• Draw

• GWS by 1-24

• GWS by 25-49

• GWS by 50+

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronke deserved to be dropped for his incredibly selfish shot at goal last week...

Swans need to relocate away from the Eastern Suburbs, too many off season lattes and not enough skills training. The only pride they seem to have these days is walking down Oxford St - it certainly isn't making our home ground a fortress.

GWS by 6 goals.

I don't like Mellican coming in...I think we could of bought in some speed and moved Reid back. They are going to blow is away in the midfield

It's amazing how fast teams that hit their targets look. You need a handful of players with speed which we have, but you need 90% of the team that runs out with a high efficiency rating for each match.
Don't ever forget this.
The ball moves much faster than anyone's legs can carry them.
It's true... speed with the ball is not about leg speed... speed without the ball is more so. Having said that give me a player who is fast between the ears and you have benefits in both directions

It's amazing how fast teams that hit their targets look. You need a handful of players with speed which we have, but you need 90% of the team that runs out with a high efficiency rating for each match.
Don't ever forget this.
The ball moves much faster than anyone's legs can carry them.
Players with good leg speed will get you the ball. Players with good skill will move the ball quickly. This line up lacks both, but good leg speed would have at least gotten us the ball

Players with good leg speed will get you the ball. Players with good skill will move the ball quickly. This line up lacks both, but good leg speed would have at least gotten us the ball
Not if they've had to run 10 - 15% more than their opponent because the ball has missed it's target on a regular basis, especially when they've used their speed to get further forward as an option, only to then need to go back the other way.
As the game wears on those extra options diminish with each minute that passes & with each player with speed dropping his levels back to those of an opponent who in normal situations is a 10 - 15% slower player.

As much as I am an advocate for ronke, he deffs deserves a stint in the magoos. In saying that, I'm so disappointed with our ins. An out of form ronke and Jack are still better than those inclusions. What more does Stoddart need to do? Melican wasted his chance

Should've been Stoddart and COR. We're going to get pelted.

Two flankers?? Who the heck would they come in for? Look at our weakest players against the Tigers - Jack, Ronke, Reid.. do you see a half back flanker in those names?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not concerned by us losing pace in selection. GWS aren’t actually that fast. They are just hard-running and efficient on the spread. To me they’re not a manic, attack attack attack side like Essendon, Port or Brisbane. They’re more in the Bulldogs mould. Make themselves look faster than they are through ball use and hard running. It’s basically a work rate and fitness thing if we want to match them. Are we willing to work hard enough to stick with them, and are we brave enough to run just as hard for each other when it’s our turn to attack? That I have doubts about, but matching them in speed is the least of our concerns.

Can we get two way running back, I’m tired of defence in a zone, and tired of us being outnumbered at contests, to me it’s workrate not skill, surely even the worst team can get to contests in numbers

Two flankers?? Who the heck would they come in for? Look at our weakest players against the Tigers - Jack, Ronke, Reid.. do you see a half back flanker in those names?
Our flanks are a massive problem for us. Can't take anyone out because they don't exist. Plus Stoddart deserved a run. Don't think the butt of our problems lay with ronke and Jack. Yeah they weren't great, but what do you expect from melican and Blakey? They will be even less influential than what jack and ronke were at their worst.

And he is a bit of a plodder and a shocking kick

That’s my opinion though
His one strength is he does read the ball pretty well, which to me means he stays back.

just hope we are more competitive than last time we met

We actually looked good in this fixture last season (and even scored 100+ points!), so there's still hope. However if we turn it over like last week we are looking at a 50+ margin for sure.

We actually looked good in this fixture last season (and even scored 100+ points!), so there's still hope. However if we turn it over like last week we are looking at a 50+ margin for sure.

You forgot the final though ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back