• Draw

• GWS by 1-24

• GWS by 25-49

• GWS by 50+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably at a point now we’re buddy isn’t capable anymore of winning games of his own boot and carrying an tire front half

No idea were the score will come from to pressure them

Our backline won’t contain multiple entries as it’s simple not good enough

Who the **** takes Greene I have no idea

Sometimes scoring opportunities come from weight of numbers. If our midfield is good enough to just get it down there frequently enough, who knows we might be able to pull scores out of our arses. Not a whole lot unlike Richmond do.

Problem is I don't think our midfield is good enough.

Not surprised Ronke was dropped really.

0 tackles just isn’t good enough as It’s a requirement of the role he is playing.

He also had 3 effective disposals (total 9) and 4 turnovers.

Hasn’t been great all season.

Might be worth moving Parker into Ronkes role and giving Rowbottom and Blakey some midfield minutes. I thought Blakey was really lively when he went into the midfield in the NEAFL.

Not surprised Ronke was dropped really.

0 tackles just isn’t good enough as It’s a requirement of the role he is playing.

He also had 3 effective disposals (total 9) and 4 turnovers.

Hasn’t been great all season.

Might be worth moving Parker into Ronkes role and giving Rowbottom and Blakey some midfield minutes. I thought Blakey was really lively when he went into the midfield in the NEAFL.
His role is dependent on the midfield, I’d be out of form if I was a forward and the only target they look for IS Franklin...when we get it in there. Outside of Franklin, NO forward is performing.

I hope he kills it in the NEAFL but I hope our midfield can lift their games more.

Sometimes scoring opportunities come from weight of numbers. If our midfield is good enough to just get it down there frequently enough, who knows we might be able to pull scores out of our arses. Not a whole lot unlike Richmond do.

Problem is I don't think our midfield is good enough.
It used to work for us. I remember when even though we had BBBH and Mickey O to kick to, we frequently still finished the day with ten or a dozen different goalkickers.

I honestly think it’s time we throw some players into the deep end.

The club always have eased them in , Parker , Mitchell, Heeney HF etc etc etc

Let’s put Blakey, Rowbottom and Dawson on the ball

Yep it's gonna kill even more when Taranto and Hopper help tear us a new one, despite being around the same age as Heeney, Mills, Hewett etc who still aren't being full-time mids.

Really wanna see Rowbottom in the guts

We have so many players playing so poorly for so many games that eventually a couple are going to stand up and drag the across the line.

If we manage that against GWS who are coming off an embarrassing loss to Freo, at the SCG, it'll be one of our all-time freak victories. GWS at 1.47 looks pretty kind to the Swans.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I watched the replay again WW & apart from his howler hanballing to opposition for a goal, Parker was pretty good for us. We are fast running out of players we like it seems. Even Buddy dropped two sitters after getting in position to mark.
We aren't playing well as a team that's all & just need to improve our tackling. We are like turnstiles out there.

Very True. When it comes to that area of the game the rot set in early last year. Opposition were walking through our tackles and it has got worse this year. That tells me our effort is not what it should be and that's disappointing for a supporter base who have for so long been proud of the effort their team has given and something they have been held in the highest regard for. All I want from Players Is Effort. You give effort and your weaknesses become a frustration but nothing more. Last week Parker's effort was better as was the team's but a lack of confidence is killing this team at the moment based on consistent effort not being there in the first few weeks along with some terrible butchering of football basics. Get the effort right, work on the basics and along with confidence the wins will come. Like a broken record I can't count the times I have said this team are by no means a top 4 side or may be not even top 8 but they are a hell of a lot better than their current standing.

At least want us to show a bit of aggression for 4 quarters - at least start tackling with some friggin' intent, if nothing else is going to change. So many passive, half tackles in the first 5 games, they've been so bad the opposition has been busting through multiple tackles in congestion at almost walking pace.
We've also just allowed GWS to bully us a few too many times (couple of finals, in particular, spring to mind).

Surely Blakey is playing wing looking at that side on paper though? Seems like a lot lot of Key Position players to have otherwise...and going on 2019 form, not one can really ruck and, unless one suddenly catches fire, they all drop far too many marks as a collective group (and most of them as individuals) to all be playing together in one game.

At least want us to show a bit of aggression for 4 quarters - at least start tackling with some friggin' intent, if nothing else is going to change. So many passive, half tackles in the first 5 games, they've been so bad the opposition has been busting through multiple tackles in congestion at almost walking pace.
We've also just allowed GWS to bully us a few too many times (couple of finals, in particular, spring to mind).

Surely Blakey is playing wing looking at that side on paper though? Seems like a lot lot of Key Position players to have otherwise...and going on 2019 form, not one can really ruck and, unless one suddenly catches fire, they all drop far too many marks as a collective group (and most of them as individuals) to all be playing together in one game.

Key word. Spot On.

His role is dependent on the midfield, I’d be out of form if I was a forward and the only target they look for IS Franklin...when we get it in there. Outside of Franklin, NO forward is performing.

I hope he kills it in the NEAFL but I hope our midfield can lift their games more.

I am not really talking about scoring output. More about workrate. 0 tackles and 9 pressure acts isn’t good enough, no matter how you cut it. He also isn’t hitting the scoreboard however true to a degree you point about the midfield, his job is to get front and centre to the likes of Buddy. Buddy gives plenty of opportunities too as he isn’t the strongest contested mark.

In any case, on debut, Rowbottom had 4 tackles and 19 pressure acts from slightly less gametime.

I don’t wear the midfield excuse for his lack of pressure and tackling. That’s a huge part of his role. Last season he averaged near 4 tackles per game and had 0 games under 10 disposals.

So far this season he hasn’t even gotten to 4 tackles once (3 1 3 0) and has had 3 games under 10 disposals (7 9 9) and his best has been 11.

Very True. When it comes to that area of the game the rot set in early last year. Opposition were walking through our tackles and it has got worse this year. That tells me our effort is not what it should be and that's disappointing for a supporter base who have for so long been proud of the effort their team has given and something they have been held in the highest regard for. All I want from Players Is Effort. You give effort and your weaknesses become a frustration but nothing more. Last week Parker's effort was better as was the team's but a lack of confidence is killing this team at the moment based on consistent effort not being there in the first few weeks along with some terrible butchering of football basics. Get the effort right, work on the basics and along with confidence the wins will come. Like a broken record I can't count the times I have said this team are by no means a top 4 side or may be not even top 8 but they are a hell of a lot better than their current standing.
Yeah spot on WW.
Turning the team upside down & inside out is not the answer. It's actually up to the players out there to get their timing right when chasing, tackling, kicking etc. We are so far off with our link up from player to player, that not only do we mess up opportunities to score our own goals, the turnovers we have from those plays often result in goals the other way & in a hurry.. So if we can fix our entries forward, we automatically take care of most of our opposition's scoring opportunities. In all our games thus far this season, two more goals for & two less against has us winning a few more games.
An example was Heeney not taking the first option to hanball early in the game to Parker. Instead of running forward for a chance at goal, it went the other way for a goal. 12 point turn around right there. So you would have thought Heeney learned his lesson. Nope, he did it again. Ronke did the same thing twice burning team mates going forward & it went back the other way. Our players then need to work harder the other way because of selfish decision making.
It's actually not as hard to fix as we supporters all think. Melican in rd 1 against the Dogs gave away two selfish free kicks for goals. It hurt us & he followed it up the next week.
We can't just keep dropping everyone. They just need to learn on the go. Not next game but next contest because the next game is just way too late.
That's my rant.

I am not really talking about scoring output. More about workrate. 0 tackles and 9 pressure acts isn’t good enough, no matter how you cut it. He also isn’t hitting the scoreboard however true to a degree you point about the midfield, his job is to get front and centre to the likes of Buddy. Buddy gives plenty of opportunities too as he isn’t the strongest contested mark.

In any case, on debut, Rowbottom had 4 tackles and 19 pressure acts from slightly less gametime.

I don’t wear the midfield excuse for his lack of pressure and tackling. That’s a huge part of his role. Last season he averaged near 4 tackles per game and had 0 games under 10 disposals.

So far this season he hasn’t even gotten to 4 tackles once (3 1 3 0) and has had 3 games under 10 disposals (7 9 9) and his best has been 11.
Fair point but if you want to have a look at the forward line when, on the odd occasion, we do go forward...there is only Franklin. You can’t crumb if you’re not there and the reason he or any other player is not there is because the midfield has failed and the ball is in defence. His and every other forwards poor output (or input if you like...depends how you look at it), is a direct result of the way we play, not the way the individual plays.

I’m fine with Ronke being sent back, but he’s a scapegoat for some in the midfield that clearly aren’t performing. I’d imagine most forward numbers would be down as a result...I don’t need stats for that, I just need my eyes!

We don’t tackle because we are slower than a wet week.
We can't tackle because we are like jelly from the extra kilometers we run because of the amount of turnovers we have by missing targets. It's killing anything we do & that we haven't been smashed by 50 points plus is amazing.

We don’t tackle because we are slower than a wet week.

AFL players don't really know how to tackle either.

Lots to be learned from the rugby codes.

We can't tackle because we are like jelly from the extra kilometers we run because of the amount of turnovers we have by missing targets. It's killing anything we do & that we haven't been smashed by 50 points plus is amazing.
Thanks for validating my point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back