Preview Round 6 2021: Hawks v Crows, UTAS, Sunday 25th April @ 12:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

No doubt. A shame he's not racking up decent numbers at BH yet. Will delay his arrival somewhat.
Yep. But when the box hill midfield is getting smashed pretty hard for an outside player to get the ball. May find it easier at AFL level as he seems to have smarts on where to run etc.

Hope for at least 20 mins we can put CJ on a wing and scrim in the middle.
A future centre line of CJ scrim Day is wildly different to our current set up. Add Downie DGB/Sicily Impey at HB in 2022 and the ball may actually start in our backline and end up in a leading forwards hands.

Not expecting many changes this week to the 22.

Yep. But when the box hill midfield is getting smashed pretty hard for an outside player to get the ball. May find it easier at AFL level as he seems to have smarts on where to run etc.
I get that feeling too. Might be one who enjoys the higher level. The type of player we need Jaeger and Mitchell feeding the ball to rather than using than using it themselves. We really need to get some good ball users into the midfield mix as soon as possible

12.30? That's pretty bizarre, can't remember that happening too often.
Just enough time for me to zip into KFC for an early 11:30 brunch, before heading to the ground.

Trust me going to KFC is a highlight,when visiting Launceston.

PS, to all the Hawk supporters from Launnie (I am only being serious)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did someone say KFC?
I don’t care, I love it.

On a serious note I can’t support the Hawks major sponsors anymore than I do now.

1. I am a Tasmanian taxpayer.
2. We have the top of the range Nissan Qashqai
3. 99% of my leasure gear is Adidas
4. I eat KFC as much as possible.

Last edited:
Agreed. Would like him to get a run to see how he goes. Given Worpel's form, would not mind a swap.
This, as much as I hate to say it he has been a liability this season so far and i think its time we move to another direction at least for one week.

He is starting to get the "panics" and disposal is horrid

Just enough time for me to zip into KFC for an early 11:30 brunch, before heading to the ground.

Trust me going to KFC is a highlight,when visiting Launceston.

PS, to all the Hawk supporters from Launnie (I am only being serious)

Cataract on Paterson is a nice place to have a quality meal. Not too far from the stadium.

Hope for at least 20 mins we can put CJ on a wing and scrim in the middle.
Why on earth would we move CJ and Scrim just when they are hitting form and solidifying there spots?

Geezis can let these boys settle first before panicking and throwing players here there and everywhere - if the coaches do this and they lose form we'd never here the end of how bad the coaches are - this place be crazy at times.

Why on earth would we move CJ and Scrim just when they are hitting form and solidifying there spots?

Geezis can let these boys settle first before panicking and throwing players here there and everywhere - if the coaches do this and they lose form we'd never here the end of how bad the coaches are - this place be crazy at times.
Well once Sicily day DGB return, couple of defenders are going to have to move up the ground aren’t they ? Can’t fit them all in the backline. Might as well start preparing scrim and CJ for roles up the ground. We are rebuilding and can afford to do this. If anything it’ll make them better players being able to play more positions and scrimshaw has always talked about wanting a midfield role.

Well once Sicily day DGB return, couple of defenders are going to have to move up the ground aren’t they ? Can’t fit them all in the backline. Might as well start preparing scrim and CJ for roles up the ground. We are rebuilding and can afford to do this. If anything it’ll make them better players being able to play more positions and scrimshaw has always talked about wanting a midfield role.
How about we give the effing forward line a chance to gel by keeping in place whats working down back, otherwise you learn nothing, it'll just be chaos everywhere, instead of confined to certain areas of the ground.

How about we rotate mids like Cousins through the middle instead, as a simple starting point?

DGB hasn't even played a single game for points yet, but you want mix up what's working because he's maybe coming in sometime in the far future.

As I said, this place be crazy at times.

It's called Box Hill my friend.

I think Scrimshaw will end up being a midfielder for us- they've already started giving him some minutes there and I think that'll only increase with time.

I think Scrimshaw will end up being a midfielder for us- they've already started giving him some minutes there and I think that'll only increase with time.
Hope so, but lets see him string 15 games in a row together first, before thinking he's a long term solution in the guts. He's had enough injury issues to doubt he can handle midfield running at this stage. I understand what everybody is getting at but have some effing patience about the whole overall "disaster". Won't learn nothing if he does calf or whatever his problems have been.

Hope so, but lets see him string 15 games in a row together first, before thinking he's a long term solution in the guts. He's had enough injury issues to doubt he can handle midfield running at this stage. I understand what everybody is getting at but have some effing patience about the whole overall "disaster". Won't learn nothing if he does calf or whatever his problems have been.
I have plenty of patience? I'm not sure where I've shown that I haven't lol. Also not sure what's being called a disaster here.
As I said, I think his minutes will increase with time, right now he's probably 90:10 def:mid but I think by the end of the season it could be as high as 75:25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back