Preview Round 6 2021: Hawks v Crows, UTAS, Sunday 25th April @ 12:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evidence of the first five rounds is to the contrary.
Cuz did come into the side as sub the other two are still a work in progress not demanding an opportunity. Finn is at least learning more about defense and tagging. Cuz may actually be in the side this week

C'mon Clarko, it's time to dump TOB, Howe and Nash for good.
TOB wont be dropped he still kicked two goals. Howe struggled last week but was good to a consistent performer the previous weeks. I mean look at whats trying to push their way in.

Edit: I want Howe to be replaced by someone better at the moment there is no one

Howe is just such a stupid footballer. He will receive the ball and take an eternity to make a decision. He is legit the definition of deer in the head lights. Happens at least 5 times a game. Love his courage but he isn’t an afl player and shouldn’t get games unless injuries. I don’t buy it that finn or cousins couldn’t play howe’s role. it’s not like Howe’s role is to provide run and carry or kick goals. All he does is get caught and make shocking turnovers over and over again.

When it comes to playing as a midfielder, Cousins brings more to the table than Howe.
When it comes to playing any position cousins brings more to the table then Howe who lacks severely in footy smarts, skills and pace. Never seen cousins take an eternity to get rid of the footy or get caught every time he touches it.

TOB wont be dropped he still kicked two goals. Howe struggled last week but was good to a consistent performer the previous weeks. I mean look at whats trying to push their way in.

Edit: I want Howe to be replaced by someone better at the moment there is no one

There are a few players better suited to the wing role that Howe is playing.

When it comes to playing as a midfielder, Cousins brings more to the table than Howe.
Completely different players and roles in the team. Cuz needs to come in for Worpel or Mitchell or even Shiels which isn’t gonna happen. Next best is a small forward role, but we have Moore and Hans doing well there.

I’d love to see him in, I just don’t know where he fits.

Downie more likely to replace Howe on the wing but he hasn’t exactly been lighting the 2s on fire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howe is just such a stupid footballer. He will receive the ball and take an eternity to make a decision. He is legit the definition of deer in the head lights. Happens at least 5 times a game. Love his courage but he isn’t an afl player and shouldn’t get games unless injuries. I don’t buy it that finn or cousins couldn’t play howe’s role. it’s not like Howe’s role is to provide run and carry or kick goals. All he does is get caught and make shocking turnovers over and over again.
Not for nothing, but is there any better way you can make your point without calling players stupid? You can do better.

He can hit the scoreboard, extract the footy and deliver nicely. Better then Mr deer in the head lights
Are you referring to Howe? They play different roles. Your assumptions are not backed up.

But in any event, in terms of scoreboard impact, Cousins is at 0.38 goals per game. Howe at 0.2. Neither is Tony Lockett. This doesn't really give much in "hits the scoreboard"

They both average 16 disposals per game. They both average 2 clearances per game. So I don't buy the "extract the footy" argument.

Disposal efficiency is at 76% for both players. So I don't buy the "deliver nicely" comment.

What is interesting is that Howe averages fewer clangers (1.9 vs 2.3), more intercepts (3 vs 4), more contested marks, more contested possessions, more tackles, more 1%s.

So, Howe may not be a star and he has his deficiencies, but he has delivered more than Cousins.

Not for nothing, but is there any better way you can make your point without calling players stupid? You can do better.
It’s his only way to communicate, he just can’t do it without puting people down.

I tried to talk to talk to him about it months ago, alas to no avail.

Are you referring to Howe? They play different roles. Your assumptions are not backed up.

But in any event, in terms of scoreboard impact, Cousins is at 0.38 goals per game. Howe at 0.2. Neither is Tony Lockett. This doesn't really give much in "hits the scoreboard"

They both average 16 disposals per game. They both average 2 clearances per game. So I don't buy the "extract the footy" argument.

Disposal efficiency is at 76% for both players. So I don't buy the "deliver nicely" comment.

What is interesting is that Howe averages fewer clangers (1.9 vs 2.3), more intercepts (3 vs 4), more contested marks, more contested possessions, more tackles, more 1%s.

So, Howe may not be a star and he has his deficiencies, but he has delivered more than Cousins.

Since 2019:

Cousins - 16 shots for 9.7, in his last 18 games
Averaged:
- 18.67 touches
- 3.94 marks
- 2.72 tackles

Howe - 9 shots for 4.5, in his last 22 games
Averaged:
- 15.22 touches
- 4.72 marks
- 2.36 tackles

That's games 8 to 25 for Cousins and games 51 to 72 for Howe.

More shots, more goals, more touches, more tackles and less games.

Last edited:

Cousins 6 games last year were better then anything howe has ever produced.

Since 2019:

Cousins - 16 shots for 9.7, in his last 18 games
Averaged:
- 18.67 touches
- 3.94 marks
- 2.72 tackles

Howe - 9 shots for 4.5, in his last 22 games
Averaged:
- 15.22 touches
- 4.72 marks
- 2.36 tackles

That's games 8 to 25 for Cousins and games 51 to 72 for Howe.

More shots, more goals, more touches, more tackles and less games.
Thanks for taking the time to prove my point appreciate it mate. I Knew cousins hit the scoreboard in nearly every game he has played lately. Some other club will pick him up and he’ll become a very good afl player.

Thanks for taking the time to prove my point appreciate it mate. I Knew cousins hit the scoreboard in nearly every game he has played lately. Some other club will pick him up and he’ll become a very good afl player.

There isn't really much of a comparison between the two, especially given one has played three times as many games as the other.

Cousins should be playing over Howe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back