be the short-term one.

Chip's body is cooked. He was a great servant to this club, but I'm not sure he was going to take us forward in 2021.

Kosi and TOB have both spent the entire pre-season training foward. I guess we just throw out structures, training, lessons learnt/progress made due to Hartigan getting done for holding a couple of times. I laid out why I believe the structures are the way they are. Consistency in messaging and development is extremely important in a young developing team.

At 29 years of age, Hartigan is unlikely to be the long-term answer (hopefully that's DGB), but in my view, he needs to be the short-term one.
Yeh, I agreed with Chip moving on, but didn't expect they'd bring in Kyle to replace him as starting FB. I thought it was purely a Dave Mirra depth play.

Riewoldt kicked 4 on us and they werent all typical big forward mark and goals.. The next best a big forward has kicked on us is 2. I dont get all the hate for our defenders.. I think they are doing there best to weather the storm while we sort out our issues further up the ground

Out of interest what do people expect we were getting when we recruited Hartigan ? I remember someone on her likened it to Brian Lake but most were pretty realistic I thought, what I've seen so far is exactly what I expected.

THIS! Get that lad kicking at goal from around the 50 meter arc every week at training.
Edit: LOL, got excited forgot to 'quote'

response to...
CHUBBSS:
'Out of all the players, I would love to see rotated through different positions, CJ with a license on the wing would be unreal to see'

That he is and he can also take a mark and kick straight. I highly doubt it will happen but I'd be very interested in what would become of it if it did. Yep def no spot for him in the forward line considering we're kicking heaps of goals.
I mean brockman hanrahan wingard Moore Breust are ahead of him as small forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back