Preview Round 6 2021: Hawks v Crows, UTAS, Sunday 25th April @ 12:30pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Positional selections are irrelevant. Morrison and Phillips would be our 2 wings if we really had to nominate the positions.

Maybe I just don't watch the games closely enough but not once have I considered Howe to be our wing.

You don’t watch the games closely at all if you haven’t seen Howe on the wing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

You don’t watch the games closely at all if you haven’t seen Howe on the wing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I didn't say I haven't seen him on the wing. I said he isn't our wing.

I've seen Tim O'Brien and Liam Shiels on the wing. Dylan Moore. Jarman Impey. I also don't believe they are our wings. Although Moore is probably close, along with Morrison and Phillips.

Positionally how you're selected isn't particularly relevant. And the way the game is played a lot is done on the wing, by all players.

Howe may spend time on the wing, rotating off the bench and other positions. He is not our front line winger in the traditional sense though.

This is exactly the mix I've been hoping to see play together. With no second ruck it makes it now possible. See how the dynamic works

When Gunston's available he then should slot in for TOB as 3rd tall. Jeka to get a run if or rather when Lewis or Kozi continue to underperform.
None of them are any good at ground level it’s going to be a nightmare.

While I doubt Kozi, Lewis or Jeka will be AA level. I love how all 3 were late picks who have killed it at VFL and demanded there spots in the seniors.

Key forwards are very hard to find and all 3 are worth persisting with. Half way through last year I thought we’d struggle to have a competent Key Forward with the crap Parton and TOB dish up. Just hope Clarko gives them time cause they all work hard and compete and please do not drop them for TOB after 1 game cause TOB tries but is not the answer. Hopefully one can ruck to give Big Boy a spell and not see Ceglar again.
Maybe Timmy would come into his own if he was getting the 3rd best defender

While I doubt Kozi, Lewis or Jeka will be AA level. I love how all 3 were late picks who have killed it at VFL and demanded there spots in the seniors.

Key forwards are very hard to find and all 3 are worth persisting with. Half way through last year I thought we’d struggle to have a competent Key Forward with the crap Parton and TOB dish up. Just hope Clarko gives them time cause they all work hard and compete and please do not drop them for TOB after 1 game cause TOB tries but is not the answer. Hopefully one can ruck to give Big Boy a spell and not see Ceglar again.
Jeka had massive wraps in his underage year, but spent most of his draft year riddled with injury and that impacted his performance- iirc he was in contention for top 5 and was one of "the players to watch".
I'm pretty keen to see what he's like with 10-20 games under his belt and to see how quickly he makes an impact at the top grade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back