Autopsy Round 6, 2022: Hawks fall over against Swans

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly I think what today showed us that Sam has done a stellar job to get us to 3/3 this season with the obvious issues in our list (midfield looking in your general direction).

I doubt many other coaches could have got a team whose core midfield consists of a couple of mid sized, mid paced accumulators and an exciting but raw mid season rookie to that kind of record.

So the positive is I think we have a good coach (glass half full thinking here)

Your whole post speaks about fitness.

The final Q pumping is about being under sustained pressure for an extended period before the whole 'process' finally falls apart and the confidence is gone.

We've shown already this year we can battle games out right to the end and even fight back against deficits.

I seriously don't think fitness is a problem. Perhaps conceding that a few injuries to best 22 this week mean we have brought in a few players who are perhaps underdone (Day, Impey, Lynch, Wingard)... but I don't see this as a fitness issue across the squad.

QUOTE="TBoyleSuperstar, post: 74580420, member: 48076"]
Fair point.

More meaning,our fitness was fine last week.
Just think it’s more fatigue than fitness
[/QUOTE]

I understand that. Was always going to be tough after last week. Same happened after Carlton.

Like to know why the clock stayed at 20 sec in the first. It moves and they don't goal. Add the two shady boundary calls and that's three goals. Makes a difference and these aren't 'grey' areas.

If you or anyone else can be bothered, I'd suggest you make a video clip of this and try and get it to get a bit of traction of twitter. Attention needs to be brought to things like this, tag the guys at Hawks Talk Pod and Hawks Insiders and it'll get attention.

Honestly I think what today showed us that Sam has done a stellar job to get us to 3/3 this season with the obvious issues in our list (midfield looking in your general direction).

I doubt many other coaches could have got a team whose core midfield consists of a couple of mid sized, mid paced accumulators and an exciting but raw mid season rookie to that kind of record.

So the positive is I think we have a good coach (glass half full thinking here)
No matter what I am pretty stoked with our new coaching staff and I am still really pumped about our young players. Of course we are going to have blow out moments. This is a really young team. Faith

Swans are a probable top 4 side and 12-24 months further along than us .

Their class across the field showed . Was a decent schooling after 20 minutes into the first 1/4.
Thought we battled manfully and got overwhelmed.

Young guys look tired and possible need a break and reload. Plenty of winnable games after the Dees .

Ol' mate Ronke kicking 3 summed it all up

The final Q pumping is about being under sustained pressure for an extended period before the whole 'process' finally falls apart and the confidence is gone.

We've shown already this year we can battle games out right to the end and even fight back against deficits.

I seriously don't think fitness is a problem. Perhaps conceding that a few injuries to best 22 this week mean we have brought in a few players who are perhaps underdone (Day, Impey, Lynch, Wingard)... but I don't see this as a fitness issue across the squad.

Fitness is cardio, strength, fatigue management etc. We're rebuilding and this will be a feature for some time IMO. Outcoached today but also couldn't keep up. It's not a slur it's just part of being a rebuilding team sometimes. Small sample size too at the moment - I think we'll fade as the season progresses. All about getting games into players and enjoying the process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you or anyone else can be bothered, I'd suggest you make a video clip of this and try and get it to get a bit of traction of twitter. Attention needs to be brought to things like this, tag the guys at Hawks Talk Pod and Hawks Insiders and it'll get attention.

I'm useless at this sort of thing but it happened. Commentators didn't mention it. Was a legit mistake.

Stopped winning it out of the middle and stopped running to provide options. Basically the ball lived in their forward line and it was only a matter of time.

There was one play in the last quarter where Sicily took an intercept mark. He looked around for a solid 10 seconds gesturing for someone to provide an option, nobody did and he kicked it long out of frustration. They took an intercept and rebounded for a goal.
That was the ball game right there. Pretty indicative of lack of leadership.

Young squad, tough game last week. Vs a good team, after a training drill and extra 2 days. Will become a grind for the kids as the season rolls on

Midfield looked good early, but really fell away.

-13 in clearances.
-26 inside 50's.

We need big Ned back, and we need to find more mids.
100% we need to be bold and try different looks in the center built around Duke and the younger mids.
I can't look at a center square with Tom, Jom,Worpel set up again.
The quicker we have a healthier list I hope we get to see some off our line breaking dynamic players in the middle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back