Preview Round 6, 2021: North Melbourne vs Fremantle @ Optus Stadium | Saturday, April 24 @ 8:10pm [GAME ON; NO CROWDS]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, the problem is it might seem like there is a high possession plan for 2/3rds of the total ground once we come out of defence. After it makes its way to the forward and then rebounds instantaneously, it isn't a high possession style of football at all. We lose the ball. We defend.

I think high possession requires north to hit targets from players making leads further up the ground.
I dont think we're seeing that, it looks like we're just streaming out of the backing.
The idea of the high possession game is that you play the ball around until you can get through the opposition zone - and then you break fast. If you want to see it played to perfection watch West Coast. Unfortunately we don't have the personnel to execute such a game plan.

I reckon we will look like this:

Atu - McKay - Bonner

Atley - Walker - Ziebell

Stephenson - LDU - Powell

Turner - Xerri - Thomas

Phillips - Larkey - Zurhaar

Goldstein - Cunnington - Simpkin

Hayden - Taylor - Garner - Scott

Sub : Menadue

In: Zurhaar, LDU, Garner, Xerri

Out: Hall (inj) , Lazarro (inj), Mahony, Campbell

I reckon we will look like this:

Atu - McKay - Bonner

Atley - Walker - Ziebell

Stephenson - LDU - Powell

Turner - Xerri - Thomas

Phillips - Larkey - Zurhaar

Goldstein - Cunnington - Simpkin

Hayden - Taylor - Garner - Scott

Sub : Menadue

In: Zurhaar, LDU, Garner, Xerri

Out: Hall (inj) , Lazarro (inj), Mahony, Campbell
your missing lachie young, him instead of bailey would then look fine

Is it on free to air? I have only got Kayo on my phone and its too small to make sense of the game!!

This is all it will be for sure, when was the last time we made wholesale changes even on the back of losses in a row. We just dont have the cattle with the injuries we have. Zurhaar might get a go but other than Taylor for Hall which should be a lock not many other changes to happen I wouldnt have thought. Please dont put Tyson in on the back of that game in the VFL Please please and Please

This is all it will be for sure, when was the last time we made wholesale changes even on the back of losses in a row. We just dont have the cattle with the injuries we have. Zurhaar might get a go but other than Taylor for Hall which should be a lock not many other changes to happen I wouldnt have thought. Please dont put Tyson in on the back of that game in the VFL Please please and Please
agree dont expect many changes outside of injuries. Whilst Id like to see X get a game I don't think Campbell warrants making way. Scott needs some time in the VFL.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was impressed you changed the template so Gibbo wasn't your first "out". 👍👍

Mahony is giving me flashbacks right now, I won’t lie. I keep telling myself he’s played 10 games.

But yes, simple formula, hit targets when you are in space, kick set shots when kickable and don’t be s**t.

Zak Dawson played 166 AFL games without meeting any of those.

Maybe it’s not that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
lol true. Although Dawson knew how to run and spoil the ball for a throw in, and that’s all that mattered for Ross’ game plan 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back