AFLW Autopsy Round 6, 2022: Hawthorn vs West Coast, Friday 30 September 6.10pm AEST Skybus Stadium, Frankston

Remove this Banner Ad

As ****ed as the last ten days have been, I watched that last quarter with all the passion of the rusted on supporter that I've come to realise that I am.

Love the Hawks winning and love the team that was out there this evening.

As ****ed as the last ten days have been, I watched that last quarter with all the passion of the rusted on supporter that I've come to realise that I am.

Love the Hawks winning and love the team that was out there this evening.
If you were there there's about 1k hawks fans in your position. Despite standing underneath the siren speaker, you couldn't hear the siren

If you were there there's about 1k hawks fans in your position. Despite standing underneath the siren speaker, you couldn't hear the siren
I'd love to have been there. I'll be adding my voice when they cross the border to play either of the SA teams.

Not sure byt I think our last round might be the largest comeback in AFLW history and tonight's game third biggest.

Found this online:
1664544189949.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Episode 9 GIF by The Simpsons

Bizarre that this game is being played on a Friday evening at roughly 6.00pm in a location that would be inconvenient for potential spectators to get to in time for the first bounce, especially when there is no men's footy to compete with it. I don't understand why it isn't being played at Box Hill City Oval, at the least.
Maybe pick a city oval for home of AFLW, it is so hard to organise a large group to get to Frankston, what about a few day games so whole family’s can come.

Maybe pick a city oval for home of AFLW, it is so hard to organise a large group to get to Frankston, what about a few day games so whole family’s can come.
Mornington has a large amount of hawk supporters, so Frankston isn't a bad spot in the short term.
Box Hill, despite being sort of a second home for the hawks, has never really drawn a crowd for any level of footy.

Long term the plan is for AFLW Hawks to play out of Dingley but I hope we play 2 or 3 games in Frankston

I know it isn't for this thread, but it is this round, including the 5 goals in succession against us, the swans have now had 14 consecutive goals kicked against them.
Edit: updated.

Mornington has a large amount of hawk supporters, so Frankston isn't a bad spot in the short term.
Box Hill, despite being sort of a second home for the hawks, has never really drawn a crowd for any level of footy.

Long term the plan is for AFLW Hawks to play out of Dingley but I hope we play 2 or 3 games in Frankston
They like playing at Frankston because the ground is in such good nick, Box Hill is a hard and slippery ground, doesnt really suit the young lighter Hawks.

Good to see a few of the men down their supporting, CJ, Mitch Lewis, Lachie Bramble and Ned reeves I think. All getting lots of photos with the crowd. Apparently the boys and girls get along really well, one of the few clubs where the men and women's programs are quite integrated, you sometimes see Sam Mitchell helping on the bench. One of the AFLW players said the culture is fantastic and they are just loving playing for the Hawks.

They like playing at Frankston because the ground is in such good nick, Box Hill is a hard and slippery ground, doesnt really suit the young lighter Hawks.

Good to see a few of the men down their supporting, CJ, Mitch Lewis, Lachie Bramble and Ned reeves I think. All getting lots of photos with the crowd. Apparently the boys and girls get along really well, one of the few clubs where the men and women's programs are quite integrated, you sometimes see Sam Mitchell helping on the bench. One of the AFLW players said the culture is fantastic and they are just loving playing for the Hawks.
Was on the wrong side of the ground I guess. Didn't see any players, haha.
Yes, the ground is good, but the crowd is better.
Box hill is not a footy area. It's good for getting a few people to wear the grown and gold, but for the most part, they don't care.
Frankston has the rusted ons down the road.
Far better in the short term for promoting the game

I couldn't get down for this one (had a guest staying and dinner etc) but looked like a great atmosphere on television and beautiful environment. Really looking forward to getting there next time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back