Preview Round 6, 2021: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 25th April, 6:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 32.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Percentage wil haunt us!

We need a draw as that will take our poor percentage out of the equation.

I'd take a draw against Port but I wouldn't be so happy with a draw against Hawthorn or Gold Coast in the following couple of weeks.

So how does everyone think Hill will go Sunday :yum:

Dunno if Marshall and Jones have recovered so well that they could play against PA without aggravating their leg injuries- there's going to be a lot of ground to cover during the match, especially at the intensity needed to match it with PA. I reckon McKernan will come in for Hunter, and maybe Byrnes might get a run..because we need a lot of run.

Dunno if Marshall and Jones have recovered so well that they could play against PA without aggravating their leg injuries- there's going to be a lot of ground to cover during the match, especially at the intensity needed to match it with PA. I reckon McKernan will come in for Hunter, and maybe Byrnes might get a run..because we need a lot of run.
Both will be fine to play. The swelling will have come down in Marshall's foot by then and Jones was rested since it wasnt worth the risk with Marshall already out.

Marshall and Jones back in improves us a lot in the middle. Potentially Webster too so we’ve got a better defender back there who can use it pretty well. I’d love to see Ryder but better off him going through the VFL. If those three get up we’re a chance. Not a big one but a chance anyway.

A decent break and getting out of Melbourne might be useful. TAB are paying $4.10 for us to win, might be worth a punt.

Things are never as bad as they seem.

The club under pressure is not the club you want to meet the next week. Marshall and Jones in makes us a much better side. I would not be surprised if we win this.

The club under pressure is not the club you want to meet the next week. Marshall and Jones in makes us a much better side. I would not be surprised if we win this.
If we don't I'm holding you accountable :)

The midfield need to really step up this week. Marshall back is a massive in, as is Jones, as long as Zak can continue some of the form from the WC game.

Seb Ross needs to improve, he has been disappointing the last few weeks in the absence of other midfielders.

Boak and Wines are the dangermen. Limit their impact and clearance work and we could be a chance. That is easier said than done though.

They also have a very good backline, good intercept markers and well-organised. But if we can gain an ascendency in the middle I think we can trouble them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seb Ross needs to improve, he has been disappointing the last few weeks in the absence of other midfielders.
Ross & Hill were our most experienced players last week, both midfielders who combined for 25 touches, 5 marks, 2 tackles, 2 clearances… Hill is being outworked, but Ross needs some youngsters forcing him out or we are going nowhere.

Dixon aint so fleet of foot and given Howard is quite athletic I feel he is a good match up for him

Marshall (Port) aint much chop and Georgiadis can be inconsistent ..... both Wilkie and Battle should be able to quell their influence

Also there is no Butters, Duursma and likely no Houston & Hartlett

We need to move the ball quickly and bypass Allir where possible ....... none of this slow stagnant ball movement we saw against Richmond in the 2nd half

OUT: Webster (inj), Hunter, Long, Dunstan
IN: Highmore, Marshall, Jones,

Dunstan (sub)

Ryder in for Carlisle if he is deemed fit.

Byrnes and Clavarino to prove themselves a few more times before coming in. McKernan needs to show the intent for a few rounds in a row aftr his previous efforts.
Ratts has already said we have some protected players out there he will keep in. So guessing that will be about it.

OUT: Webster (inj), Hunter, Long, Dunstan
IN: Highmore, Marshall, Jones,

Dunstan (sub)

Ryder in for Carlisle if he is deemed fit.

Byrnes and Clavarino to prove themselves a few more times before coming in. McKernan needs to show the intent for a few rounds in a row aftr his previous efforts.
Ratts has already said we have some protected players out there he will keep in. So guessing that will be about it.
Dunstan (sub) hope not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back