Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
notable outs for BHH:
Finn, Cousins, Downie, Hartley
Notable ins:
Nash

With this I'm imagining Finn is the sub, Cousins getting a run and Downie/Hartley being traveling emergencies.
The way we've played the inside game in recent weeks means there's probably a few boys who are fairly tender- I can see Howe, Shiels and Phillips all potentially needing a week with how they've gone in that space.

I would love for us to go super young in this game- coming up against the youngest team in the comp I think it's a great chance to get some experience into our newer recruits without sending them fully to the wolves.

Hawks851

Senior List
Jul 3, 2015
Hobart
AFL Club
Hawthorn
notable outs for BHH:
Notable ins:
Nash

With this I'm imagining Finn is the sub, Cousins getting a run and Downie/Hartley being traveling emergencies.
The way we've played the inside game in recent weeks means there's probably a few boys who are fairly tender- I can see Howe, Shiels and Phillips all potentially needing a week with how they've gone in that space.

I would love for us to go super young in this game- coming up against the youngest team in the comp I think it's a great chance to get some experience into our newer recruits without sending them fully to the wolves.

sounds like hartley was a late out

kenneje

Premiership Player
Apr 25, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
- It would be exciting if either Finn or Downie is given a start.
- Cuz deserves a crack.
- Perhaps Hartley is a emergency for Hartigan/Frost if they are sore.

Rumors that Tex won't play. Not sure we'd need two tall lockdown defenders, so they might bring in Hartley for Hartigan to add to our rebound abilities.

Nash > Downie
Howe > Maginness
Burgoyne > Cousins
O'Brien > Lewis
Hartigan > Hartley

Not sure we'd win, but it would be a hell of a lot of fun to watch.

Correct, there is no comparison. They are different players who are not competing for the same position. Mid does not equal mid.

howe is playing instead of Finn and downie. Cousins is behind the inside mids (jaeger, Mitch, shiels, worpel) and the small mid fwds (chad, Moore, hanrahan sort of).

I want him to play but he has never ever played on a wing. Howe will keep getting a game on the wing until the winger at box hill goes past him.

Howe is a wing? He's the furthest thing from that for mine.

Not a comment on selection or otherwise but he's a tagger/inside mid or big bodied HBF.

Winger he is not.

Billyc

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Jeka is the one I don’t understand. He’s young, improving, in an area of the team where we stink and he’s knocking the door down with strong performances. He needs to be picked

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
So one of Finn, Downie, Cousins and Hartley are likely the sub, one will play and 2 non-playing emergencies?

Quite a few of these guys aren't getting great continuity.

SammyC

Team Captain
May 20, 2020
AFL Club
Hawthorn
notable outs for BHH:
Notable ins:
Nash

Howe is a wing? He's the furthest thing from that for mine.

Not a comment on selection or otherwise but he's a tagger/inside mid or big bodied HBF.

Winger he is not.

I don’t disagree but that’s where he has been playing and likely prepared for all summer. We lost 3 true wingers last year - smith, Hendo and scully. We aren’t overwhelmed with options and the young blokes next in line aren’t getting a kick at box hill.

Nov 21, 2010
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Chelsea, Detroit Pistons
I don’t disagree but that’s where he has been playing and likely prepared for all summer. We lost 3 true wingers last year - smith, Hendo and scully. We aren’t overwhelmed with options and the young blokes next in line aren’t getting a kick at box hill.

That was true until an hour ago. Bramble has had 17 touches to half time at Box Hill. He used it well last week so hopefully his quality hasn't dropped off with the bigger numbers.

Timo pez

Senior List
Aug 31, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
If we were to revert back to that, what does that mean for Worpel who's been doing that job the past couple of weeks? Worpel is a ball hunter being stifled by a better ball hunter playing his role.

That's the worry with Worpel. Extremely limited as this stage of his career as to what role he can do and where he can do it.
I think Worpel is playing as a tagger because he is so horribly out of form, not necessarily because someone is playing his role better than him. One step away from the VFL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back