Preview Round 6, 2022: Hawthorn v Sydney Swans, 25 April 2022, 12.30pm @ York Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cliff came quick for Joey.

Not that quick actually as the last few years he hasn't been the player he used to be. Still, before this year he could contribute as a second or third inside mid but now Longmire is trying to get games into younger midfielders Kennedy has just been pushed out.

That isn't to insult him, he has been a truly fantastic player for us but he is almost 34 so being slower and not being able to do what he could do at 28 is sort of expected.

No I want superior players like Will Day to play instead to enhance Hawthorn's chances of winning on Monday.

If you'd rather Morris over Day though that's your prerogative.

Not sure anyone would have been suggesting to have Morris over Day

Good test of our depth. Swans should have the cattle to beat us.
Rate the Swans , think we will crossing paths with them in finals regularly in a few years.

We should make a very good game of this , will be disappointed if we dont

Jiath will likely be a few weeks now also which is a pain in the arse. Hopefully Day is good to go as no way in hell do I want to see Josh Morris.
That's ok.

There's no way in hell he wants to see you either.

It's a lot of change to a team that performed very well. Players coming in could be slightly out of touch but there's good talent on both sides of the changes.

In the 40 point win last year, McEvoy, Cegs, Shiels, Phillips, Jiath and Howe were among the best.

It all makes for a very unpredictable match. Swans are rightly favourites and the game should be very daring and attacking. If it's close it could be one of the games of the season. I wouldn't be shocked by anything within a 50 point margin for either team.

Absolutely need a separate thread to complain about old trades!!! Still spewing we didn't get enough for Ben McGlynn and Joey, and don't get me started on letting Alec Albiston and Col Austen walk for nothing!!! We would have had multiple first rounders into the 1950 draft!!!!
I'm still miserable about letting Barry Rowlings go. 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's a lot of change to a team that performed very well. Players coming in could be slightly out of touch but there's good talent on both sides of the changes.

In the 40 point win last year, McEvoy, Cegs, Shiels, Phillips, Jiath and Howe were among the best.

It all makes for a very unpredictable match. Swans are rightly favourites and the game should be very daring and attacking. If it's close it could be one of the games of the season. I wouldn't be shocked by anything within a 50 point margin for either team.
I do remember last year's game when Cegs pulled one of his patented "Ceglar Special" games and boy didn't he just towel up Hickey!

When big Cegs was on he sure was fun to watch.

Sydney are still the most overrated team of all time. I watched the game they played last week and will suggest the win came off Eagles being awful not the Swans being outstanding.
Can only beat who you play. They took the foot off the gas 15 into the 1st 1/4 to be fair.

Last week against the cats was about how the Hawks responded to a touch up the previous week by the saints. Safe to say they exceed most people's expectations. This week I have turned my attention to how we structure up against a younger and more dynamic opponent (players & coach).
We showed geelol up for what they truly are, pretenders. This week we come up against potential contenders and how we structure up against their structure will be telling of where we are at this season. Obviously bias but if we win against the swine, the lids rattling and could come off. Dare to dream & carn the Mighty Fighting Hawks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back