Preview Round 6, 2021: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 25th April, 6:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 32.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And thinking that, Billings & Lonie would be a good swap next year to the magpies for Isaac Quaynor.

Isaac You as List Manager.

His marking last year was elite. Top 10 in the whole league for both intercepts and marks. He certainly struggles more one on one though.
Comparing Coffield to McGovern is a joke - Coffield is 21 and McGovern had not even played a game at the same age - McGovern is a CHB who is known for his intercept marking and is good at it.
Coffield is a halfback who could play in multiple positions if needed , can intercept mark as he proved last year and can run and carry the ball apart from that he has elite ball skills.
Also last year Coffield was 4th in marking in the AFL and McGovern was 12th not bad for a 20yr old - this year he has underperformed but he is a class act and in a couple years I would not count him out playing a role in the midfield , he reminds me of Pendlebery the way he moves and has exceptional ball skills.

It’s a massive indictment on our situation that we may have to play Long.
What absolute pure and utter nonsense.

We’re potentially missing THREE of the guys who would have been preferred to him in that role. THREE of them!

How many clubs do you reckon have that quantity and quality of depth that they’re able to strongly cover for the loss of their first 3 choices for any particular role? Especially one that’s not mega-important, like the “shutdown small defender” one?

We’re potentially missing THREE of the guys who would have been preferred to him in that role. THREE of them!

How many clubs do you reckon have that quantity and quality of depth that they’re able to strongly cover for the loss of their first 3 choices for any particular role? Especially one that’s not mega-important, like the “shutdown small defender” one?

To be fair we did get rid of Hind and Savage, who would both be far better than Sinclair, McKenzie and Long as small defenders. Very poor list management.

Even given our current injuries, we'd look a lot better fielding this backline:

B: Savage, Howard, Wilkie
HB: Coffield, Carlisle, Hind

Savage really rounded out his game defensively in his last couple of seasons and Hind has been one of the form half backs in the comp.

In: Marshall Jones Byrnes
Out: Hunter Dunstan, Ross

Webster to pass his fitness test, otherwise Long to come in for him and Dmac to be the sub.

Wilkie Howard Webster
Coffield Battle Jones
Hill Bytel Clark
Membrey King Billings
Butler Carlisle Higgins
Marshall Steele Crouch

Bytel Byrnes Lonie McKenzie

Sub: Long

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't think Long is up to it and should go out- DMac can stay. Our big problem is the midfield though.

To be fair we did get rid of Hind and Savage, who would both be far better than Sinclair, McKenzie and Long as small defenders. Very poor list management.

Savage really rounded out his game defensively in his last couple of seasons and Hind has been one of the form half backs in the comp.
True, but that means we would have had 6 for that one position not the four we have.

How's that luck though, for a decade we chased half back flankers until we seemed to have about 90% HBFs on the list. Can't find one now.

Delisting Savage was a silly move. Perfect stop-gap player for the situation we're in. Not a perfect player by any stretch, but could do a job, and was at least dependable....especially since we've done nothing with our game plan. He could bomb it on top of anyone's head from 70 metres out.

The rule changes seem to favour quick ball movement too. Both those guys would speed up the ball arriving in our forward line. The slow build up off half back gives teams the ability to set defence in front of us and so we don't have the same advantage as others.

I don't think Long is up to it and should go out- DMac can stay. Our big problem is the midfield though.

Long's best is very good, he just seems completely devoid of confidence or interest. It's like he's lacking intensity but still doing the undisciplined stuff through frustration. Hopefully this week he does a Coffield and gets back to what he does best. We need him to be good because we don't have options.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No don't delete my posts dickhead just delete the ones scotteydog is in!
Let me have the delete button for a day George ,,, Please
(so i can delete the dumb ass things iv said at times )

With their injuries, including players playing hurt, you'd want us to go bloody hard this week for four quarters.

really starting to think we will win.
Marshall / Ryder / Jones makes us a lot better. first q and 10 mins we marched the tigers before mentally falling apart.
Those 3 players make us mentally strong.
We cant be this bad. Our players ive seen them be great. It makes no sense.
Lets win this injury free, get back
to 3-3 and have hawks / gc ahead.
butters / dursma out. Rozzee on one leg, maybe dixon goes down first q. Never know. GO SAINTS!

really starting to think we will win.
Marshall / Ryder / Jones makes us a lot better. first q and 10 mins we marched the tigers before mentally falling apart.
Those 3 players make us mentally strong.
We cant be this bad. Our players ive seen them be great. It makes no sense.
Lets win this injury free, get back
to 3-3 and have hawks / gc ahead.
butters / dursma out. Rozzee on one leg, maybe dixon goes down first q. Never know. GO SAINTS!

Love your optimism. Port is really impressive so far this year because unlike most of the other ladder leaders, they're winning games with significant players out of the team.

But I thought Ryder is basically no chance to play?

look I’m a big fan of Long and had him in my votes for round one but since then he’s been average at best.

I understand what you’re saying and yes it’s tough for any team to be able to cover a role such as Paton.

if anything this season has proven just how vital a player like Paton really is to our team. When he was injured my first thought was “that’s got to be one of the worst possible players to lose”.

Long is the best of a bad bunch at the moment but to me I feel Webster has done well at his role and will be an adequate replacement when fit.

Long needs to work on his discipline - until he addresses this he’s more of a liability in the back line.

Don’t think I have ever felt my confidence in a game being so heavily dictated by selection between 2 games.
Really won’t know how I feel about this until the teams are named.

If Marshall or Ryder get up I expect us to be competitive.
If not I expect us to get beaten soundly.

Zak Jones hopefully in will be a big bonus but it seems we struggle to win a clearance without a ruck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back