Game Day Round 6, 2021: Port Adelaide v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A5XorNg.png

Go Saints.

Max King to kick six and then send his bro a text saying “come on mate - you know you want to come here”

I'm going in with zero expectation (in terms of a result), much like the WCE game, that way I won't set myself up for disappointment.

1) No injury to Marshall
2) Win some bloody clearances
3) Don't leak goals every time the oppo get it inside 50.
4) Joyce to not look like a fish out of water
5) Please don't let our terrible percentage take a further hit.

We need to show fight at the very least, we're playing on Anzac Day, that's an honour and we need to live up to it.
Jesus, man what on earth are you doing? You know we have a list as long as your arm of times we've bottled matches on centre stage! Two this season alone!

And what's this nonsense about being a Celtic club? Apart from the club being named after a boat named after a Scottish island, there's nothing Celtic about us.)

I'm going in with zero expectation (in terms of a result), much like the WCE game, that way I won't set myself up for disappointment.

1) No injury to Marshall
2) Win some bloody clearances
3) Don't leak goals every time the oppo get it inside 50.
4) Joyce to not look like a fish out of water
5) Please don't let our terrible percentage take a further hit.

My optimism has kicked in late this time, I have a feeling we won't look as s**t this week. I don't know if I can predict a win but I predict the possibility of a win. Saints by 25 points or possibly Port by 10 points....well maybe Port by 10 goals but I have a feeling we are going one week on one week off with effort. This is an effort week. Hope it's enough.

Jesus, man what on earth are you doing? You know we have a list as long as your arm of times we've bottled matches on centre stage! Two this season alone!

And what's this nonsense about being a Celtic club? Apart from the club being named after a boat named after a Scottish island, there's nothing Celtic about us.)

Traditionally a catholic area in bayside so probably a heap of Irish in there? Hopefully Ratts is out there telling them that this one is a free swing in a mean nothing match. That worked last year. Definitely don't tell them there is any kind of significance surrounding the game. Late Sunday in the most off-broadway slot there is, stuck in a backwater town where the crowd will be so intoxicated after quarter time that they might as well not be there. Should get us up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thoughts and feelings on Bytels omission?

Going to need to be smart with forward entries, bomb it long and it will be the same result as last week. Also need to kick straight with probably limited entries.

Would be nice to see Jones running out the game with energy and not banged up, we look a lot better with he and Marshall in.

Joyce to bring the luck of the irish, saints by one free kick.

Going to need to be smart with forward entries, bomb it long and it will be the same result as last week. Also need to kick straight with probably limited entries.

Would be nice to see Jones running out the game with energy and not banged up, we look a lot better with he and Marshall in.

Dan Butler kicking the sealer Robbie Gray style a few seconds before the siren?

Trust that the club know more about it than me. Chances are he’s the sub anyway seeing as how he missed the Sandy game.
Team looks good on paper but as Plugger said; games aren’t won there. Looking for a full 4 quarter effort game - especially on this day.

10 possessions - not unexpected.

Joyce inclusion warranted - especially if form is to be the guide.

Marshall makes a heap of difference.

Who knows what will happen, our best is good enough, the question is which Saints team turns up?

Not happy

Rather see ross miss

Ross was playing okay early in the year so I can see why he gets another go but I think him and Hill wouldn't want another quiet game or a bad loss. We are probably a 100 point loss off playing the kids.

I think we are stacking the side with senior experience hoping for a win, I'm glad we are going for it at least. It's getting closer to our best 22.

For those saying that Bytel had to play VFL if he wasn’t going to be in the 22, he was/is really the only viable option for the medical sub role this week.

Who were the other options outside the 22?

We’ve already picked what looks to be an overly tall team, so it would be madness to have any of the other emergencies in McKernan, Highmore or Wood as the sub, as it would be diabolical to have to sub one of them in for someone small in particular, should they get hurt and subbed out early in the match.

The only other potential option was Dunstan, and who here would have wanted to risk having him out there for potentially close to a full game, after how bad he was last week!?

So yeah, unless we wanted to really potentially sabotage our chances of winning this game, Bytel had to be the sub.

Perhaps next week it could be Byrnes, now that he’s got a couple of VFL games under his belt.

Bytel is out ? You’re f::::::: kidding me when did this happen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back