Preview Round 6, 2021: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda - Adelaide Oval, Sunday 25th April, 6:40PM AEST

Who Wins?

• Power

Votes: 46 67.6%
  • Saints

Votes: 22 32.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
X5mBMp4.png

We get a 10 day break heading into this game and have Marshall returning.

For all our efforts lately there's really no excuses. I think we put in a better performance anyway but anything other than that would raise serious questions.

As for the discussion here, lets try and keep it civil.

Cheers

LiterallyNobody

Cancelled due to poster being a Campaigner
30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
We’re still a chance for this but Port at home is a tough ask. Especially in the form they are in atm.

Need to be on our a game from the start.

Port by 35

lewdogs

Cancelled
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jun 4, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Arsenal, Portland Trailblazers
They have a few injuries. Just seems impossible for us to win there two years in a row. The 10 day break comes at a good time for us.

We need to try to get some form before winnable games against Hawks and Suns.

This is going to sound inconsistent but I actually think we'll win this. It will give another false dawn and hope and all that but Port have been decimated by injury. We will probably not have Hill who is becoming a distraction and we will have Marshall and Jones playing and possibly Ryder. I can't see it becoming sustained wins but this match might be hitting a beaten up team with our best rested side and a win here last year will give us confidence.

LiterallyNobody

30k Posts 10k Posts Cake Connoisseur SFA Daffodil Day Fund Raiser Harry Potter Fan Song Contest Winner - 5+ Rounds Shiny Penny
Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Marshall and jones in. Dunstan and hunter out. Long probably out but bugger all in the seconds going by the result. Webster also out so long probably has to come in to the 22 with a new sub. No idea who because Byrnes needs more game time. Maybe dunstan but I hope not.
I don’t want Dunstan as a sub.

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Can't see us winning, club seems broken right now.
Agreed. I’m actually fearful of a massive implosion in the coming days. Not ITK or anything but reading between the lines of the season. It looks inevitable.

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
This is going to sound inconsistent but I actually think we'll win this. It will give another false dawn and hope and all that but Port have been decimated by injury. We will probably not have Hill who is becoming a distraction and we will have Marshall and Jones playing and possibly Ryder. I can't see it becoming sustained wins but this match might be hitting a beaten up team with our best rested side and a win here last year will give us confidence.
As I said only takes a couple of days for all of us to think we are a chance. I’m the same but logic says we should be 10 to one in a 2 horse race. And do they really have a lot of injuries. 2 very important players but who else?

Jan 10, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Ormond AFC
I feel like an interstate game is the perfect opportunity for the team to bond, and reset. Given the extended break between games, I reckon it would be good for the team to get to Adelaide a few days early to get away from Melbourne and get their heads in the game again.
I’m unsure they are allowed to under the afl covid rules.

Jun 17, 2018
AFL Club
St Kilda

Yep, I can see another bi polar result here. Absolutely shocking one week, respectable the next. It's utterly unsustainable, but if we can be 3 & 3 after all this, then it borders on a miracle...not a good one, not an enjoyable one, but a miracle nonetheless.

Marshall and jones in. Dunstan and hunter out. Long probably out but bugger all in the seconds going by the result. Webster also out so long probably has to come in to the 22 with a new sub. No idea who because Byrnes needs more game time. Maybe dunstan but I hope not.

Wood makes the most sense for a sub. He can play tall if need be and can play a range of utility roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Aug 13, 2016
South Gippsland
AFL Club
St Kilda
I’ll petulantly sook it up throughout the week and the closer we get to game day the more chance I’ll give us.
By the time of the bounce we’ll be 40+ favourites in my mind.
Be some sort of Christmas miracle if we knock them off 2 years in a row. For all my emotional sabre rattling earlier I’ll tune in and watch.

As I said only takes a couple of days for all of us to think we are a chance. I’m the same but logic says we should be 10 to one in a 2 horse race. And do they really have a lot of injuries. 2 very important players but who else?

I thought Rozee, Duursma and Butters were all out? That's big part of their best side. Rockliff might be due back but he had concussion issues and has had an interrupted season so might need to come back through the SANFL.

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Big supporter of Luke ...you can only play him in this game is if it’s wet slog game in my opinion

Would be making minimum changes this week ...last chance for a few .
Agreed with minimal changes. I’m a big supporter of Luke too but his last two games for us have been awful.

Stewart66

Premiership Player
Saints Pledge Contributor
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Agreed with minimal changes. I’m a big supporter of Luke too but his last two games for us have been awful.

Don’t get a result or improved there will be changes....

Clavarino , Highmore , Byrnes will get their shot and Frawley for some experience.

For me out the negativity see things opportunity mid season draft ...like the boy Edwards , Maher

Draft year clearly , disagree with depth think top 20 very good this year.

LiterallyNobody

Jul 26, 2006
AFL Club
St Kilda
Is it just me or is really stupid fixturing to have Saturday - Thursday - Sunday
Not just you. Makes no sense. We could easily have played Richmond on Saturday night. Then my weekend wouldn’t be ruined and we would still have a chance to win.

Don’t get a result or improved there will be changes....

Clavarino , Highmore , Byrnes will get their shot and Frawley for some experience.

For me out the negativity see things opportunity mid season draft ...like the boy Edwards , Maher

Draft year clearly , disagree with depth think top 20 very good this year.

We still need a couple more to do a Jack Steele and elevate themselves to the next level. Marshall is probably the one closest but if we can get King, Coffield and Clark types to progress upwards we are looking a lot better. Butler dropping from AA standard to C grader has been as big a problem as losing Marshall and paddy. That small defender role looks harder to fill than it should be. Webster is too fragile, Long is disinterested this year and Dmac looks better on a wing. Leo should get his skates on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back