Women's Footy Round 6, 2022 - St. Kilda vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against St. Kilda?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great effort. Did a lot of things wrong (credit to Saints pressure though) but our work rate with or without the ball and attack on the footy won out.

Taylor Smith is so close to putting it all together. Does a lot right only for her decision making or skills to let her down.

Hickie is a gun.
Smith looks a season or so off losing the baby giraffe co-ordination and she will be hard to contain. She reminds me of Hipwood’s awkwardness until he got into his early 20s. I think she is 21 or 22 and another season and a few things that seem hard for her now might get easier quite quickly. She just looks so capable but just can’t quite make hand, foot and brain always work neatly together.

As others have said, a win is a win but am not entirely impressed with that. The reigning premiers should never have allowed the winless losers to think they were in with a chance. Smash them down and remind them that if they can't beat other poor teams then they certainly have no chance against us.

Grider shanking it into the middle of the ground. OMG.
That one, and Wardlaw kicking up the mine shaft instead of punching it in low when she had Hodder and opponent sprinting inside 50 stuck out. There were a few other bite-your-own-fingers-off moments aside from those.

Last edited:
As others have said, a win is a win but am not entirely impressed with that. The reigning premiers should never have allowed the winless losers to think they were in with a chance. Smash them down and remind them that if they can't beat other poor teams then they certainly have no chance against us.
The fact that we played only 1 good quarter and had as many scoring shots as we did was impressive. Had we scored 11 goals instead of 11 behinds we would be talking about an annihilation right now.

Should practice kicking goals around the corner, so frustrating seeing the girls go for a drop punt on a tight angle and missing everything.
2 games in the next 8 days means there's not going to be any time for skills practice

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The fact that we played only 1 good quarter and had as many scoring shots as we did was impressive. Had we scored 11 goals instead of 11 behinds we would be talking about an annihilation right now.
True but the reality is most if not all of those 11 shots never looked like being a goal

I would prefer to be talking about an annihilation.

Not getting the annihilation result would help the girls focus, how to do things better next week.
Happy with the 4 points - bring on the Suns.

Their jobs?
Surely some of them have 20 minutes early in the morning or late in the afternoon at least once a week to keep their skills fresh. When playing local football we're encouraged to do same even though some of us work full time.

Last edited:
Back