Preview Round 6, 2021: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 25th April, 6:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 32.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
West Coast performance was clearly a “dead cat bounce.”

Mad kamikaze pressure covered up our deficiencies but it’s not sustainable: it was like going back in time to Richo’s time when we pulled out a half like that every few weeks (think vs Richmond 2017).

We’re playing without confidence, without system, without heart.

Port by plenty.

We still need a couple more to do a Jack Steele and elevate themselves to the next level. Marshall is probably the one closest but if we can get King, Coffield and Clark types to progress upwards we are looking a lot better. Butler dropping from AA standard to C grader has been as big a problem as losing Marshall and paddy. That small defender role looks harder to fill than it should be. Webster is too fragile, Long is disinterested this year and Dmac looks better on a wing. Leo should get his skates on.

Absolute respect Gringo ...Paton & Connelly are elite small defenders One Injured & One not getting
opportunity not his fault.
Bytel will be a beauty ....and really like the look of Allison...we’re building it’s just mids , mids that
are quick..and skilful ..always thought this year transition , we actually need 2 rucks one that’s
really young would be all over Edwards ...mid season draft ..hopefully ...and ruck that’s been around
a while as have few times now ...Briggs .

I get what you are saying but it’s not that simple. We’ve run out of players that can play at the standard. Dropping someone as an example of what happens if you under perform only to play someone underdone or not at the level yet just looks stupid. The rest are either coming back from injury or too immature as players.
From our midfield we are missing Ryder, Marshall, Gresham, Hanners, Jones. That’s a sh@t load of leadership and talent.
How many players are the bullies missing from their best lineup maybe 2.

Its unfortunate that we were already a bridge too far injury-wise right at the beginning of the season. Could have covered for either Roma OR Ryder, either Paton OR Gears, either Gresh OR Jones/Hanners but every single line has been affected by two first choice players.
Not saying the rest have not been effort - deficient at all, but it’s been a challenging start on top of a very tricky fixture.

Here’s hoping as we get them back now we can rediscover our mojo and that we have very few other injuries for the season.

Absolute respect Gringo ...Paton & Connelly are elite small defenders One Injured & One not getting
opportunity not his fault.
Bytel will be a beauty ....and really like the look of Allison...we’re building it’s just mids , mids that
are quick..and skilful ..always thought this year transition , we actually need 2 rucks one that’s
really young would be all over Edwards ...mid season draft ..hopefully ...and ruck that’s been around
a while as have few times now ...Briggs .
How about Byrnes Stewart66

Will be very good also ....very quick , dual sided , smart , tough ...just needs time , have to be patient .

Definite not playing against Port for me...., would love to play him against Hawthorn with Ryder in ruck .
I thought he was underrated in his U18 year, got a lot of ball and used it well
IMO if he was 188cm not 180cm would've gone late 1st round

I thought he was underrated in his U18 year, got a lot of ball and used it well
IMO if he was 188cm not 180cm would've gone late 1st round

What’s his best position?

Genuine question - would the boys be required to watch the Port vs Blues game as our upcoming opponent?
At a guess I would say no

Imagine if we had the Dogs next week and they watched them today, would all be pulling hammies at training

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great. So with Clark, Bytel, Byrnes and Coff (?) we do have some hopefully very good - if young- mids coming through.
I like our young core
Howard Paton Coffield Clark King Marshall Bytel Battle
Hopeful with
Highmore Byrnes Connelly Allision

Just a shame they dont have great leadership to help them a long when the going gets tough
Ross Billings Hill

Genuine question - would the boys be required to watch the Port vs Blues game as our upcoming opponent?
I can’t see why not. Always a good idea to research your next opponent.
Port finding space with ease here tonight. That’s been the difference so far.

West Coast performance was clearly a “dead cat bounce.”

Mad kamikaze pressure covered up our deficiencies but it’s not sustainable: it was like going back in time to Richo’s time when we pulled out a half like that every few weeks (think vs Richmond 2017).

We’re playing without confidence, without system, without heart.

Port by plenty.
Yeah well said. Its hard to see us flipping from that cr@p we dished up into good Saints footy between rounds even with a 10 day break and players back.
We also haven't adapted to the new rules quick enough.

Saints footy, she’s a special but volatile creature at times.
Medusa, you get lead on and lead on and then you finally work up the courage to take a look and you regret you ever did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back