Game Day Round 6, 2023 - GWS vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It met all the current criteria of a dangerous tackle. The debate is going to roll on about the rule though. If a player tries to stay standing in the tackle it becomes a battle of strength/position and players go down very quickly once they’ve lost their balance. I’m not sure what the tackler is supposed to do in those situations other than let the guy with the ball get it out to their teammate?
Not saying it wasn't deserved, but that if it hadn't become dangerous it was clearly HTB

We don't have the let's embarrass the opposition killer instinct.

Important mindset in elite sports success.
I think that is the difference between very good to elite and great teams/players/athletes. Most greats don’t just want to win/beat you they want to dominate and embarass, leave no doubt that they’re the best.

Not saying it wasn't deserved, but that if it hadn't become dangerous it was clearly HTB
I agree, and to be honest the umpire should have blown the whistle before Lachie had to be taken to ground. He had taken the tackler on and hadn’t made any real effort to dispose of the ball.

We aren't ruthless enough, so often we get to 30-40 in front and we ease off, I suppose you can't expect to beat all the lesser sides by 60+. but it does get frustrating when we keep letting lesser teams back into games.

I agree if they get the 1st goal they will get a real sniff and lift, we need to put them away early.
Literally win by about 80 last week

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back