Preview Round 6 2021: Hawks v Crows, UTAS, Sunday 25th April @ 12:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehh - I don’t get the complaint with the midfield. Wingard, Mitchell and O’Meara are all very different players. Even Shiels is different. Worpel I see as the only “same same” player as he is like a hybrid between Mitchell and O’Meara. We just don’t have a Bont, Dusty, Fyfe or Dangerfield. Add one of those to our mix and our midfield starts looking ridiculous. Cousins or Maginness won’t solve the “point of difference” problem. Neither offer anything different to those guys above.

Something isn’t working without mids but it’s not just the players.
Well summised. Hopefully the 2021 draft will provide the missing links to our midfield. Pace and skill x 2 please.
Changes for Crows:
Lewis for Timmy
Gunston for Nash
Brockman for Howe

Cousins doesn't fix any of our issues. Not quick, disposal isn't great, doesn't find a heap of it. I'm not pushing our JOM, Titch or Worpel for him.

Shiels would be the only one at risk given his age, but we're not going that bad, and its only Round 6.

Ehh - I don’t get the complaint with the midfield. Wingard, Mitchell and O’Meara are all very different players. Even Shiels is different. Worpel I see as the only “same same” player as he is like a hybrid between Mitchell and O’Meara. We just don’t have a Bont, Dusty, Fyfe or Dangerfield. Add one of those to our mix and our midfield starts looking ridiculous. Cousins or Maginness won’t solve the “point of difference” problem. Neither offer anything different to those guys above.

Something isn’t working without mids but it’s not just the players.
I may be wrong but our midfield looked good in Q3 when they got ball tap in space from big boy. Issues start when they don't get that luxury.

I dont get people complaining on Tom, he dogs ball out, need someone explosive to deliver it to forward

Would Kozi (or even Timmy) offer more playing in defense than up forward? He surely couldn't be worse than Hartigan, and Jeka could probably replace him in the forward-line for a similar output.

5 weeks into the season, O’Meara, Worpel, Mitchell and Shiels have managed 1 goal between them
It’s not great is it. Only Worpel has spent minutes forward. The rest spend more time helping out the defenders than anything.

To their credit they have all had chances to hit the scoreboard but opportunities have gone begging.

Would Kozi (or even Timmy) offer more playing in defense than up forward? He surely couldn't be worse than Hartigan, and Jeka could probably replace him in the forward-line for a similar output.
We’ve seen O’Brien in defence. Let’s not go down that road again.

Kozi has had a handful of senior games now. Let’s be more patient with him here. I’m happy to let Hartigan, Frost and Hartley rotate the key positions until Grainger Barras is ready to make his mark.

Listening to Luke Boyd from last week it sounds like Gunston only started contact work in the last week or two - seems a long shot to play, given the nature of the injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne fans were only in the MCC. It was about 10k Melbourne, 25 hawthorn
I was in the AFL members and it definitely felt like we were outnumbered, first time I remember that ever. (mostly because Melbourne Fans are usually in the MCC) The difference in the crowd noise when they scored to when we scored was also noticeable.

This was the first time this year I got to see Box Hill on TV. Loved Jeka's continued efforts. He has a future in the AFL. Bramble looks a likely type as well.
They both put up their hand yesterday I thought. Bramble is behind Cousins it seems, but I think he might end up being better.

Jeka and Kosi impressed me when I saw them over the preseason and I was really hoping they’d get a look early, so it’s been good to see Kosi get a shot.
Jeka really moves like a topline forward though and his field kicking is quite good. Would love to see him this week, but I don’t know if we will.

Maybe if Gunston needs a week or two at Box Hill we play Jeka in the ones? Not sure about the chances of that happening though.

They both put up their hand yesterday I thought. Bramble is behind Cousins it seems, but I think he might end up being better.

Jeka and Kosi impressed me when I saw them over the preseason and I was really hoping they’d get a look early, so it’s been good to see Kosi get a shot.
Jeka really moves like a topline forward though and his field kicking is quite good. Would love to see him this week, but I don’t know if we will.

Maybe if Gunston needs a week or two at Box Hill we play Jeka in the ones? Not sure about the chances of that happening though.
Kosi should go out for Lewis. That leaves the decision of Gunston or jeka for Nash. I’m assuming tob will remain as our leading kpf goal kicker 😉

Why does it keep Ceglar out?

I didn't see TOB used as a ruck all day.

Howe and Hartigan were doing ruckwork instead.

If TOB isn't doing any ruck work, I really don't see why he's in the side

pretty sure it was because Gawn rested at FF so BB went with him and Hartigan was matched on Jackson

against a team without 2 rucks I have to imagine TOB plays in the middle a bit

TOB took marks and kicked goals. Previous weeks he didnt so needed to be dropped.

Now he did it but should be dropped anyway.

Kosi previously kicked a goal or 2 but didnt move well around the ground. This time he moved really well and was competitive in packs and took some strong marks. Drop him anyway.

There seem to be a few here who wont be satisfied until we play our BHH team and get flogged by 30 goals. Then they will blame the coach.

As for Gunston, has there been any indication that he is fit and ready? Last I saw was 2 or 3 weeks meaning R7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back