AFLW Round 6, AFLW Season 7

Pyro and Gyro now equal leaders in the league goalkicking for the season...

But the dark-haired one (called "WarLord" by Libby Birch on The W Show) should really be way in front, despite having missed a game.

Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
if you can get the ball but let it go out or block others to let it go out, well get stuffed, the last touch should be reversed for "insuffient intent" to keep the ball in!!! That's the actual damn rule, it should be applied to every player not just the last possession!
Totally agree with this. If the rules are there to encourage players to keep the ball in play, you shouldn't be rewarding players who could keep it in play and choose not to. At the very least, have the umpires wave off the free kick - but I like your idea better.

Cop that, Swans. You've now learned the lesson that it's not ok to be a freshman!

One of the 10 must-see matches of the AFLW season right there, another bullseye from the geniuses at womens.afl.

Oct 8, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
St Kilda
Cop that, Swans. You've now learned the lesson that it's not ok to be a freshman!
I felt bad for the Swans' mids at the end of that in a way I just didn't for Port's after the showdown. At least Arnell was putting older players in there to share in the beatings with the youngsters. I don't have numbers, but it seemed like it was mostly Ham, Hurley and Sheppard who were getting destroyed by the Roos midfield. I'm sure there was some lesson being taught to Ham about how a great player like Garner works, but surely you can teach that lesson with GPS numbers.

One of the 10 must-see matches of the AFLW season right there, another bullseye from the geniuses at womens.afl.
Made me curious as to what the 10 games were

1 - Port Adelaide 3-63 Adelaide
2 - Essendon 24-26 Richmond
3 - Western Bulldogs 23-20 Fremantle
4 - Adelaide 26-44 Melbourne
5 - Brisbane 82-9 Gold Coast
6 - North Melbourne 67-1 Sydney
7 - Melbourne vs Western Bulldogs (Rd 7)
8 - West Coast 23-26 Fremantle
9 - Melbourne 27-42 Brisbane
10 - Sydney 18-65 Greater Western Sydney

4 blowouts
3 close games
2 comfortable wins
1 to be determined.

Though - It is interesting that the 5 teams not listed are carlton, collingwood, geelong, hawthorn and st kilda. Can't blame the journalist of a pro-victorian bias.

Back