Preview Round 6, 2021: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 25th April, 6:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 32.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don’t we take a leaf from Ed Langdon’s book and play Hill as a pure winger. He is not to venture inside to the contest all game. He’s more damaging on the outside. So keep him there. It won’t be the difference between winning and losing but it will start to get him more into the game. And from there we can build on it.
Did you watch ED's game today ? he went hard at the ball as well as a lot of gut running

Did you watch ED's game today ? he went hard at the ball as well as a lot of gut running
I missed most of it as I was out so only heard it on the radio. Caught the last term and saw him sprinting back and forth along the wings as he has all year. Brad Hill can go hard at the ball too but stay on the outside. No need to go right into the centre and try and take contested marks like he has been.

his strength is running. Run run run. That’s all you need to do. He has 24/25 best sprinting efforts on the Telstra Tracker on the AFL app - most with Freo I’ve noticed. Get back to that Brad Hill. Be that Brad Hill for us. That’s what we want. That’s what we need. That’s why we went for him.

We’re only 4 points and % off third spot 👍
Love it.

season far from over. We lose this week and we’re 2-4. Big deal. I expected us to be 2-4.

Yes percentage is ****ed but let’s see what happens when we get to a slightly easier part of the fixture and get some more players back.

We’re only 4 points and % off third spot 👍

Only our percentage is absolute poo and we are about to meet Port who should smash us on current form. Have Hawks and GC in Queensland and then back to the Cats and the Dogs. If our form doesn't flip soon I don't see us getting to third spot any time soon.

Only our percentage is absolute poo and we are about to meet Port who should smash us on current form. Have Hawks and GC in Queensland and then back to the Cats and the Dogs. If our form doesn't flip soon I don't see us getting to third spot any time soon.
It's extremely unlikely we beat Port, but no reason why we can't then beat Hawthorn, GC and Geelong (at Marvel) to be 5-4 by the time we take on the dogs.

We are hopefully going to start getting some players back over the next few weeks - Marshall, Jones, Ryder, Webster is predicted to be short term, Frawley - which will make our best 22 much close to what we ideally wanted it to look like.

Pfft, I don't like your attitude…

We beat Port by 45 goals and we're in the top 4, the equation is simple.

It's extremely unlikely we beat Port, but no reason why we can't then beat Hawthorn, GC and Geelong (at Marvel) to be 5-4 by the time we take on the dogs.

We are hopefully going to start getting some players back over the next few weeks - Marshall, Jones, Ryder, Webster is predicted to be short term, Frawley - which will make our best 22 much close to what we ideally wanted it to look like.

I reckon Hawks is a definite win. GC we have been so close to losing to so many times. Haven't we beat them like under a goal a few times in a row? Up there it's not a walk up any more. If we get Ryder and Marshall back it will be a different story though. Geelong is the one that I think will still be hard despite them looking shaky. We have to hope they don't start to get on a roll just as we hit them. Knowing the way the footy gods operate Jeremy Cameron will play his first game and kick 10.

I just hope the players come back and turn us around. We look very fragile right now. Hopefully we win this week and it all flips on it's head.

this u it s how I look at it. Next week it’s all about effort over four qtrs. Bring that and I reckon BC we can leave Adelaide with a percentage similar to where it is now. Anything more than that will be a bonus.

we need to look at the hawthorn - Gold Coast fortnight as a good chance to get a couple of wins to get our season back on track.

if we can be 4-4 and say 85-90% by the time we play the cats I’d say that’s a good platform and we’ll have some more players back by then hopefully and more importantly be able to find some form.

I reckon Hawks is a definite win. GC we have been so close to losing to so many times. Haven't we beat them like under a goal a few times in a row? Up there it's not a walk up any more. If we get Ryder and Marshall back it will be a different story though. Geelong is the one that I think will still be hard despite them looking shaky. We have to hope they don't start to get on a roll just as we hit them. Knowing the way the footy gods operate Jeremy Cameron will play his first game and kick 10.

I just hope the players come back and turn us around. We look very fragile right now. Hopefully we win this week and it all flips on it's head.

Four in a row by under a Goal versus Gold Coast going back to mid 2018.

three points, two points, one point and four points I believe.

If we can get Gold Coast while they are still short a ruckman, it would be ideal since we should have ours back by then. It won't be an easy one since our matches with them are always extremely close but it's a game we really should be winning.

Geelong are always tricky but them away from Kardina Park is always a better scnerio to be in. If we can play with the speed and ball movement we had against West Coast (and should always be playing with), then we can challenge them because they are still trying to move it slow despite the rule changes. A lot of work to tick off before that game though.

this u it s how I look at it. Next week it’s all about effort over four qtrs. Bring that and I reckon BC we can leave Adelaide with a percentage similar to where it is now. Anything more than that will be a bonus.

we need to look at the hawthorn - Gold Coast fortnight as a good chance to get a couple of wins to get our season back on track.

if we can be 4-4 and say 85-90% by the time we play the cats I’d say that’s a good platform and we’ll have some more players back by then hopefully and more importantly be able to find some form.
An interstate trip could do us the world of good right now. Get everyone out of their home environment and spend some time in a team bubble which we excelled in last year. A great chance to work on our connection which is lacking and almost help alleviate some of the pressure we are currently under.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something that a lot of people on here seem to be not aware of is if Seb Ross gets through the next three games without injury or being dropped it will be a new record for me as player advocate. In five years as an advocate 7 games by Hanners in a row , although split over two seasons , is my previous best . Just goes to show that my player curse has been real . Let’s all cheer on Ross for the next three games because just maybe my curse will finally be broken .
🤞

With Marshall and Jones hopefully coming back in , is there any chance Ryder could as well ? They said when he came back to the club he was really fit . Would be pretty handy inclusion even if Marshall does most of the rucking .

My next question is if both Marshall and Ryder return where does that leave Carlisle given Ratts seem to have discarded him from the backline ?

Also my thoughts on Hill , in my opinion, he is one of those players who plays awesome one week but then quiet the week after . But if you get him on a good day he can almost win the game himself , he is a X type player . Playing him in to twos is just a waste .

I would also play Bytel ahead of Dunstan but with Jones coming back it might be a toss up .

So I assume Webster will be out for a few weeks at least . Sad for the guy as he has been showing why he was once one of our best small defenders . He just can’t seem to stay on the park .

Do we need a bigger bodied defender down back ? Howard has been doing well and I think Battle has found his true spot . But that means Wilkie can some get stuck playing on resting ruckmen or at least a third tall . Even in the West Coast game there were times when Coffield was lining up on Darling .

is Carlisle finished as a defender in Ratts eyes ?

With Marshall and Jones hopefully coming back in , is there any chance Ryder could as well ? They said when he came back to the club he was really fit . Would be pretty handy inclusion even if Marshall does most of the rucking .

My next question is if both Marshall and Ryder return where does that leave Carlisle given Ratts seem to have discarded him from the backline ?

Also my thoughts on Hill , in my opinion, he is one of those players who plays awesome one week but then quiet the week after . But if you get him on a good day he can almost win the game himself , he is a X type player . Playing him in to twos is just a waste .

I would also play Bytel ahead of Dunstan but with Jones coming back it might be a toss up .
I think the plan is for Ryder to play VFL next week then he is hopefully available for the Hawthorn game.

Carlisle will probably be up against it to stay in once both rucks are back. And Ratts has mentioned a few times Frawley is very close to playing VFL as well. That said, I'd like to see hm pay back this week. While Battle has looked good there the past 2 weeks, Port play two 200cm frowns - Dixon and Marshall - and I think Carlisle is the better match up on them.

So I assume Webster will be out for a few weeks at least . Sad for the guy as he has been showing why he was once one of our best small defenders . He just can’t seem to stay on the park .

Do we need a bigger bodied defender down back ? Howard has been doing well and I think Battle has found his true spot . But that means Wilkie can some get stuck playing on resting ruckmen or at least a third tall . Even in the West Coast game there were times when Coffield was lining up on Darling .

is Carlisle finished as a defender in Ratts eyes ?
[/QUOTE

"Is Carlisle finished as a defender in Rats eyes?"

If so then it is another questionable decision coming from the coaches, and yey another reason why doubt is creeping into many of our minds.

change of tack required,
one of the small fwds out, Wood probably get 1st crack, 3 leading fwds
Clarke or Highmore to take kick-ins, gotta run the 15m out from the square before kicking it, pump it long.
movement, from the ground we are so predictable with our ball movement, our players run to position and literally stop, not just vs Richmond, we did it with Melbourne and early WC game. we somehow lack the nous to create space for other players.

Think we need to drop a small forward and bring in a taller marking forward

Happy to see Wood come in and drop one of Lonie, Butler or Higgo

In: Marshall, Jones, Wood, Connolly (sub)
Out: Hunter, Dunstan, Webster (inj), Lonie

Long - Howard - Wilkie
Coffield - Battle - Clark
Hill - Steele - McKenzie
Billings - Membrey - Wood
Butler - King - Higgins

Marshall - Crouch - Jones

Carlisle, Ross, Bytel, Sinclair

Port have talls in Marshall (Battle), Dixon (Howard), Georgiadis (Coffield/Wilkie) up forward & a few medium/smalls in Gray (Wilkie/Coffield) & Fantasia (Long)

In their backline they have 3 talls in Clurey, Allir & Burton so that's why I think we need an extra marking tall unless we thinking of going the chaos mongrel punt inside 50 which would help our small forwards

I think our mid field matches up well ....... maybe even better

Marshall, Crouch Steele Jones v Lycett Boak Amon & Wines

We are a chance if we bring our A game ....... Crouch back on his old hunting ground as well

I have a funny feeling that we will win. The same feeling I had for the Eagles game. Last week I think we al knew would lose.
Marshal and Jones back is huge. Ryder too. He's definitely fit enough now and he lost weight. Exactly the kind of game we can win. If you go through all the likely matchups around the ground, we look the slightly better team, especially in the key postion roles. Both small forward brigades have the potential to wreak havoc though. So it will come down to the midfield. I believe we can win that battle with marshall or/and ryder in there.

Go Saints!

Think we need to drop a small forward and bring in a taller marking forward

Happy to see Wood come in and drop one of Lonie, Butler or Higgo

In: Marshall, Jones, Wood, Connolly (sub)
Out: Hunter, Dunstan, Webster (inj), Lonie

Long - Howard - Wilkie
Coffield - Battle - Clark
Hill - Steele - McKenzie
Billings - Membrey - Wood
Butler - King - Higgins

Marshall - Crouch - Jones

Carlisle, Ross, Bytel, Sinclair

Port have talls in Marshall (Battle), Dixon (Howard), Georgiadis (Coffield/Wilkie) up forward & a few medium/smalls in Gray (Wilkie/Coffield) & Fantasia (Long)

In their backline they have 3 talls in Clurey, Allir & Burton so that's why I think we need an extra marking tall unless we thinking of going the chaos mongrel punt inside 50 which would help our small forwards

I think our mid field matches up well ....... maybe even better

Marshall, Crouch Steele Jones v Lycett Boak Amon & Wines

We are a chance if we bring our A game ....... Crouch back on his old hunting ground as well
Wouldn't mind even backing in Connelly over Long honestly, Long has been really reckless and poor with the ball imo

Different kinds of players, but would rather try the guy who apparently has the best kicking in the team

I have a funny feeling that we will win. The same feeling I had for the Eagles game. Last week I think we al knew would lose.
Marshal and Jones back is huge. Ryder too. He's definitely fit enough now and he lost weight. Exactly the kind of game we can win. If you go through all the likely matchups around the ground, we look the slightly better team, especially in the key postion roles. Both small forward brigades have the potential to wreak havoc though. So it will come down to the midfield. I believe we can win that battle with marshall or/and ryder in there.

Go Saints!

Not sure I’ve seen the amount of injuries to first choice players for a while, we are pretty banged up and I’m sure we’ll lose another player after scans today, possibly two. Very much a danger game, you always trouble us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back