Preview Round 6 2021: Hawks v Crows, UTAS, Sunday 25th April @ 12:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
our backline is awesome. one of the best in the comp. then look at their age profile

in what will be a long year it is a source of great optimism imo
Also missing the two best players from it in Sicily and Day.

Worps has gone from 27 disposals a game in his best and fairest season back to 17 per game over the past 20 games.

That is a huge decline.
Jeez I'd love the club to let us know what's going on if there's something going on in the background.

Mitchell started playing again?
Could well be as simple as that, but then I'd be asking the club why his return has had such a massively detrimental impact on Worps.
I'd also be interested to see what would happen if Shiels were removed from the rotation and someone with less experience than Jimma came in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Defence been good.
Midfield average but not the worst.
Forwardline non-existent.
Kicking 7-10 goals a game doesn't cut it anymore. It would be great if we could get some quicker ball movement and chance our arm a bit. Granted we don't have the talent up there but we need to find some structure with a future. We battled hard against Demons, but the last 10 minutes showed that the conservative game plan won't hold up for 4 quarters.

Could well be as simple as that, but then I'd be asking the club why his return has had such a massively detrimental impact on Worps.
I'd also be interested to see what would happen if Shiels were removed from the rotation and someone with less experience than Jimma came in.

also most of those games were shortened

Last edited:
Have to beat them on the inside. They will be much too quick for us on the outside.

Need to convert clearances into scores.
I hope you don't mean we should all swarm to the inside and allow them space on the outside which makes them look fast.....

In- M.Lewis, E.Jeka, N.Reeves, F.Magginess,
T.Brockman
Out- D.Howe, C.Nash, T.O’Brien, K.Hartigan, S.Burgoyne

B B.Hardwick S.Frost J.Scrimshaw
HB C.Jiath B.McEvoy J.Impey
C H.Morrison T.Mitchell T.Phillips
HF C.Wingard M.Lewis D.Moore
F T.Brockman E.Jeka L.Breust
FOLL: N.Reeves J.Worpel J.O’Meara
INTER: L.Shiels, O.Hanrahan, F.Magginness, J.Koschitzke
SUB: J.Cousins

He wont be having a crack down back not until he has a good go playing forward. He has trained all preseason post Christmas and continues to train with the forwards. Give the lad a chance

Spot on. He's been good up forward, too. Looks a natural and it's pretty tough being in the Hawthorn forward line with our current midfield.

Our backline is fairly well stacked and working alright. Defenders don't stand a chance the way the ball came out of the middle in the last quarter vs Melbourne.

T.Brockman

I'd be ok with that. You can add Gunston to the mix too.

Out: Moore (struggling for impact - just a rest as sub),

I mean, he kicked 3 goals in a quarter in our comeback win.
Bobbed up with a last quarter goal in our near comeback against Geelong.
Kicked 3 in another comeback attempt against the Dockers, then got us within 4 points with a goal in the last quarter on the weekend.

If he's struggling at anything it definitely isn't impact. Only thing I'd like to see a few 20+ disposal games. Regardless of that he's still leading our goal kicking and been one of our big improvers.

Anyone been to city oval and seen the club in action. I see an expanded coaching panel there for ‘development’ is this evident?

I’m really wondering if the strategy is to err on leaving youngsters there so they can get the benefit of a higher coaching ratio? Especially after probably muddling through last year.The seniors team having to make do with less coaches?

or I could just be guessing

I'd be ok with that.

Reeves to Ruck 70% and have McEvoy/kozi chop out if needed. Brockman back to the forward pocket, while Lewis, Jeka and kozi provide Targets Forward. Kozi can play in defence as well so can go back if needed.

Try get Magginess into the guts and let him get a feel for AFL level. No point playing Daniel Howe who will likely not improve at his age. Hanrahan, Moore, Wingard and Brockman provide spark.

T.Brockman

We‘re not omitting Hartigan, he’s been fine.
And cousins was sub last week, so he either goes to Box Hill, or he starts in the 22.

We‘re not omitting Hartigan, he’s been fine.
And cousins was sub last week, so he either goes to Box Hill, or he starts in the 22.
Hartigan is 29 and very slow. No way should Hawthorn persist with him unless they absolutely have to. I rate Cousins, he’s decent but he’s the same type of midfielder as O’Meara, Mitchell and Worpel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back