Preview Round 6 2021: Hawks v Crows, UTAS, Sunday 25th April @ 12:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What has Kosi actually done, though? He has struggled every game apart from the one against north. Let him develop at box hill for a bit and get his confidence going.
Kosi needs to learn to mark with arms outstretched, gives him 2 chances, the mark or a free for chopping the arms. I really want TOB to succeed, I send out the good vibes into the ether every time he goes for a mark or shot on goal but the hope is eroding. Even Parko said on ABC during the game that he was a bit bewildered that he was getting a game. He obviously has the desire but if hes not going to be the forward we need Clarko has to find a position for him that benefits the team. Maybe need a little more heat on the General rather than the soldiers.

Brocky won't play wing its a different role bramble or cuz more likely for howe
I was thinking Brockman would go forward and Moore would push back up onto the wing.

That or Cousin comes in and Moore goes sub this week.

I was thinking Brockman would go forward and Moore would push back up onto the wing.

That or Cousin comes in and Moore goes sub this week.

I think Nash will be the medical sub for this week. Moore has kicked a goal in 4 of the 5 games.

Ins: Lewis, Jeka, Brockman
Outs: Nash, Koschitzke, Howe

I know people want to drop Timmy (so do I) but he kicked two goals on the weekend and actually stuck a few marks. While I think he’ll eventually make way for Gunston it won’t be this week. Koschitzke was much improved defensively against Melbourne but didn’t hit the scoreboard. Jeka has kicked 14 goals in 3 games and deserves a shot.
I think you are right Timmy will make way when Gunners is ready. Which kinda makes sense Timmy is a 3rd option.
Lewis is probably our number #1 tall on the list at the moment. I think Jeka's form deserves the chance to be giving a stint as the #2 tall, like Kosi has been given.

Brocky won't play wing its a different role bramble or cuz more likely for howe

I was thinking we could push Moore higher up when required. We’d still have Phillips & Morrison starting on the wings. Truth be told I’m not completely sure why Howe is playing on a wing when he’d probably be better suited for blocking at the centre square.

Are we asking for Howe to come out due to his game last week? Or are people still worked up about the Cats game?

I thought Kosi competed well up the field, but I can certainly see the argument for him to go head back to the VFL to work on his craft after getting a taste of seniors over the past month (Lewis as a direct swap).

Bramble played well to my eye on the weekend, but I'd like to see a few more strong games before a call-up (disclaimer: last week was the first box hill game I saw this year from start to finish).

Not sure Brockman gets a gig this week, as I'm not sure he displaces Ollie Hanrahan after the promising signs he showed against the Dees, and on the provisio that he needs game time after not playing last week, it will need to be at Box Hill unfortunately. Similar to Kosi, he's had a taste of seniors now, and so perhaps there's an opportuntity to continue working on issues identified at Box Hill.

Last edited:
Are we asking for Howe to come out due to his game last week? Or are people still worked up about the Cats game?

I thought Kosi competed well up the field, but I can certainly see the arguement for him to go head back to the VFL to work on his craft after getting a taste of seniors over the past month (Lewis as a direct swap).

Bramble played well to my eye on the weekend, but I'd like to see a few more strong games before a call-up (disclaimer: last week was the first box hill game I saw this year from start to finish).

Not sure Brockman gets a gig this week, as I'm not sure he displaces Ollie Hanrahan after the promising signs he showed against the Dees, and on the provisio that he needs game time after not playing last week, it will need to be at Box Hill unfortunately. Similar to Kosi, he's had a taste of seniors now, and so perhaps there's an opportuntity to continue working on issues identified at Box Hill.
I'd say its to do with his lack of speed, not just running wise but the time it takes for him to get boot to ball is frustratingly slow. Sure he tries hard, but I'd much rather a bit more pace on the wing than what he offers.

I think we could argue that Brockman comes in for Howe and Hanrahan/Moore push up to a wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say its to do with his lack of speed, not just running wise but the time it takes for him to get boot to ball is frustratingly slow. Sure he tries hard, but I'd much rather a bit more pace on the wing than what he offers.

I think we could argue that Brockman comes in for Howe and Hanrahan/Moore push up to a wing.
In which case, Bramble might be an argument for a straight swap if you wanted someone with a bit more zip on the wing (notwithstanding my earlier post!)

I want to reserve judgement on Kossie until he comes up against a weaker side.

He's had a tough start
Exactly, you have to think he is a key forward who has played 4 games of AFL with two of those against Geelong & Richmond who have very solid defences. Bloke has also been making contests with our poor delivery going forward so I think he definitely needs to stay in and build on that.

I'd like to see TOB retained as a 2nd Ruck option to give McEvoy a rest at times. Also maybe worth considering he as back option at times. If he cant mark maybe he can at least spoil others
You mean spoil his own team mates every time they go up and are about to mark it cause he does that a lot

I want to reserve judgement on Kossie until he comes up against a weaker side.

He's had a tough start
Our first five games have been a tough start but 5 of the next 6 aren't so I think now we will start to see where we are in the pack.
Thoughts:
Worpel will be a tagger for the rest of the year, takes him out of the competition for spots in the middle and JOM is in for a big year so give him space.
Blessing that Cegs is injured (bad yes but you know what I mean), bring in Reeves now as a forward pocket that plays 25% to 30% ruck against the second ruck.
Love Moore but if Clarko isn't going to give him midfield or stoppage time its time to bring in Cousins.
Nash was poo, sloppy running down the leg poo. Jeka in for him.
Yeah Timmy was ok but just that and the unpredictable brain farts are just too often.

OUT: TOB, Kosi, Moore, Nash
IN: Lewis, Reeves, Cousins, Jeka

Our first five games have been a tough start but 5 of the next 6 aren't so I think now we will start to see where we are in the pack.
Thoughts:
Worpel will be a tagger for the rest of the year, takes him out of the competition for spots in the middle and JOM is in for a big year so give him space.
Blessing that Cegs is injured (bad yes but you know what I mean), bring in Reeves now as a forward pocket that plays 25% to 30% ruck against the second ruck.
Love Moore but if Clarko isn't going to give him midfield or stoppage time its time to bring in Cousins.
Nash was poo, sloppy running down the leg poo. Jeka in for him.

OUT: Kosi, Moore, Nash
IN: Reeves, Cousins, Jeka
Lewis will play.

Cant see us dropping our leading goalkicker either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back