Preview Round 6 2021: Hawks v Crows, UTAS, Sunday 25th April @ 12:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not as close to the coalface as some so please correct me if I'm wrong ... From memory commentators were saying that this year is going to be a bumper draft. That said would it be fair to say that the match committee is having a look at everybody on the list with a view to a serious clean-out at the end of the year? That could explain what appears to be some bewildering selections, and I wouldn't be surprised if perhaps someone like Mitchell is put up for trade in order to get some selections in. In fact that could be good news for a mature bodied Worpel who is part of the younger demographic. Was very interested to hear about the larger coaching contingent at Box Hill. For me what I am seeing this year are the foundations being developed ... Just slightly off topic does anybody know the projections around when we will have Dingley up and running?
2023 is the year last mentioned. The club is hoping to get further local funding which they are hoping for an announcement for in May. There was an expectation for State funding that never eventuated that has put the development back, along with covid.. I would doubt 2023 is feasible.

I think Jeka would be very stiff not to get a gig soon

Kicked bags to start the year and i think kicking 3 on a tough day where we lose convincingly is a good sign.

He may not come in and dominate but would love to see him given a taste and at least see what he needs to work on.

Jeka the most likely I reckon. Maginness has also received praise on his ability to play his role for four weeks running but the raw stats are slightly underwhelming (8 tackles though). I also really like how Sam doesn’t pull his punches.
I love the 8 tackles... that could be good for us... we are fourth last on tackles atm.. but probably have bigger fish to fry than tackles... FWIW - contested possessions we are 2nd last..

Sigh. So it looks like this season is a confirmed write off so these boards will be as fun as rubbing sand paper on my eyeballs. Let's see what the draft holds. That should be exciting. Can always win the draft on the Internet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeka for O’Brien, Persist with kozi instead of O’Brien. Brockman for nash. Cousins for Howe.
What has Kosi actually done, though? He has struggled every game apart from the one against north. Let him develop at box hill for a bit and get his confidence going.

What has Kosi actually done, though? He has struggled every game apart from the one against north. Let him develop at box hill for a bit and get his confidence going.
I think Lewis comes in for Kozi

The question is then does Jeka miss out again, does he replace Timmy or can you play all 3?

I think Lewis comes in for Kozi

The question is then does Jeka miss out again, does he replace Timmy or can you play all 3?
Play Kozi Lewis jeka, Gunston comes in the following week for kozi if he doesn’t have a good game. We know what O’Brien brings it’s time to see what jeka has.

Ins: Lewis, Jeka, Brockman
Outs: Nash, Koschitzke, Howe

I know people want to drop Timmy (so do I) but he kicked two goals on the weekend and actually stuck a few marks. While I think he’ll eventually make way for Gunston it won’t be this week. Koschitzke was much improved defensively against Melbourne but didn’t hit the scoreboard. Jeka has kicked 14 goals in 3 games and deserves a shot.

Play Kozi Lewis jeka, Gunston comes in the following week for kozi if he doesn’t have a good game. We know what O’Brien brings it’s time to see what jeka has.
I like Kozi but 2 goals in 4 games is pretty lean, he is still developing his forward craft. I won't mind if they give him another go at AFL level but i expect to see him playing VFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back